Who'S Name Goes In The House Book?

I have a 30 year lease on property in my tgf's name. She has now included the domestic help in the housebook (although I cannot get my name in there). Is this a concern?? She tells me that it does not matter who is in the housebook...they just need an address for stuff. Any thoughts on this????

It was a kind action to allow the help to come in. I agree with your wife, should be no problems.

IF the help ever run into the trouble with the police, then they will come and ask at your place, that's all. It means no responsibility

You have a kind girlfriend and one who also knows what the tabien baan actually is. Take good care of her :)

Edited by MikeyIdea

You could easily have your name in your OWN Yellow House book. Plenty of posts on this process. Thai people who need to access many Government services, such as free medical care, need to be in the blue house book of the hospital area they wish to access services is my understanding. If you have your own Yellow House book you will no longer have the expense and/or hassle of obtaining "proof of residence" papers from your embassy, consulate or Thailand Immigration office when you transact some dealings in Thailand, such as vehicle purchase, vehicle registration, drivers license application.