Information About Ibogaine Sought

TAWP

Who said one cannot learn something from TV?

Recently saw an episode of Law and Order again and they mention the usage of Ibogaine to break the addiction of opiates etc.

It also mentions that the usage in the US is basically prohibited but it is available in other countries for addiction treatment.

Is this substance or any groups using it in treatment available in Thailand?

More info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibogaine

No.

And it is banned in many more countries than the US.

Also, no pharmacological company is producing it, so there is no commercial source. The places which are using it, must be either using a raw form (hopefully with testing in some manner to determine the amount of active ingrediant) or processing it themselves.

Canada, Sweden and many other countries have facilities that use it.

I found two in Thailand too, but it was noted in the reference that they were 'unlicensed' and both where 'resort'-solutions, aka westerners coming here to live nice and get help. Not what I sought.

Sad really that it isn't used or researched more - but then again, maybe some really want the drug war to be everlasting...

• 4 months later...

I think one on Koh Samui and Koh Panghan. You can google ibogain and Thailand. But I think it is pretty expensive. The material itself its not expensive, you can buy from Holand for example. In many European countries its legal. But I wonder is it legal in Thailand?