Lcd Tv Suitable For True

opalhort

My old CRT will not make it through the next weekend so I'll have to look for something new.

As I recall it had been mentioned here that there is a resolution issue with TRUE on LCD.

We only need a simple model. 32", RF, 2 AV and Component inputs (RF and AV stereo and bilingual would be a bonus but not a must).

Resolution should be so that a clear picture can be viewed from 2-3mtr. distance.

No need for HD and all other fancy things.

What specs especially resolution should I look for? I don't want to get one which displays TRUE only in large pixels.

Any suggestions about brand, Model and price?

Edited by opalhort

There are frommy observation only two resolution available now in Flat screen TV Full HD 1920X 1080 or HD or HD ready are 1366 x 768 These are maximum resolutions they alldo lower resolutions as well. They all do what you want with True. I sawa 32" HD Samsung (350series) in Lotus Tesco last weekend for 10990BHT.There also a HD 450series same brand for 12990BHT. I also like to LGs. Butreally any of them are good the locally made LG and Samsung’s tend to be bitcheaper. You pay about 15990BHT for a Full HD in 32”I have also seenlow end TCL's and others here too but generally picture not as good. It agod time to buy as the market fairly saturated now and manufactures arereducing their prices.

I another post acouple of weeks ago I suggested people should buy full HD TV’s so you might read what I saidthere as well but from what you said here I do not think those comment apply toyou.

HD is not a "fancy thing" anymore. That would be 240hz 3D.

If you bought a 32" TV that wasn't HD it would be total crap. I wouldn't worry about the "resolution issues with LCD," if you connect it with an HDMI cable the TV will tell the unit what resolution it wants and that's that. Component video is garbage; that could cause resolution issues as the data only goes one way.

Pick one up second hand in classifieds section in here or Power Buy or Pantip or Tesco or Big C or whatever where 32" 720p HDTVs are going for next to nothing.

If you are really LCD phobic for some reason, get a 42" or 50" 720p plasma TV for about 16,000.

If you are really LCD phobic for some reason, get a 42" or 50" 720p plasma TV for about 16,000.

Seconded.

Just been through all this myself. Not a big techie when it comes to TV's so read up on everything. I already have a 42" plasma which is about 7-years old and has been excellent. Even now the picture is great and is not even HD ready. I think the res is around 560 or something close.

A new TV was in order for the bedroom. Given a new TV was basically for True and a few downloaded movies I opted for another Plasma. It's a 720p (actually 768) and picture quality is great.

Tesco Lotus has some LG 720p 42" Plasma's for 17,000 Baht and a 50" for 25,000 Baht. I ended up with a 42" Panasonic Plasma for just less than 30,000 Baht. Basically chose it because the other one has been so good. Plus it looks nicer than the LG.

A lot of what I read was people buying these full HD tv's, watching True satellite and complaining that the picture was crap. It's something to do with the satellite signal having to be upscaled and as a result the picture quality is not as good. However, if you are into playing downloaded HD content and Blueray movies then the 1018 full HD would be the way to go.

Thanks for all your replies.

No I don't have any LCD phobia.

I need the TV only for my small home office, don't even have DVD player and don't need a connection to PC etc.

My main concern was that I still have the good old Analogue cable box from TRUE which has only a RF output not even AV.

I use it only for news and an occasional movie, that's why I said stereo and bilingual would be a bonus.

I've now settled on a SONY 32" BX300 for 11,990.- at Power Buy.

Now I only have to persuade my wife to go out and get it for me since I can no longer show my face in public (cancer that is causing a severe deformity of may face).

opalhort