An Apostilled Copy Of Passport

Lobin

dlfang

Well you weren't alone. I followed this link and think I know what it is. Really do with a Lawyer explanation.

Here is the first paragraph.

Not to be confused with Apostle (messenger, esp. Christian); or an apostil, meaning a marginal note or gloss. The Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement for Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents, the Apostille convention or the Apostille treaty is an international treaty drafted by the Hague Conference on Private International Law. It specifies the modalities through which a document issued in one of the signatory countries can be certified for legal purposes in all the other signatory states. Such a certification is called an apostille (French: certification). It is an international certification comparable to a notarisation in domestic law.:(

dlfang

Well you weren't alone. I followed this link and think I know what it is. Really do with a Lawyer explanation.

Not to be confused with Apostle (messenger, esp. Christian); or an apostil, meaning a marginal note or gloss. The Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement for Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents, the Apostille convention or the Apostille treaty is an international treaty drafted by the Hague Conference on Private International Law. It specifies the modalities through which a document issued in one of the signatory countries can be certified for legal purposes in all the other signatory states. Such a certification is called an apostille (French: certification). It is an international certification comparable to a notarisation in domestic law.:(

How much would it cost me to get a Thai lawyer to translate all that into plain English and why would you need one?saai.gif

dlfang

How much would it cost me to get a Thai lawyer to translate all that into plain English and why would you need one?saai.gif

For a bank account in Panama

Thailand is not a signatory country of The Hague convention. no Thai notaries exist which have the power to affix an apostille. nearest places to notarise a document with an apostille are Hong Kong and Brunei.

Thailand is not a signatory country of The Hague convention. no Thai notaries exist which have the power to affix an apostille. nearest places to notarise a document with an apostille are Hong Kong and Brunei.

Thanks for the reply, when I contacted the people asking for it, they told me similar, I would never get one in Thailand. Not surprising as I have translated a document before and a notary here just signed and stamped it without reading the document.. Great here isn't it... TiT.. :)

So instead a certified copy from the CNX British Consulate will have to do..

Thanks for all replies

dlfang

Truth be known I don't need a translation. I am how ever curious and there are Lawyer's on TV. As to how much it would cost you, I have no idea.

For a bank account in Panama
oh dear... i will include you in my prayers :lol: please try and inform yourself before you make any decision! :ph34r:

No decision,s to be made .That could be one reason why anyone would want their passport Apostilled.