Bmw 320 D Or Benz 250 Cdi

bkmbkk

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get it HD!

is the Thai 320d new or old body?

and you r gonna miss that sweet inline six music.

got my first bmw inline6 528i in 1982, and loved the sound of it since :P

320d sounds, well efficient :whistling:

KBB back in UK I alternated between BMW's 7 series & and Stuttgart taxi's and then one day at the golf club I was introduced to the Lexus dealer. Say no more! German engineering - a (expensive) myth!. :ph34r:

I would always buy BMW over Mercedes.

I have had 4 , and one Benz , only the Benz gave me grief. :angry:

Another poster stated that the Stereo System in the BMW was superb, I would have to strongly disagree, They are connected to a computer so that when you drive faster and create more engine noise the volume increases and then decreases as you slow down. I found this most annoying and asked if it could be disconnected but they said no. I had a 325i until recently, I sold it as I hardly used it, but as far as driving goes they are a sheer delight.

My wife recently commented when talking to a Thai motor dealer Thai's veiw BMW's as sporty, racy cars and Mercs for the Hi-so crowd, for example it's rare to see a woman in a BMW, but half the Benz drivers I have seen on the road are women.

But as also mentioned there is a new 3 series model going to arrive in Thailand early next year, it looks crap from what I have seen of it compared to the present 3 series , but no matter Thai Bimmer lovers will buy them and the resale value of an older model will drop. Also I cant speak for Benz but Bimmers do not hold their value as much as I thought they would. Mine lost 250,000 baht a year over the four years I had it. I won't buy another in Thailand, purely becuase of price and tax.

Thanks for the inputs !

When I wrote the first post in Feb. I was leaning most towards the Merc. 250 cdi, but now it is the BMW that has my attension.

There is quite a few of the new BMW 2010 model 2nd hand at around 2,3-2,5 mill for the top model - that is app half a mill down from new price so the first big loss is taken.

Still hasn't bought ,but it is closing in on the BMW - has to be diesel !

Sounds terrible that the stereo turns itself up and down when the noise increases.

Both cars are very nice and the torque (500 nm) of the Benz sounds almost too good to be true.

Hi

So did you buy one? i am looking to trade my E60 for the 320D, they gave me a new (only done 900KM)for me to test for 3 days, i must say that its a very dam_n good car, 180HP and easy to get to 215 HP, if you want.

I'm sitting (working) on a yacht in Alaska at the moment, but when I come back (in Sep.- this dam_n trip just seems to never end) I will check out how much discount BMW wnat to give on a new - considering a new model is comming up soon.

Do you have any discount offered ?

Otherwise there is a good few 2010 models around now for app. 2 mill. - the top model with navigation !

Get it HD!

is the Thai 320d new or old body?

and you r gonna miss that sweet inline six music.

got my first bmw inline6 528i in 1982, and loved the sound of it since :P

320d sounds, well efficient :whistling:

KBB back in UK I alternated between BMW's 7 series & and Stuttgart taxi's and then one day at the golf club I was introduced to the Lexus dealer. Say no more! German engineering - a (expensive) myth!. :ph34r:

agreed, except the Lexus diesel with refinement on par with a London cabs Perkins :rolleyes:

but engine sound is not about refinement, perhaps on the contrary

sweetsounding harleys and ducaties, not to mention Chev350 and dodge360 are absolutely not refined engines

but

bmw 2,0 diesel is german engineering at its best, low on fuel-high on performance-durable-refined diesel tech

looked at the BMW range recently and was blown away by the new 5 series, I know its abit more 3,699,000 but fantastic car , like a mini 7 series. Not a fan of the mercs myself .

BMWs are great cars if you like being locked out of them...by the car itself. They apparently have a mind of their own...look around this forum if you don't believe me :lol:

Yep..set up incorrectly in the iDrive and the doors lock when you close the last one.........best to set up so that they lock after you drive off!....sometimes it's just too clever for it's own good.

I believe that the 3-series changes in 2013, the 5-series has just changed and I believe won't be changed again for another 10 years..except for a face lift.

BMW have just released a brochure, some testing by an independent..BMW v Merc.. BMW came out tops every time in the comparrison.

There are a lot of good 2nd hand 5-series about now, my 520d is a great car, just wish I could afford the new 525d now...next year hopefully.

I believe that the 3-series changes in 2013, the 5-series has just changed and I believe won't be changed again for another 10 years..except for a face lift.

The new F30 3-series releases next year..

I was going to wait for the F30 series, but I guess l'll have to buy one of the last E93 M3's in early 2012 - the F30 version M3 is going back to a turbo 6 :(

I was going to wait for the F30 series, but I guess l'll have to buy one of the last E93 M3's in early 2012 - the F30 version M3 is going back to a turbo 6 :(

If it wasn't for the price tag I would love a M3 , but tell me aren't you worried about the quality af petrol here ? I assume a M3 would run best on octane 95 and that isn't so easy to get anymore.

My reason for wanting to go diesel is mainly because I am afried of this.

I could live with a Golf R/GTI (5 door) but again the petrol issue is keeping me from that as well.

If it wasn't for the price tag I would love a M3 , but tell me aren't you worried about the quality af petrol here ? I assume a M3 would run best on octane 95 and that isn't so easy to get anymore.

My reason for wanting to go diesel is mainly because I am afried of this.

I could live with a Golf R/GTI (5 door) but again the petrol issue is keeping me from that as well.

Both as 2010 models have no problem with 95 E10 gasohol, Shell V-Power beeing one of the better quality ones

Spent last week amongst Gray Area Thais.One Hi so,but the rest were 45ish Surgeon,Pharmacy Supply types.They, like us are pissed off with the lack of choice here,so being able to buy outside the Frame they reluctantly do so .It gave me chance to drive an Audi Q, say no more, blooody refreshing.These Guys are not Flash Harry Tuna types, neither are they interested in Lambo style, they just want quality.One Jaguar,and the rest were all German, what really surprised me no one was remotely interested in a Lexus , and they didn't like Diesel Engines one bit.

Oh, i foregot,to mention when i asked why no one had a Black anything they just laughed, is there some In Joke about Black Car Drivers,they wouldn't say why they found my question amuseing. Now my Wifes just done the same, any ideas.?. My guess is its poplar with Poo Yai People in Amphurs.,????

what really surprised me no one was remotely interested in a Lexus , and they didn't like Diesel Engines one bit.

That's because everyone know Lexus = Toyota, and now that even more Lexus design language is making it's way into Toyota products, it'll only get worse.

But even if you remove all of that brand paranoia, the fact is that Lexus are simply outlassed by their price-respective rivals each time. Why would you buy an RX when you could buy an Audi, VW or Porsche SUV for the same coin? Why would you buy a GS300, or IS250 over any similarly priced BMW or Benz? And why on earth would you even consider an LS460 over an Audi RS5 or BMW M3? ;)

As for diesels, that's going to take time.. The brilliant BMW N47 ("20d") engine is slowly changing attitudes, and the next-generation of Benz diesels should help too.

Oh, i foregot,to mention when i asked why no one had a Black anything they just laughed, is there some In Joke about Black Car Drivers,they wouldn't say why they found my question amuseing. Now my Wifes just done the same, any ideas.?. My guess is its poplar with Poo Yai People in Amphurs.,????

Maybe becasue black is a silly choice of color in a country this close to the equator? ;)

what really surprised me no one was remotely interested in a Lexus , and they didn't like Diesel Engines one bit.

That's because everyone know Lexus = Toyota, and now that even more Lexus design language is making it's way into Toyota products, it'll only get worse.

But even if you remove all of that brand paranoia, the fact is that Lexus are simply outlassed by their price-respective rivals each time. Why would you buy an RX when you could buy an Audi, VW or Porsche SUV for the same coin? Why would you buy a GS300, or IS250 over any similarly priced BMW or Benz? And why on earth would you even consider an LS460 over an Audi RS5 or BMW M3? ;)

As for diesels, that's going to take time.. The brilliant BMW N47 ("20d") engine is slowly changing attitudes, and the next-generation of Benz diesels should help too.

+1 :thumbsup:

I would always buy BMW over Mercedes.

I have had 4 , and one Benz , only the Benz gave me grief. :angry:

Another poster stated that the Stereo System in the BMW was superb, I would have to strongly disagree, They are connected to a computer so that when you drive faster and create more engine noise the volume increases and then decreases as you slow down. I found this most annoying and asked if it could be disconnected but they said no. I had a 325i until recently, I sold it as I hardly used it, but as far as driving goes they are a sheer delight.

My wife recently commented when talking to a Thai motor dealer Thai's veiw BMW's as sporty, racy cars and Mercs for the Hi-so crowd, for example it's rare to see a woman in a BMW, but half the Benz drivers I have seen on the road are women.

But as also mentioned there is a new 3 series model going to arrive in Thailand early next year, it looks crap from what I have seen of it compared to the present 3 series , but no matter Thai Bimmer lovers will buy them and the resale value of an older model will drop. Also I cant speak for Benz but Bimmers do not hold their value as much as I thought they would. Mine lost 250,000 baht a year over the four years I had it. I won't buy another in Thailand, purely becuase of price and tax.

Thanks for the inputs !

When I wrote the first post in Feb. I was leaning most towards the Merc. 250 cdi, but now it is the BMW that has my attension.

There is quite a few of the new BMW 2010 model 2nd hand at around 2,3-2,5 mill for the top model - that is app half a mill down from new price so the first big loss is taken.

Still hasn't bought ,but it is closing in on the BMW - has to be diesel !

Sounds terrible that the stereo turns itself up and down when the noise increases.

Both cars are very nice and the torque (500 nm) of the Benz sounds almost too good to be true.

Hi

So did you buy one? i am looking to trade my E60 for the 320D, they gave me a new (only done 900KM)for me to test for 3 days, i must say that its a very dam_n good car, 180HP and easy to get to 215 HP, if you want.

Are you trading the E60 for the 320d ?

Is the 320d as good as they say ?

Any discounts on a new 320d ? thought I read another post where someone here on Tv was offered something like 2-300 K discount on a new

Hi

I am not sure yet if i wanna trade it in, i like the 320D but also like my E60 nice and big, we will see in a couple of months, BMW gave me an offer for trade in, not to bad an offer but think i might be able to get more if i sell private, i am not in a hurry and now i hear there might be a new 320D coming next year???

I had the 320D for 3 days, really nice car, the M sport package is just under 3 mill

Hi

I am not sure yet if i wanna trade it in, i like the 320D but also like my E60 nice and big, we will see in a couple of months, BMW gave me an offer for trade in, not to bad an offer but think i might be able to get more if i sell private, i am not in a hurry and now i hear there might be a new 320D coming next year???

I had the 320D for 3 days, really nice car, the M sport package is just under 3 mill

hmm, a new 520d is 3,25 mill in BKK if you accept fleetsale conditions, IOW only one year free service/maintance and must be purchased by your company. Looked up in racechip.de, and its like 220hp as I recall :P

Hi

Hi,

I have 320d M sport and fitted a piggy bag chip by 'Chip Express'. They claim 220 bhp with 450nm and it feels noticeably more powerful, especially in the low to mid range. It is also adjustable up to a claimed 240 bhp with 510nm. However I am happy with it as it is as the Traction Control light is easily activated by a heavy throttle in 1st and 2nd gears, also in 3rd in the damp. I can see already that rear tire wear will be my only downside! At the recommended setting there is no excessive smoke or soot on the rear of the (white) car.

50 mpg is easily acheived with tank range of 900 - 1,000kms in real world driving, incorporating Sukhumvit traffic and the highway spread approx. 50/50. Hopefully you find this information useful.

Cheers.

Hi

Hi,

I have 320d M sport and fitted a piggy bag chip by 'Chip Express'. They claim 220 bhp with 450nm and it feels noticeably more powerful, especially in the low to mid range. It is also adjustable up to a claimed 240 bhp with 510nm. However I am happy with it as it is as the Traction Control light is easily activated by a heavy throttle in 1st and 2nd gears, also in 3rd in the damp. I can see already that rear tire wear will be my only downside! At the recommended setting there is no excessive smoke or soot on the rear of the (white) car.

50 mpg is easily acheived with tank range of 900 - 1,000kms in real world driving, incorporating Sukhumvit traffic and the highway spread approx. 50/50. Hopefully you find this information useful.

That makes these new Fords look thirsty doesnt it.I got much the same as you with a basic 3.

Cheers.

Any discounts on a new 320d ? thought I read another post where someone here on Tv was offered something like 2-300 K discount on a new

Just bought a new 320d Sport this past week, I was given 200k off list and they paid the first year's insurance which my current company quoted at 45k I was happy with the deal and the car.

Just bought a new 320d Sport this past week, I was given 200k off list and they paid the first year's insurance which my current company quoted at 45k I was happy with the deal and the car.

At what dealer did you buy it from? That's a good discount!

yeah we were very happy with the deal.

Millennium Auto Ladprao Co., Ltd.

2222/9 Ladprao Rd., Soi Ladprao 112 Khet Wangthonglang, Bangkok 10310

yeah we were very happy with the deal.

Millennium Auto Ladprao Co., Ltd.

2222/9 Ladprao Rd., Soi Ladprao 112 Khet Wangthonglang, Bangkok 10310

Thanks for the info - I'm buying in Aug. (don't know if used or new yet) but the list price for the sport is 2,9 mill. as far as I remember - so you paid 2,7 mill. than ?

Thanks again

Thanks for the info - I'm buying in Aug. (don't know if used or new yet) but the list price for the sport is 2,9 mill. as far as I remember - so you paid 2,7 mill. than ?

Thanks again

The list is actually 2,999,000 and we paid 2,799,000 and they included the first years insurance..

I see Siamcanuck got the same deal.. and the same dealer.. so I am guessing that is not a very special price.. they told us they were trying to thin the invetory...

Edited by YellowFeverCAD

Thanks again

The list is actually 2,999,000 and we paid 2,799,000 and they included the first years insurance..

I see Siamcanuck got the same deal.. and the same dealer.. so I am guessing that is not a very special price.. they told us they were trying to thin the invetory...

as bmw keep sending me offers with 25% down and 48 months interest free, it is for a cash purchaser at least 220.000 baht in interest discount in a 320d

Thanks again

as bmw keep sending me offers with 25% down and 48 months interest free, it is for a cash purchaser at least 220.000 baht in interest discount in a 320d

Thanks for the info - I guess you live in Phuket (as I do) and it is Barcelone Phuket that send you these offers ?

I will chech them out as soon as I return home - not to forget the second hand ones should be possible to get a good deal there.