Buying A Motorbike In Phuket

Madivad

I hear there is somewhere on Koh Phuket where bikes are auctioned off, maybe repos, or whatever. But I haven't been able to find it. I hear they don't like farang there but that's fine, I have someone that can go for me. But can anyone tell me where it is?

I originally posted this question in the bike forum, but it's not being seen and figured that a posting in a Phuket specific forum would possibly provide better result, and would benefit people in this thread more than a generic one for all of Thailand (as in the bike forum - if anyone knows how I can delete that thread, I would be happy since I don't want to get in trouble for cross posting...

Anyway, I hope someone can help me out here. Thanks

Ive heard that Chalong police station occasionally has auctions but they only let everyone know after the event has happened. I have also heard of one in Phuket town but am yet to find it, this may be a rumor only though.

I figure that any repo bikes would be just put out the front of the dealerships again and maybe not auctioned

I'm looking for an ancient post of mine where I explain where the repo/used/abandoned motorbike place is.

If I can find it I'll post it.

I went there with a friend post-Tsunami to replace her bike that was a wash.

enter these coordinates into google maps and this is the building where we got the cheep bike. 7.909197, 98.377053

Don't know if they still do business there or not but worth checking it out.

I'm looking for an ancient post of mine where I explain where the repo/used/abandoned motorbike place is.

enter these coordinates into google maps and this is the building where we got the cheep bike. 7.909197, 98.377053

Might be this one

Repos bike sales are almost non existent in Phuket , as most are dealer financed and the dealers want to sell the repos themselves

Police and customs/revenue department(big bikes) exists. Be aware police and customs employees prefere to keep the public out of these, as they want to buy themselves

manual gear/auto clutch bikes can be bought really cheap from rentalcompanies, as they are close to impossible to rent out any more

Might be this one http://www.thaivisa...._1#entry1345096

yes that was the post

:offtopic2: I tried to do a search on the forum and came up empty, is there a way to search just your posts? (posts, boards and topics that you have participated in and not all the others?)

Edited by ozymandious

yes that was the post

:offtopic2: I tried to do a search on the forum and came up empty, is there a way to search just your posts? (posts, boards and topics that you have participated in and not all the others?)

Go into your profile (click on your member name) and select the 'find my content' option on th left side.