Re-Entry Permits At The Airport

I seem to remember a recent thread that posted an official sounding notice saying that Re-entry Permits were now available at the airport. Has anyone actually got one there and, with the regular horror stories of long lines at passport control/immigration is it actually practical to get a permit there?

I will need a Re-entry Permit for April and would much prefer not to have to travel to Chaeng Wattana Immigration, but without positive reports of permits being easily available at the airport I guess I'll have to. Are they still being issued at Suan Plu on Saturdays?

Edited by brewsterbudgen

When you reach at Immigration on 4th floor, you will see one counter on the left hand side holding signs of Re-entry permit. I was at the airport yesterday. However, i didn't have to do Re-entry permit thing. I went there to correct the stamp of my friends passport who had wrong stamp on arrival.

WG

I know it's a drag, but peace of mind getting one at CW far outweighs the sleepless nights thinking about not getting one at the airport. Grit your teeth and get to CW!!

I was at the airport a few days ago and both the queues to exit thru immigration and get back a few days later were an absolute nightmare!!

• 4 weeks later...

Came through outgoing immigration this evening. Re-entry desk was manned (womanned) but didn't see anyone using it.

IMPORTANT. The desk is NOT 24 hours, the sign on the front says '06.00 - 24.00', there still do not appear to be any photo facilities so you'll need a piccie.

Came through outgoing immigration this evening. Re-entry desk was manned (womanned) but didn't see anyone using it.

IMPORTANT. The desk is NOT 24 hours, the sign on the front says '06.00 - 24.00', there still do not appear to be any photo facilities so you'll need a piccie.

That's good to know. I fly out on 7 April and I'd love to avoid having to make a trip to Chaeng Wattana for the permit. However, I'm still not sure I want to risk the desk being unmanned, or there being ridiculous queues or some other Thai reason why I can't get it at the airport!

That's good to know. I fly out on 7 April and I'd love to avoid having to make a trip to Chaeng Wattana for the permit. However, I'm still not sure I want to risk the desk being unmanned, or there being ridiculous queues or some other Thai reason why I can't get it at the airport!

You mean it's good to know we don't know the risk the desk being unmanned, or there being ridiculous queues or some other Thai reason why I can't get it at the airport!? Join the club!

Edited by Digitalbanana

You mean it's good to know we don't know the risk the desk being unmanned, or there being ridiculous queues or some other Thai reason why I can't get it at the airport!? Join the club!

With no decent reports about success at the airport, who would want to risk losing a visa to take the chance. Imagine you'd just started out on a one year retirement extension, only to lose it because the desk was closed or you couldn't get it done on time for your flight.