Dutch Tourist Caught With Marijuana In Central Pattaya

Rimmer

Dutch Tourist caught with Marijuana in Central Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- The use of Marijuana in some countries is either permitted or tolerated, however here in Thailand strict laws are in place to prevent the use of narcotics. A Dutch tourist found this out in the early hours of Saturday morning when he was arrested in possession of a block of Marijuana.

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-02-05

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

What's the penalty for this crime? I assume class 5 is less serious than a class 1 or 2. Either way the idiot deserves it, he's been coming here for 8 years and knows the law.

Assuming he has the bail money.. 100,000 baht.. or more... He probably will only get fined 2000 baht or something like that when it finally gets to court. Only smoking not selling or trafficing. (sp?)

During my maiden trip a couple of years ago, my mate brought some 'homegrown' over in his suitcase. He even had the audacity to smoke it around the Loma hotel pool, after I had explained to him about the 'laws' in LOS; I moved to an opposing sun lounger.:whistling:

A "police informant"? Perhaps the guy who sold it to him.

Perhaps....? :rolleyes:.......how else would anyone know where the guy lived?........""A Police informant provided information to officers who were taken to a 3rd floor apartment in Soi Town-in-Town Hotel off the Central Pattaya Road..."

The informer gets paid; old story. Not very clever of the guy.

LaoPo

A "police informant"? Perhaps the guy who sold it to him.

Perhaps....? :rolleyes:.......how else would anyone know where the guy lived?........""A Police informant provided information to officers who were taken to a 3rd floor apartment in Soi Town-in-Town Hotel off the Central Pattaya Road..."

The informer gets paid; old story. Not very clever of the guy.

LaoPo

Yes - perhaps.

It was cleared up when "482182" who apparently knows the guy explained: "It was a stupid guy who kee him and want to coze him some truble but didn't work out".