Looking To Buy A Desktop

gurnani

Hey,

I hope I get some help. I want to buy a desktop, not exactly of a company like Apple or HP or Dell, but something like assembled into all high tech stuff, the latest processor, RAM and ok kind of graphics. I have no idea though about where in Pantip or anywhere except Pantip I should buy it from.

please recommend some shop or place to buy it from. The shop should be reliable and not a cheat for sure.

Thank you.

Take a few weeks and do your homework - order the parts and build it yourself - trust me you can do it. It is harder to install windows then it is to build a PC. google is your friend - you will love yourself for doing this.

After always having noisy and large desktops I switched to laptop about 18 months ago. Was great in most respects but for my eyes the 14 inch screen just was not comfortable (at native 1466). Last week looked around Fortune and came home with a Lenovo B310 all in one desktop. So far noise is not an issue, Screen (touch) is great (1080-21.5") and quad processor with 4GB RAM with 64 bit Win7 are positive. Only negative is bluetooth mouse delay not to my liking so using USB mouse. This might not be a factor for those more accustomed to using fingers for control. Bluetooth keyboard has been fine.

For an office setting with need for upgrades and long term cost controls suspect the old box desktop still rules but for home use don't believe I will return to them. Processors/video and other equipment no longer require 500 watts of power and arctic cooling that they offer.

I have to admit that with all the modes and added cooling my game PC is a bit much - the system involves 8 fans in total - but i wear head phones almost all the time when using it anyway, so I really don't notice it. I can hear it runnng from the other room. Sounds like a vacuum cleaner.:lol:

Take a few weeks and do your homework - order the parts and build it yourself - trust me you can do it. It is harder to install windows then it is to build a PC. google is your friend - you will love yourself for doing this.

I have had two desktops built at TKCom in Panthip Plaza and am happy with TKCom and the computers. www.tkcom99.com

The second, for my wife, was built recently and when I inquired as to costs was asked 'What is your budget?' That surprised me. I got one for less than 14,000 (at TKCom) baht plus I had to buy a monitor (4,600TB) and some software (3000TB) from other stores. I would advise against getting a Dell (not much of a presence in Thailand)or an HP/Compaq (even though their service is excellent) because they are putting proprietary parts in them that can only be obtained from the manufacturer. TKCom invited me to watch the technician check it out and make sure everything worked.

They have a large variety of cases, motherboards, etc. If you like you can assemble it yourself but I doubt that there would be any savings.

zen

Thats a nice advice. I would check out tkcom for sure next time I land in pantip. I hope I get a good deal. 14K THB is a very decent price for the one you bought.

I however would like to ask a few questions:

1, Is it cool in thailand if I download windows and every software from torrent and install in my machine? I am planning to save a bit.

2. Did u get any warranty on ur machine/?

3. If ur machine gets a problem in say 6 months, do they give an onsite troubleshoot or do I have to carry it everytime?

The thing is, that I want to buy a budget deal and don't have much time to go for troubleshoot. I hope u recommended the best one

also, THANKS EVERYONE FOR REPLYING.

G

I have had two desktops built at TKCom in Panthip Plaza and am happy with TKCom and the computers. www.tkcom99.com

The second, for my wife, was built recently and when I inquired as to costs was asked 'What is your budget?' That surprised me. I got one for less than 14,000 (at TKCom) baht plus I had to buy a monitor (4,600TB) and some software (3000TB) from other stores. I would advise against getting a Dell (not much of a presence in Thailand)or an HP/Compaq (even though their service is excellent) because they are putting proprietary parts in them that can only be obtained from the manufacturer. TKCom invited me to watch the technician check it out and make sure everything worked.

They have a large variety of cases, motherboards, etc. If you like you can assemble it yourself but I doubt that there would be any savings.

zen

zen

This is very interesting to me. Thanks for sharing.

It appears your experience with TKCom has been good for you and your wife's desktops. It's awesome that they will assemble everything for you (and even let you watch them do a check on it!)

I checked out their menu.

http://www.tkcom99.com/pricelist.php

It really looks like they offer a great selection!

If you remember, where did you get your monitor? I would like to get a large screen LCD if possible.

I've never been to Pantrip Plaze (PP) before. I'm moving to Bangkok effective April 1st, so i need to buy a completely new computer system.

Stupid question, but is there a reliable place you know of in PP that sells a quality lazer printer as well as a decent sound system speakers?

Thanks for your help! :clap2:

I've never been to Pantrip Plaze (PP) before. I'm moving to Bangkok effective April 1st, so i need to buy a completely new computer system.

Stupid question, but is there a reliable place you know of in PP that sells a quality lazer printer as well as a decent sound system speakers?

Pantip can be a little frenetic for a first timer (Sir want naughty DVD??), also have a look in Fortune Town (at Pha-Ram 9 metro station), smaller but less mad :)

Both have the big names as well as a multitude of small outlets sell pretty much anything mainstream PC.