Nasty Experience With Ex-Girlfriend And What To Do.

Make a public display i.e. with friends (mutual if possible) of taking her to your room and letting her take all her remaining belongings. Go through everything bit by bit. Then she morally has no recourse to go back at all.

Frankly there seems more to this than meets the eye as her gaining entry to your flat is not only fishy but illegal. Were that me, those who admitted her would be out of work by now.

It does sound like she's a bit of a 'wrong 'un' however and that the 'security' at your place leave a lot to be desired. If it were me I'd move on....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

listen, if you are going to date the kind of women that want to be with us here you had better have a good disappearing act when stuff like this happens. Remember that most of the threats are like a puffed up cock trying to scare you. just ignore it and rent a new girl.

have fun

What an ignorant generalisation. Perhaps it would be more accurate to say, if he is going to date the kind of women that want to be with you?

Don't assume that everybody has to rent their girlfriend, or only date psychos.

Edited by inthepink

If you are that scared, MOVE.

if not, grow some hairs, change your lock and ignore her.

Change your lock fast though, your receptionists do not sound like they are going to do anything, and would probably still let your ex in while you are away.

That's true. He should have made allowance for that 0.01 % that find true love for free.

If 99.99% of foreigners in Thailand have to rent their girlfriends then I would be surprised. However, I am not surprised that some people might believe this to be true as they have nothing but their own experiences to go on.

Edited by inthepink

How can reception open your apartment door.

Don't you have this chain on the door with your own lock?

For 99% of Thai door locks you don't need key, a soft plastic card is enough.

For 80% of Thai padlocks you don't need a key, a hammer is enough, but with a medium strong screwdriver you open everything.

fyi, it is actually illegal to threaten anyone in any way in thailand, especially if it involves bodily harm, however it is also illegal to record conversations of any type in thailand. it is also illegal to have sex with someone under the age of 17 in thailand. That is why it is has been so hard in the past to get men to even come to Bangkok. Dont worry about the law or the police though, just be fair and give her stuff back asap. and dont have anything to do with her. start to get rid of any ties you have with her. Thais respond well to this type of treatment.. Try not to involve to many different people because they may look for oppertunity in your dispute. try to arrange for someone YOU trust to meet her at the apt to get her stuff. make sure she know s that aftyer she gets her stuff you will not be available for her to contact. I heard about this brittish guy (not sure if it is true)who had a similar problem with an three underaged bar girls in his short time hotel, somebody's x wife went down to try to sort it out and got sucked in to the mess that ended up with everyone around nana getting involved. All these old swiss men came around trying to get the girl to leave with them because she was so hot. listen, if you are going to date the kind of women that want to be with us here you had better have a good dissappearing act when stuff like this happens. Remember that most of the threats are like a puffed up cock trying to scare you. just ignore it and rent a new girl.

have fun

"Remember that most of the threats are like a puffed up cock trying to scare you" :blink:

And what do old swiss men and ex wife and three under aged hookers have to do with the OP"s problem? :lol:

I don't think ALL the truth is being told here. The ex girl friend DOES have a right to her possessions. Just make sure you are available at a mutually arranged time. That includes the friend of the ex girl friend. As others have already said, have reliable person during the exchange to back up any future problems. Just be calm, cool and collected when it happens. What's been done in the past is just that... the past.

Not letting her have her possessions sounds a bit like a school boy who wants to retaliate for assumed past wrongs.

That's true. He should have made allowance for that 0.01 % that find true love for free.

If 99.99% of foreigners in Thailand have to rent their girlfriends then I would be surprised. However, I am not surprised that some people might believe this to be true as they have nothing but their own experiences to go on.

You'd have to live in a padded cell and walk around with your eyes closed not to see this is true. Maybe you're the only lucky one left who found free love for free. Maybe you're drawing conclusions based of your own experience.

You'd have to live in a padded cell and walk around with your eyes closed not to see this is true. Maybe you're the only lucky one left who found free love for free. Maybe you're drawing conclusions based of your own experience.

+1 :thumbsup:

Funny thing that, i reckon the guys that (claim) to get this true love for free are of retired age,going out with someone 20 years their junior, obviously well heeled, and usually live in flashy condos. They can take their true love to expensive restaurants, buy them jewellery and take them on trips away.

but no no NO, they dont have to pay for their GFs :rolleyes:

Funny thing that, i reckon the guys that (claim) to get this true love for free are of retired age,going out with someone 20 years their junior, obviously well heeled, and usually live in flashy condos. They can take their true love to expensive restaurants, buy them jewellery and take them on trips away.

Thats a little different to handing over a monthly salary or whatever coz there too bone idle to work, don't ya think?

Thats a little different to handing over a monthly salary or whatever coz there too bone idle to work, don't ya think?

Getting into a debate about whether most men pay for love in other less obvious ways was not my intention. I meant that I do not think 99.99% of Westerners date prostitutes.

Whilst I certainly didn't post with the intention of boasting about not paying for love myself either (as I don't think it's anything to boast about), JohnnyFeelit's remark is way off target as far as I am concerned. I'm not of retiring age, nor am I 20 years older than my partner and I don't have more money than she does. Having said that, if I were all those things then I wouldn't object to dating a young hottie and treating her every now and then. If others want to look at that as a commercial transaction that's fine. To me it would be nothing more than acting like a gentleman.

I've seen true love. A Thai lady suppporting a broke and unemployed Thai guy.

Keep a complete set of new locks in your safe. When you have to send a lady packing, the first thing that you do is change the locks.

Reminder to myself - go out and buy a safe, just in case...

Simon

I reakon the first step each time should be, "Don't pair up with a nut case" & the second, "Don't allow the person to move into your appartment until you have established whether or not she is a nut case".

wink.gif

Getting into a debate about whether most men pay for love in other less obvious ways was not my intention. I meant that I do not think 99.99% of Westerners date prostitutes.

Whilst I certainly didn't post with the intention of boasting about not paying for love myself either (as I don't think it's anything to boast about), JohnnyFeelit's remark is way off target as far as I am concerned. I'm not of retiring age, nor am I 20 years older than my partner and I don't have more money than she does. Having said that, if I were all those things then I wouldn't object to dating a young hottie and treating her every now and then. If others want to look at that as a commercial transaction that's fine. To me it would be nothing more than acting like a gentleman.

Which is exactly what I was saying, I think you missed the sarcasm. I've never been more than +5yrs than a partner either, but things will be changing soon, oooh yeah ;)

Keep a complete set of new locks in your safe. When you have to send a lady packing, the first thing that you do is change the locks.

Simon

I reakon the first step each time should be, "Don't pair up with a nut case" & the second, "Don't allow the person to move into your appartment until you have established whether or not she is a nut case".

wink.gif

Slight problem with that.. They don't show their true colours till they think they have their foot in the door.

Wise words indeed. I can not believe how many blokes move a woman in within a few days of meeting her only to be like the OP a month later. Crazy!!

Which is exactly what I was saying, I think you missed the sarcasm. I've never been more than +5yrs than a partner either, but things will be changing soon, oooh yeah ;)

Yeah, definitely missed the sarcasm there. Put it down to a hangover and too much work to do. :angry:

There does seem to be something of a consensus on here though, to the effect that pretty much every foreigner is living with, or married to, a card-carrying psycopath / ex-bargirl and it simply isn't true.

Simon

wink.gif

Slight problem with that.. They don't show their true colours till they think they have their foot in the door.

Yes, they really aren't that stupid. We've only heard the OP's side of the story. Perhaps he thought he might play around a little. This is bound to bring on some "nut case" like behaviour.

Edited by tropo

Although the police might be not very interested in this matter, I am aware that the Thai police (same in many countries) take a dim view of people taking the law into their own hands.

Not exactly a good strategy to try to get them 'on your side'.

In any event it's not your place to be giving instructions in regard to rooms owned rented by other people.

Personaly I would be happy to be warned that there may be a person who previously lived in the building trying to get access to other rooms, but is this in fact true? Do you have evidence of this, or it is just your assumption / is it your tactic to try to meter out some form of punishment ot character dimishment on this girl?

On the other hand, I severely dislike other people making statements on my behalf.

If there was a showdown and she hired a lawyer to speak on her behalf, any good lawyer would be insisting that you state factual / sustantive reasons for your actions which are associated directly with this girl and her actions, to prove that you had very good cause to speak on behalf of others.

Further, if you had no sustantive proof them it's possible under the law (as in many countires) for her to sue you for making false statements about her, and she would likley win the case and win some compensation.

Edited by scorecard

listen, if you are going to date the kind of women that want to be with us here you had better have a good disappearing act when stuff like this happens. Remember that most of the threats are like a puffed up cock trying to scare you. just ignore it and rent a new girl.

have fun

What an ignorant generalisation. Perhaps it would be more accurate to say, if he is going to date the kind of women that want to be with you?

Would not take it so personally, there are exceptions. Based on observation in/around bangkok for many years in malls, mrt/bts, in and out of tourist areas, general public, it sure appears that a quite high % are with p2p girls. Hmm, could there be a nanogram of truth behind such a terrible generalization?

Edited by atyclb