Teaching English Here In Chiang Mai

kevbap

Scorecard, I can't blame you for not naming the engineering company, but you could at least name your company--It just might show that you have the authority to hire someone, or better yet, run an ad in a Help Wanted section. I would be very careful, who obtained a copy of my personal information. I typed "Lampung" into Google, and the first thing to come up was "did you mean Lampang"?

By the way, can I have proof that you have been authorised to ask me whether I have been authorised to ......

Perhaps you'd like to challenge every person who posts on TV whether they have been given an appropriate authority.

And to set an example can we now expect that all of your future posts will state who has given you the authority to comment, etc.

Enough said.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter taught here in Chiang Mai, in 2009/10, at a well known and respected school. She did a TEFL course,here in CM, but had no degree, a fact she didn't try to hide.On successful completion of her course she had a job within one week. The school accepted her and organised her work permit . Her salary was 23,000 b per mth but teaching hours were minimal and she was allowed to leave the school when not required. The schools realise they are not going to get a person with a "real degree" for that sort of salary so obviously a deal has been struck with the Education hierachy.Its a "supply and demand" situation. Many younger people come here and see it as a "working holiday" situation. Not ideal but then neither is the Thai education system. Her classes mostly had 50 young children, some with obvious learning difficulties and on going health problems. This is Thailand ,you have the money to send your kids to International schools they will probably be successful in life, for the others its a very ,very basic education with litle chance of acquiring skills required in todays world.

And you think that only in Thailand do the wealthy send their children to good schools to get a head start in life?? Wondering why your daughter did not have a very, very basic degree even??