Uk Settlement Waiting 2011

Congratulations <Storeman>.

When my wife recently arrived at LHR with her Spouse visa she was just stamped-in to UK by a smiling official - no questioning at all. But she was prepared and briefed just in case. :)

Good luck.

Edited by Contractor

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news Storeman, congratulations.

But 11 weeks!!! Its going up all the time. We're only 5 weeks in as of tomorrow and I've already ran out out of nails to bite and hair to pull out :crazy:

SL.

Congrats Storeman

we are still waiting and applied before the recent sucesses. I am still waiting for my step daughters...since 5th april. applied 1 week before storeman!!!! don't know what is going on. think i will email VFS again to find out if there is a problem and also bangkok ambassy visa enquiries and see if i can help...altho doubtful they will respond helpfully...going on for 55 days now and hope that they meet their 60 day mid target. looking on guide to processing visa times on ukba website in april they met all decisions within 60 days so i hope they do for these ones. yes it seems that the process is taking longer and longer nowadays. 5 weeks is nothing mate compared to all others...anything else before that is a bonus.

Well done storeman

When we arrived in Heathrow we went straight through the special needs channel as my wife is pregnant.

No queues no questions just joking with the Border Agency guy about his shift dragging.

We expected something but I think as we went together and my name is on her Visa then thats fine.

Can someone still on the list please update it so people can see a quick reference to waiting times.

now going into our 7th week, looks like it will be 10 weeks or more before we will hear,, finding it hard being apart as i am in U.K and the wife in Thailand, i only have 7 days holiday left too so cant really go out there as need keep some holidays foir when she here,, just have to wait and hope get good news soon like the rest of you who still waiting

now going into our 7th week, looks like it will be 10 weeks or more before we will hear,, finding it hard being apart as i am in U.K and the wife in Thailand, i only have 7 days holiday left too so cant really go out there as need keep some holidays foir when she here,, just have to wait and hope get good news soon like the rest of you who still waiting

I hear you pain brother, I'm in the same boat, it has been 5 weeks and 5 days now, so hard when your love is 5,000 miles away, and we just have to sit and wait, still all good this come to those who wait. :whistling::rolleyes:

Alan Day

Hiya all, that's me in the UK and just about sorted everythingback here, on this very rainy but warm day.

Thank you all for your congratulations, I wanted to say that Manchester airport was fine, the immigration took it as normal that I was going through with my wife in the foreign passport queue, the immigration man was a little chatty, he asked my wife where we met, what is your (her) name, what is your husband's name, as my name is on her visa / passport, he did not ask to see any documents but we had all my wife's personal document in out hand luggage, and as for customs, there were none, unlike Glasgow.

I have sat with a calander from

http://calendarprintables.net/yearly-printable-2011-calendar-hbw1.htm

And updated all the waiting times as it was such a help to me for the last month of my 11 weeks in Thailand.

I just copied it all to word, changed it and I hope it will help the rest, as it helped me.

Thank you all again for all the help, it was a very long time for us.

Waiting times on the 06 /07 / 2011

shadyacres29, 7th March - 1st April = 3 weeks and 5days, successful

tigerjohn 15th March -26th May = 10 weeks and 3days, successful

englishinsiam, 28th March - 12thMay = 6 weeks and 4days, successful (expeditedon compassionate grounds)

contractor, 31st March - 1st June = 8 weeksand 6days, successful

neilo, 5th April -9th June = 9weeks and 2days, successful

samcled, 5th April - 14thJune = 10 weeksand 0days, successful

thaiscouse, 7th April - 22ndJune = 10 weeks and 6days, successful

lingyaiyai, 11th April - 24th June = 10 weeksand 4days, successful

storeman, 12th April- 27 June = 10 weeks and 5 days, successful

space1999, 5th April = 12 weeks and 6 days

brynpugh, 7th April = 12 weeks and 4 day

leafmould, 11th May = 7 weeks and 6 days

farrangkeenok, 17th May = 7 weeks and 0 days

jasonr3255, 20th May = 6 weeks and 4 days

stabbo-lad, 25th May = 5 weeks and 6 days

aland2012, 26th May = 5 weeks and 5 day

all4one, 27th May = 5weeks and 4 days

chronos, 27th May = 5 weeks and 4 days

brumdave, 9th June = 3 weeks and 5 days

Edited by Storeman

WEll folks

Just heard this morning after being told that my stepdaughters passport and doc were ready to be picked up - 5th july, that my step daughters visa application was successful. Fantastic, that means this is just before the 60 working day mark. Personally, counting the weeks as the list on here has I have found is misleading as I do when VFS say 12 wks. We should concentrate on actual working days and not weeks.

Thanks for the support over the last..12 weeks.

We are so pleased and I am so lookin forward to my wife coming back and with her daughter in toe. Looking forward to some real food at last as being alone at home since i returned from LOS, I have been living off of cereal and baked beans on toast most days LOL witht the odd attempt to amke Khoa Pad Moo. Cooking for yourself though is tough though...that reminds me I need to eat.

good luck to all the rest waiting.....and rememebr that if you have had good preperation then there should hopefully be nothing to worry about

right now is the busiest time of the year for applications and if you look at General visit applications on VFS website and UKBA then you can see why it takes longer. Although it has been VERY frustrating for the waiting times they have fallen well within their 90 day maximum target. however, I beleive that it would be better for all concerned if the VFS improved their Tracking Applications system. Rather than just having it say...has been dispatched to British Embassy...for applicants top be periodally updated with interim statements like...in the queue and you are number 10 or something so at least you have some psychological feel good factor that you are nearer to the ECO's..if you get what i mean. This would also stop us as customes from geting so angry with the uselessness of what is the middleman...VFS.

Good luck to all still waiting

Waiting times on the 06 / 07 / 2011

shadyacres29, 7th March - 1st April = 3 weeks and 5 days, successful

tigerjohn 15th March - 26th May = 10 weeks and 3 days, successful

englishinsiam, 28th March - 12thMay = 6 weeks and 4days, successful (expeditedon compassionate grounds)

contractor, 31st March - 1st June = 8 weeks and 6 days, successful

neilo, 5th April -9th June = 9 weeks and 2 days, successful

samcled, 5th April - 14thJune = 10 weeks and 0 days, successful

thaiscouse, 7th April - 22ndJune = 10 weeks and 6 days, successful

lingyaiyai, 11th April - 24th June = 10 weeks and 4 days, successful

storeman, 12th April - 27 June = 10 weeks and 5 days, successful

space1999, 5th April - 5th July = 12 weeks and 6 days, successful

brynpugh, 7th April = 12 weeks and 4 days,

leafmould, 11th May = 7 weeks and 6 days,

farrangkeenok, 17th May = 7 weeks and 0 days,

jasonr3255, 20th May = 6 weeks and 4 days,

stabbo-lad,25th May = 5 weeks and 6 days,

aland2012, 26th May = 5 weeks and 5 days,

all4one, 27th May = 5weeks and 4 days,

chronos, 27th May = 5 weeks and 4 days,

brumdave, 9th June = 3 weeks and 5 days,

Edited by Storeman

WEll folks

Just heard this morning after being told that my stepdaughters passport and doc were ready to be picked up - 5th july, that my step daughters visa application was successful. Fantastic, that means this is just before the 60 working day mark. Personally, counting the weeks as the list on here has I have found is misleading as I do when VFS say 12 wks. We should concentrate on actual working days and not weeks.

Thanks for the support over the last..12 weeks.

We are so pleased and I am so lookin forward to my wife coming back and with her daughter in toe. Looking forward to some real food at last as being alone at home since i returned from LOS, I have been living off of cereal and baked beans on toast most days LOL witht the odd attempt to amke Khoa Pad Moo. Cooking for yourself though is tough though...that reminds me I need to eat.

good luck to all the rest waiting.....and rememebr that if you have had good preperation then there should hopefully be nothing to worry about

right now is the busiest time of the year for applications and if you look at General visit applications on VFS website and UKBA then you can see why it takes longer. Although it has been VERY frustrating for the waiting times they have fallen well within their 90 day maximum target. however, I beleive that it would be better for all concerned if the VFS improved their Tracking Applications system. Rather than just having it say...has been dispatched to British Embassy...for applicants top be periodally updated with interim statements like...in the queue and you are number 10 or something so at least you have some psychological feel good factor that you are nearer to the ECO's..if you get what i mean. This would also stop us as customes from geting so angry with the uselessness of what is the middleman...VFS.

Good luck to all still waiting

Congrats Space1999 glad you finally got an answer after waiting so long. I too got an answer this morning, only problem is it was the opposite of yours...the wife is in bits as she just come home after being in Thailand for 4months. Anyway all the best with the "new" addition to your family

Thanks for the congrats guys

brypugh = sorry to hear this devastating news for you. Can I ask what were the reasons for refusal? iff was a child settlement i am guessing it was sole responsibility? they are gettign so strict with this now and is hard to prove the more complicated the scenario.

I have been using Thai-uk forum - hope I can post this...there are some excellent members on there too - just google it and join up. some mebers are ex ECo's and have Thai wives etc. some are immigration experts. they might be able to give suggestions with regards to your appeal which I assume you are considering. Seriously goo forum mate.

my online name there is p530err

cheers

rob

brypugh = sorry to hear this devastating news for you. Can I ask what were the reasons for refusal? iff was a child settlement i am guessing it was sole responsibility? they are gettign so strict with this now and is hard to prove the more complicated the scenario.

I have been using Thai-uk forum - hope I can post this...there are some excellent members on there too - just google it and join up. some mebers are ex ECo's and have Thai wives etc. some are immigration experts. they might be able to give suggestions with regards to your appeal which I assume you are considering. Seriously goo forum mate.

cheers

rob

congratz space, long nervous wait but worth it in the end, still a while to go for me by sound of it 7 weesk 2 days now waiting,, anyway good luck to you and your family, well done

cheers

rob

Alrite Rob, Yeah you guessed right, got the notice this morning and it seems the interview with the grandmother got confused and the decision was based on the call. With regards to the appeal a year wait doesnt help the situation my wife and 2yr old are in at the moment, its more the hurt a little 5yr old has to go through again just after her mum and step sister visited for 4months(we thought long enough for them all to come back together) Even the agent(ex ECO n immigration officer) we used cant understand the result but heyho its been made and we have to accept the decision. All the best to you, your wife n child

Daryl

cheers

rob

Alrite Rob, Yeah you guessed right, got the notice this morning and it seems the interview with the grandmother got confused and the decision was based on the call. With regards to the appeal a year wait doesnt help the situation my wife and 2yr old are in at the moment, its more the hurt a little 5yr old has to go through again just after her mum and step sister visited for 4months(we thought long enough for them all to come back together) Even the agent(ex ECO n immigration officer) we used cant understand the result but heyho its been made and we have to accept the decision. All the best to you, your wife n child

Daryl

sorry to hear your news mate,, dont give up an appeal may not take a year, best to check it out first, im sure i read on some forums that some appeals only take weeks, chin up mate

cheers

rob

Daryl

sorry to hear your news mate,, dont give up an appeal may not take a year, best to check it out first, im sure i read on some forums that some appeals only take weeks, chin up mate

i wouldnt give up just yet pal, if you used an agent then im sure they are there to guide you through the appeal and if it was just confusion at the interview with grandmother im sure it can be sorted, before my 2 stepsons grandmother got interview my wife asked her question upon question for a few week beforehand and made sure she knew exactly what to say?, good luck pal im sure it will work out

got the notice this morning and it seems the interview with the grandmother got confused and the decision was based on the call.

Sorry to hear this.

If you want some specific advice on dealing with this refusal, may I suggest that you start a new topic and provide a copy of the refusal notice in full; deleting any names or other identifying features.

Brynpugh

As far as I understand, when you make an appeal the case intially goes to the Entry Clearance Manager ECM who gives it to another ECO usually as a fresh pair of eyes. this person reviews the case to decide if the first ECO's decision should be upheld or overturned - based on the evidence in front of them at the time. If overturned, the visa is granted after 4 weeks I beleiove. If not, then it goes forward to the appeal...so don't give up hope mate. And remeber that when you put the appeal in for the ECm review and then possibly the appeal panel, you only have 28 days to put the appeal in from the date on the refusal letter you have. Make sure you make a solid case against the refusal points in the letter. I don't know - maybe something like the grandmother was confused about what was being asked....you need to get advice about this.

I also would advise that you do post the refusal letter on the forum and maybe also the forum I mention above. Take out personal details though before you post them

don't give up hope mate. you won't be the first to have to go through what you and the missus ae going through,,,and you certainly won't be the last. I am sure you are both going through a tough time at present and I am gutted for you both, Now is the time though to fight...as the Thai's say Zu Zu and be strong.

Wishing you all the best

PS - Ti would also be a VERY good idea to post the transcript between ECO and the Grandmother. If you don't have this you should be able to get this by emailing the embassy [email protected]

In writing, addressed to the Visa Manager, The British Embassy, 14 Wireless Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok, 10330.

By email, addressed to the Visa Manager at the address below: [email protected]

http://ukinthailand....iting-uk/visas/

cheers

Rob

Edited by 7by7
Personal details of embassy staff member removed.

Brynpugh

As far as I understand, when you make an appeal the case intially goes to the Entry Clearance Manager ECM who gives it to another ECO usually as a fresh pair of eyes. this person reviews the case to decide if the first ECO's decision should be upheld or overturned - based on the evidence in front of them at the time. If overturned, the visa is granted after 4 weeks I beleiove. If not, then it goes forward to the appeal...so don't give up hope mate. And remeber that when you put the appeal in for the ECm review and then possibly the appeal panel, you only have 28 days to put the appeal in from the date on the refusal letter you have. Make sure you make a solid case against the refusal points in the letter. I don't know - maybe something like the grandmother was confused about what was being asked....you need to get advice about this.

I also would advise that you do post the refusal letter on the forum and maybe also the forum I mention above. Take out personal details though before you post them

don't give up hope mate. you won't be the first to have to go through what you and the missus ae going through,,,and you certainly won't be the last. I am sure you are both going through a tough time at present and I am gutted for you both, Now is the time though to fight...as the Thai's say Zu Zu and be strong.

Wishing you all the best

PS - Ti would also be a VERY good idea to post the transcript between ECO and the Grandmother. If you don't have this you should be able to get this by emailing the embassy [email protected]

In writing, addressed to the Visa Manager, The British Embassy, 14 Wireless Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok, 10330.

cheers

Rob

Rob, you are basically right about the ECM review. I did post a long explanation of how the ECM review works a while back. According to recent information from the Embassy in Bangkok, the ECM review should now be carried out in around 10 days, rather than the 16 weeks it was taking a while back. As there appears to be no fixed timeframe for carrying out the review, other than it must be done before the appeal is sent to UK to be heard ( that timeframe is, I believe, still 16 weeks), you will not receive any definite information on how long it will take. Although there is guidance about ECM reviews which staes that the review must be carried out it is well known that some visa sections do not do any ECM review at all, and the papers are merely sent to the appeal in the UK with a note that states something along the lines of " the ECM review was not carried out due to pressure of work at post ". This is totally against the Entry Clearance Guidance. I, and other agents in pattaya, have had a personal assurance form the Embassy in Bangkok that all appealable decisions receive an ECM review before being sent to UK. I have no reason to doubt this assurance. So, as long as Brynpugh appeals within 28 days, the case will be reviewed by an ECM ( or senior ECO ).

Brynpugh can ask for a copy of the transcript of the phone call made by the Embassy. He will need to see this before submitting an appeal as it may contain relevant information.

Rob, with respect, it is wrong to name any member of the Embassy staff on the forum. 7x7 may well delete this, and will almost certainly recieve a request from Embassy to do so.

Brynpugh, you say that you used an agent. If your agent is OISC level 3 registered, then they will certainly be able to assist with the appeal. If not, then please feel free to contact us. We are not OISC registered, but we do have some experience. We can certainly look through your refusal notice and other documents, and give you some advice. Our details are on our website.

Edited by 7by7
Personal details of embassy staff member removed from quote.

Rob, with respect, it is wrong to name any member of the Embassy staff on the forum. 7x7 may well delete this, and will almost certainly recieve a request from Embassy to do so.

Indeed. Please only name embassy staff if they are named on the embassy or UKBA website or otherwise in the public domain.

With respect, a reminder to all that this is a topic about waiting times. If any member wants advice on, or to discuss, a specific refusal or other case will they please start a new topic.

Two reasons for this:-

1) It stops this topic wandering all over the place.

2) More importantly for the individual concerned, it is more likely that those who can help you will see it in a new topic and so be able to advise. We have members who are ex ECOs plus two well respected immigration professionals here, but they don't always check this topic.

Indeed. Please only name embassy staff if they are named on the embassy or UKBA website or otherwise in the public domain.

With respect, a reminder to all that this is a topic about waiting times. If any member wants advice on, or to discuss, a specific refusal or other case will they please start a new topic.

2) More importantly for the individual concerned, it is more likely that those who can help you will see it in a new topic and so be able to advise. We have members who are ex ECOs plus two well respected immigration professionals here, but they don't always check this topic.

7by7 - apologies. however, the ECO's name and even photo was recently on one of the websites so it cannot be that much of a secret. I find it strange that they should be able to be anonymous anyway. That's the end of my six penieth on that.

7by7 - apologies. however, the ECO's name and even photo was recently on one of the websites so it cannot be that much of a secret. I find it strange that they should be able to be anonymous anyway. That's the end of my six penieth on that.

It was on another forum, and it was removed at the request of the British Embassy.

Brynpugh

Wishing you all the best

cheers

Rob

Rob, you are basically right about the ECM review. I did post a long explanation of how the ECM review works a while back. According to recent information from the Embassy in Bangkok, the ECM review should now be carried out in around 10 days, rather than the 16 weeks it was taking a while back. As there appears to be no fixed timeframe for carrying out the review, other than it must be done before the appeal is sent to UK to be heard ( that timeframe is, I believe, still 16 weeks), you will not receive any definite information on how long it will take. Although there is guidance about ECM reviews which staes that the review must be carried out it is well known that some visa sections do not do any ECM review at all, and the papers are merely sent to the appeal in the UK with a note that states something along the lines of " the ECM review was not carried out due to pressure of work at post ". This is totally against the Entry Clearance Guidance. I, and other agents in pattaya, have had a personal assurance form the Embassy in Bangkok that all appealable decisions receive an ECM review before being sent to UK. I have no reason to doubt this assurance. So, as long as Brynpugh appeals within 28 days, the case will be reviewed by an ECM ( or senior ECO ).

Brynpugh can ask for a copy of the transcript of the phone call made by the Embassy. He will need to see this before submitting an appeal as it may contain relevant information.

Brynpugh, you say that you used an agent. If your agent is OISC level 3 registered, then they will certainly be able to assist with the appeal. If not, then please feel free to contact us. We are not OISC registered, but we do have some experience. We can certainly look through your refusal notice and other documents, and give you some advice. Our details are on our website.

Hello one thing I will say is I am OISC registered but recently I contacted two level 3 advisers to act for my clients. As I spend the majority of my time here in Thailand I see little point in being a level 3 adviser & to be honest I may not even bother to renew it next year.

• On the 3 appeals I prepared for the clients the level 3 advisers did not exactly come across with much confidence of winning an appeal.
  • So I prepared them & submitted them to the UK/BA in Bangkok myself on behalf of the clients.
  • Two of them with the further documents got the original decision over turned at the review.
  • One went to a full appeal in the UK & they won also.

You can draw your own conclusions on this most people are more than capable of submitting an appeal & getting a decision over turned.

Edited by ThaiVisaExpress

Brynpugh

Wishing you all the best

cheers

Rob

Hello one thing I will say is I am OISC registered but recently I contacted two level 3 advisers to act for my clients. As I spend the majority of my time here in Thailand I see little point in being a level 3 adviser & to be honest I may not even bother to renew it next year.

• On the 3 appeals I prepared for the clients the level 3 advisers did not exactly come across with much confidence of winning an appeal.
  • So I prepared them & submitted them to the UK/BA in Bangkok myself on behalf of the clients.
  • Two of them with the further documents got the original decision over turned at the review.
  • One went to a full appeal in the UK & they won also.

You can draw your own conclusions on this most people are more than capable of submitting an appeal & getting a decision over turned.

Well said, Paul.

well that the Lass's visa ready for pick up today :huh: shitting myself now , but will know when she collects it in a few hours , she hasnt recived any calls from embassy over the past 7 weeks so fingers crossed . maybe my son and lass will be here within a few weeks :jap:

h

well that the Lass's visa ready for pick up today :huh: shitting myself now , but will know when she collects it in a few hours , she hasnt recived any calls from embassy over the past 7 weeks so fingers crossed . maybe my son and lass will be here within a few weeks :jap:

hope it good news farangkeenok, yim, maybe not long for us too we put our application in 2 days after you,, let us know result mate, fingers crossed for u