How To Get Put On My Friends House Registration For Yellow Book

HI there i would like some info on getting a yellow book ie getting registered on my thai friends house registration. I have been told to go to the british embassy and get my passport translated on to some sort of form and then going to a thai goverment office in bangkok to register it and then going to the local office in hua hin to get it issued ! confusing ! any ideas ?

I suspect it would involve having your passport copy/translation certified at the Embassy and registered at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to make it a legal document. Basically the same process used for registration of a foreign marriage.

Yer thanks for that lopburi i got told some thing like that but did not understand what i needed to get translated from my passport and what office i needed to got to in bangkok so basicly its get a copy of my passport certified at the embassy and then get it translated and notarized into thai and then take it to the ministry of foreign affairs. Do i need to take proof of where i live with me or not ?

I have never obtained a yellow book as have had no need for it. My DL is of the lifetime variety and actually don't bother driving anyhow. Believe what I posted is likely the process for what your office wants from what you wrote. Always good to have proof of address of some type but don't believe it will be required for registration service. When you apply for the yellow book am sure blue book holder will have to assist you.

my lao wife me (non thai) and our children (non thai) had to translate ...certify...and mofa stamped our passports to get our house registration....no mentioning of birth certificate never heard that one before.

hgma

I am in the same situation, and the Prakhanong district officr asks for a translation of my birth certificate in addition to the translation of the passport. Has anybody ever heard of this?

Different amphurs seem to have different requirements. Always inform at your local amphur what they want is the only advice one can give regarding required documents.

I believe there must be a law or decreee about this. The amphurs that make up the rules just don't know about it. If we could find a copy, that would help.Alas, I wou;dn't know where to start searching.