Differential Repair Or Replacement

PC800

I bought a used Mazda Fighter (year 2000) with a whine in the rear end. I replaced the fluid which was dark or burned. I have been told 3 prices...all the same 10,000 baht. So today brought in to the shop to have it done...NO, CANNOT DO, NO PARTS AVAILABLE. I've not been to Mazda and Ford, but they're next on the list when the rain stops. Are there any shops in Pattaya that would specialize in transmissions/differentials? I've not seen them. But it hard to read signs when driving a truck or riding a motorbike on Sukhumvit Highway. Any help would be appreciated.

Well, I think I might know why the place said "NO CAN DO". I went to Ford today and was quoted a price of 43,000 baht for parts and labor. The part was over 30,000 by itself. I think they ambitiously quoted, and then found out the new part cost, after.

Anyway, I am very open to buying a used rear-end for 3,000 baht or whatever. Where can a person find such parts, or who could do such work? Any help is appreciated. Thanks again.

By the way, I only got one quote of my own. The others were hearsay. One from former owner, and the other was from the place I had body work done, who does actually do mechanical work.

Well, I think I might know why the place said "NO CAN DO". I went to Ford today and was quoted a price of 43,000 baht for parts and labor. The part was over 30,000 by itself. I think they ambitiously quoted, and then found out the new part cost, after.

Anyway, I am very open to buying a used rear-end for 3,000 baht or whatever. Where can a person find such parts, or who could do such work? Any help is appreciated. Thanks again.

By the way, I only got one quote of my own. The others were hearsay. One from former owner, and the other was from the place I had body work done, who does actually do mechanical work.

If you post this on Pattaya Forum , I think someone will know where to by second hand spare parts. Changing the rear end at a local shop should not take more than 2 hours. ;)