Going In The Tradesman Entrance.

Richb2004v2

But what if the front access is blocked?

Some people may not like to use the front access if it is "under renovation", for example. This makes the tradesman entrance a handy alternative.

Personally, I think I'd rather take matters in hand and deal with it myself.

I prefer not to go in through the out door. I've never been an outdoors sort of chap.

SC

Some people may not like to use the front access if it is "under renovation", for example. This makes the tradesman entrance a handy alternative.

I prefer not to go in through the out door. I've never been an outdoors sort of chap.

SC

I see your point.

Although clearing the store room first might make it a more pleasurable option.

SC

I see your point.

Although clearing the store room first might make it a more pleasurable option.

I've always thought if you're going to go round the back you might as well just pop round to your mates', and that doesn't seem right to me.

JT will give me a hard time over that, no doubt.

In a cryptic, bizarre and confusing change of context, the place where I live is on the road to a Sultan's back way in, and there is a huge amount of work going on to expand it. But sadly, nothing to help us, and we still have to go in the wrong way, which, as you say, is potentially hazardous - no, it is definitely hazardous, and potentially tragic.

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

It'll be a bloody good mate who lets you use his tradesman's entrance.

But like you say, it would just feel oh so wrong.

A good mate or a bad mate, but I think it would be the same (Speculation!); in my view, that's why God made flowers rather than tradesmens' smell of roses

SC

Some years ago I went to a world expo in Brisbane which turned out to be quite spectacular. There were, however, some long queues waiting to get into some of the exhibitions. I particularly remember walking in backwards through the exit of the French pavillion & no one stopped me.

Some years ago I went to a world expo in Brisbane which turned out to be quite spectacular. There were, however, some long queues waiting to get into some of the exhibitions. I particularly remember walking in backwards through the exit of the French pavillion & no one stopped me.

I knew that moonwalk would come in handy someday. Good move

I think this thread has just forked (if you'll pardon the expression).

(I've got to get in on this before it's possibly closed!)

I used to work in Bangkok for a toffee and fudge making company as delivery driver with a large truck.

I tell you I've come across quite a number of really tight tradesman's entrances that were hard to enter to deliver my hot sticky load.

Another thing about back doors that can be off-putting to some is they are usually so dark.

Invariably there's no welcome mat either.

I think I might have to disagree with this. Many of the back doors that I've encountered have quite fibrous welcome mats which tend to prevent an easy entry.

This being Thaivisa you will now probably get a few negative posts from guys complaining about how annoying it is to have people like you lot banging on their backdoors at all hours of the day & night.

Then others complaining about the health and safety aspect of allowing large loads to be deposited out of site without first checking the quality of the goods.

This being Thaivisa you will now probably get a few negative posts from guys complaining about how annoying it is to have people like you lot banging on their backdoors at all hours of the day & night.

I don't blame them. I'd hate to have someone banging on my back door all night long. There's a time and place for everything.

Did you actually pack the fudge or did you just deliver it?

I was informed by the boss that I was the best fudge packer he'd ever had. And he'd had a lot.

Previously I'd worked for a wholesale butcher in their warehouse but quite a few of the other members of staff packed a lot more meat than me which made me lose confidence so I left.

Fortunately I found my forte in the toffee and fudge company. It's quite easy packing fudge really. You just take a firm grip of the package and jam in it as far and as tight as it will go.

Another thing about back doors that can be off-putting to some is they are usually so dark.

And some haven't been cleaned in quite a while.

Did you actually pack the fudge or did you just deliver it?

I was informed by the boss that I was the best fudge packer he'd ever had. And he'd had a lot.

Previously I'd worked for a wholesale butcher in their warehouse but quite a few of the other members of staff packed a lot more meat than me which made me lose confidence so I left.

Fortunately I found my forte in the toffee and fudge company. It's quite easy packing fudge really. You just take a firm grip of the package and jam in it as far and as tight as it will go.

And some haven't been cleaned in quite a while.

I give in. You win :lol::cheesy:

As a double entendre aside I was once having a family meal round my inlaws and my sister-in-law was talking to me and bemoaning the fact that kids today want it all as her son had asked for a Playstation 3 for his birthday.

" When I was young I just used to play with myself " she said.

Cue bray of laughter from me, bemused look from her and an " That's about your level " exasperated but tolerating look from my wife.

Edited by mca