Motorbike Driver Killed In Central Pattaya

Rimmer

Motorbike driver killed in central Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- Yet another motorbike accident claimed a life on the streets of Pattaya over the weekend, this time at the Central Pattaya Road intersection with Sukhumvit Road. According to witnesses, a Thai male was riding his motorbike at high speed in a straight line along Sukhumvit Road when he failed to notice the traffic lights at the Central Road intersection were on red. Hurtling through the red light he came to a grinding and fatal halt when he crashed into another motorbike, with a sidecar attached.

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-02-07

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I'm seriously surprised news like this doesn't happen several times a day with the amount of people who speed through red lights. Especially late at night when they are fueled with booze.

It does...just doesn't make the news. Even fatalities involving farangs don't always get reported. Driving a scooter here in Pattaya is truly a risky activity!

The last statistics I read motor bike deaths in Pattaya average 2. 7 per week, for you boneheads that about a eleven a month, why did this one make the news ?

Whose stats? The local governments? :lol:

Read the local Thai papers and you will see a whole bunch more that never gets reported in the English media...even that's only the tip of the iceburg. :(

The last statistics I read motor bike deaths in Pattaya average 2. 7 per week, for you boneheads that about a eleven a month, why did this one make the news ?

Read the local Thai papers and you will see a whole bunch more that never gets reported in the English media...even that's only the tip of the iceburg. :(

i still remember being in the police station in Phuket ( friend had an crash) and the policeman there said there was an average of 5 DEATHS a day caused by motorbike crashes in phuket .....

i still remember being in the police station in Phuket ( friend had an crash) and the policeman there said there was an average of 5 DEATHS a day caused by motorbike crashes in phuket .....

Must have gone up since I was last in the dump.

A friend's friend was injured 2 weeks ago on their bike. Another bike, with 3 school girls on it, had pulled in front of him on Suk. One girl was seriously hurt. This guy went to the local Thai hospital in Banglamung (?) and said you would be amazed at what comes in there.

3 Deaths at the Chaiyapruek 2 / railway bypass junction last week, in all cases due to the motorbike drivers on Chaiyaprek 2 ignoring the lights!!! Over 20 more "incidents" that i personally know of and i only pass there twice in the morning and twice in the evening - good spot for taking a video methinks!!

Damned strange their desperation to go through Red lights, considering i have never known a Thai to be on time for an appointment!!!??:annoyed:

I read the riot act to my Wife and her Staff at our shop there, but, the open mouths and blank stares makes me think i wasted my breath!:angry: