Blocking Of Torrents

seaeagle

Wife heard on the news today that Thailand is (yet again) talking about blocking download torrents.

Seem to recall some people having isolated problems with downloads around the country before Christmas.

Anyone else heard of this news today, got some more news, or even having download problems?

Uh oh!!!

Mark your calenders, is this Black Friday?

Maybe this has something to do with the more recent country host of demonoid, .me? Meaning Montenegro as in Thaksinegro ...

On the other hand, only getting unable to connect messages. No scary government block webpage or anything like that.

Edited by Jingthing

Fine in Ratchaburi. TOT.

I had an un usual occurance

Began downloading the pilot episode of Hawaii 5 O and it

was ripping at 350KB/sec for about 3 minutes and then

went off. There were some 15 peers and they all shut off.

That sure looks like a block to me.

This morning it still had not recovered.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

A Thai bit torrent tracker was banned yesterday for providing torrents to x-rated material (so they say). Since the news broke, many Thai trackers have suspended their services, at least temporarily. This is the latest I've heard.

All of the Thai trackers I use are still on-line, up and running. However they have removed all pron (real Thai pron is actually quite funny, just like Lakorn but with sxe).

Also no BT issues with TOT, CSLOxinfo or True. Demonoid seems fine, my ratio --> Ratio: 3,164,700,672.00 (Updated once a day) :)

I followed up a bit on this topic...it seems like the RTP started with street level DVD purveyors, selling pron DVDs then traced it back to offices occupied by torrentmove, initiating the tracker shutdown. So not really any internet/torrent "censorship" issue. Again, all my Thai trackers ae working fine, I did not notice any outages but then I use seedboxes so do not see blips. Appears to be a non-issue.

• 11 years later...

my torrent i d/l from iptorrents have all come up with a red arrow and are not d/l
my provider is AIS. 
i pay for unlimited internet.
i use my android phone as a modem.
why is this happening?

40 minutes ago, wombat said:

my torrent i d/l from iptorrents have all come up with a red arrow and are not d/l
my provider is AIS. 
i pay for unlimited internet.
i use my android phone as a modem.
why is this happening?

Do you realise that you are responding in a topic that hasn't seen any new posts for the past 11 years?

Things have changed slightly since then.

I suggest that you start a new topic as the information contained within this topic is dated.

:mfr_closed1: