Forgot To Make Re-Entry Permit Before Leaving Thailand

Hi guys,

My husband is Thai. I obtain 3 month visa from my home country and then I extended my visa every year. This year, my visa is expired in July, 2011. Last week, I had a trip aboard and I forgot to make re-entry permit before leaving. Now my visa is expired. What should I do in this case. Thanks for all replies.

I guess you are now on a visa exempt entry. You can can go to immigration and ask for a conversion to a non-immigrant visa, with the same papers you use for an extension of stay. Immigration might send you to Bangkok to do this and you have to return after one or two weeks.

If close to the border it might be easier to apply for a new non-O visa in a neighboring country.

You need to obtain a non immigrant visa entry and start the extension of stay process over again. I suspect they will convert your current stay if you apply soon for 2,000 baht and then there will be the normal 1,900 baht for TM.7 extension of stay.

I guess you are now on a visa exempt entry. You can can go to immigration and ask for a conversion to a non-immigrant visa, with the same papers you use for an extension of stay. Immigration might send you to Bangkok to do this and you have to return after one or two weeks.

If close to the border it might be easier to apply for a new non-O visa in a neighboring country.

Hi Mario,

Do I need to leave Thailand and start a new visa application in my home country?

Btw, I am living in BKK...What do you mean by " Immigration might send you to Bangkok to do this and you have to return after one or two weeks"

Thanks and Best

No, a neighbouring country will be fine. Just take along mariage certificate, copy ID-card and house register of spouse.

But Immigration in Bangkok will accommodate you by converting your current entry into a non-immigrant visa. For that you have to come back after 1 or 2 weeks to receive the conversion, which costs 2,000 baht and then you apply for the 1 year extension for 1,900 baht.

You have to hurry with the conversion, as they require you to have some time left on your current permission to stay to do it.

You can always get a 60 day extension of stay based on your marriage for 1,900 baht.

No, a neighbouring country will be fine. Just take along mariage certificate, copy ID-card and house register of spouse.

But Immigration in Bangkok will accommodate you by converting your current entry into a non-immigrant visa. For that you have to come back after 1 or 2 weeks to receive the conversion, which costs 2,000 baht and then you apply for the 1 year extension for 1,900 baht.

You have to hurry with the conversion, as they require you to have some time left on your current permission to stay to do it.

You can always get a 60 day extension of stay based on your marriage for 1,900 baht.

Hi Mario,

you mean that now I need to go to a neighboring country and applying for a visa (i.e., tourist visa)? Then going back to BKK for conversion? Can I do anything without leaving BKK?

Thanks

You go to the same office in Bangkok that you obtained your one year extension of stay but fill out a form to convert your current entry into non immigrant (cost 2,000 baht). After that is done you and husband can get the one year extension of stay done again just as before. But to do the conversion requires there be some time remaining on your current permitted to stay stamp so do it this week.

You go to the same office in Bangkok that you obtained your one year extension of stay but fill out a form to convert your current entry into non immigrant (cost 2,000 baht). After that is done you and husband can get the one year extension of stay done again just as before. But to do the conversion requires there be some time remaining on your current permitted to stay stamp so do it this week.

Thanks...do my husband need to go with me?