Pattaya Police Arrest 2 Frenchmen For Multi Million Baht ATM Fraud

webfact

THERE IS A NEW ONE

Have to tell that some has copied my creditcard out here, and then emtied my account for all what we have - 182.400 Bath in total - so now Lin and I have to find some way to sell bottles and plastics.

But we try to keep smiling. Was in our bank yeasterday, and all the other banks where the burglars have used the card and after that 3 hours at the police. They made reports and they tell it will take some time before they have check out all the CTV on different places. No insurances, no return from Visa only to wait and hope they cats the burglars and then that they still have some of the money.

If it is a credit card, how can it "empty" your account? If someone made and unauthorised charge of thb182,400 then you don't pay it and tell the bank that it is unauthorised and let them sort it out, no? Also, you refer to a Thai c/card and Thai bank? Care to elaborate please.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In thailand I only ever use a debit card with a minimal amount in for day to day expenses.

I trasfer money from my savings account online into the card account on an as needs basis.

The worst i could get hit is probably only 500 dollars.

Sensible precautions need to be taken when using ATMS in Thailand.

Actually, it does make a difference. Look no further than the country we're talking about that all this originated with. People come here and they think mai pen rai, mai pen rai, sabai sabai etc. The point is, we're not always on our best behavior in a host country, actually often times we're not. If you need another example look at the history of military occupations for a reference on things we get away with outside of home, maybe start with Japan's occupation of S. Korea and China, not to mention loads of examples in Europe as well and elsewhere for things we wouldn't likely do at home.

If these guy's could only live back home in "place-x," they'd likely be better behaved. Instead they're transients, Arabic names, French passports. This is the new multi-culture at its finest. And, hey, I'll be the first to admit. Living here in this wonderful host country, I haven't always been the model human being either. These guys are well past that. I feel sorry for them, but punishment is in order.

Can I just be a pedantic git for a moment and point out Japan occupied Korea.There was no"South"Korea until 1946,I believe.Liked your post,though!

Actually, it does make a difference. Look no further than the country we're talking about that all this originated with. People come here and they think mai pen rai, mai pen rai, sabai sabai etc. The point is, we're not always on our best behavior in a host country, actually often times we're not. If you need another example look at the history of military occupations for a reference on things we get away with outside of home, maybe start with Japan's occupation of S. Korea and China, not to mention loads of examples in Europe as well and elsewhere for things we wouldn't likely do at home.

If these guy's could only live back home in "place-x," they'd likely be better behaved. Instead they're transients, Arabic names, French passports. This is the new multi-culture at its finest. And, hey, I'll be the first to admit. Living here in this wonderful host country, I haven't always been the model human being either. These guys are well past that. I feel sorry for them, but punishment is in order.

Can I just be a pedantic git for a moment and point out Japan occupied Korea.There was no"South"Korea until 1946,I believe.Liked your post,though!

Good point, I believe you're right. Thanks. I like the history to be right too. jap.gif

I have a firm belief that money money going missing from a Thai bank account (which there have been many reported here) are inside jobs, people have had money removed via ATM and never used the ATM card to have it skimmed, now work that one out.

lock em up and throw away the key... also, the banks must return all funds to people caught in the middle... time for finger prints to be used as part of an atm pin ? i'm all for it....

not sure about the fingerprints part; a few years ago the Koreans were experimenting with fingerprint doorlocks for high end cars; all went well until thieves went after a top of the line Mercedes, and took the owner's finger off to gain access! needless to say, that particular security mechanism went out of favour pretty promptly...

you guys should stop believing what you see in movies... a finger print scanner will not only check the image of your finger pattern but also measure capacitance produced by a live finger... so a plastic copy or a dead finger would not work

oz

Mate, I worked for the company that was trying to launch these fingerprint scanners in Japan, and this was the case that killed their entire development. It isn't a movie, its for real!

UPDATE

2 More French ATM Fraud Gang Members Arrested

2143.jpg

Following the arrests of their fellow gang members on 15th February it was “rien ne va plus” – no more bets! for 2 Frenchmen practising ATM fraud in the region.

Pattaya, 24th February 2011[PDN] At approximately 3.30 pm, Col. Theeraphol Jindaluang, Chon Buri Police Deputy Commissioner, Col. Nunthawut Suwanlaong, Pattaya Police Superintendent, together with his deputies and a taskforce from Chon Buri Transnational Crime Suppression Centre announced the apprehension of two Frenchmen who were members of the ATM Fraud gang. The suspects are Mr. Amirou Benlochi (32) and Mr. Abdelhakin Dekhil (28). They were arrested in possession of incriminating evidence including a red Amari Orchid Pattaya Hotel pass with 2 white stickers attached and a red Amari Orchid Pattaya Hotel pass with a white sticker attached.

Full story and pictures HERE

-- Pattaya Daily News 2010-02-25

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Two further French ATM Skimmers caught by Pattaya Police

PATTAYA: -- Two further French nationals have been arrested by Pattaya Police in connection with credit card skimming scams. Police Colonel Tirapon, the Deputy Commander of Chonburi Provincial Police led a press conference at the Transnational Crime Center at Pattaya Police Station on Thursday Afternoon to announce the arrest of Mr. Amirou Benionchi aged 32 and Mr. Abdelhakin Dekhil aged 28, both French Passport holders. They were arrested at the Eurasia Hotel in Soi Yensabai, South Pattaya in possession of blank credit cards used to extract money from ATM’s.

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-02-25

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]