Second Hand Toyota Soluna

colmx

Hi All

BF has bought a Second Hand Toyota Soluna (without telling me first! :annoyed: )

Its a 2000 model with 70,000 KM on the clock, 1 previous owner and in very good condition inside and out

(or so i have been told!)

1.5 Litre Automatic and allegedly checked over by a friend who is "good with cars"

The terms of the purchase are:

-20,000 Up front

-5,600 Per month for 48 months

So in total he (we!) will pay 288,000B for the car (including finance)

To me this seems very expensive for an 11 year old car...

So has he been robbed?

Or did he get a good deal?

Thanks in Advance for any input (i know nothing about cars!)

Well, the price should be more related to overall condition than year of the car. If condition is good, especially the one owner thing, then he's done a pretty decent deal.

70,000 km on an 11 year old car is most likely a lie, it is more or less standard for garages to fix the clock but don't worry. As I said, if overall condition is good, then it's a decent deal

70,000 km on an 11 year old car is most likely a lie

Maybe, there are many car of this age and older with less km...

Where i live most houses have at least 2 cars, myself have put just under 11,000km on my car in the past 33 months, the pick up is 3 yr old in May and has over 140,000km..... 3 doors down they also have a Toyota Fortuna bought new 5 years ago, has just 9,000km on the clock he always uses his old 300D 123 Benz says is so much nicer, he says one day the Benz will die, it has done over 400,000km but so far it never has..... few houses up the old guy has a Isuzu TR Station Wagon year 1993 he bought it new and has under 60,000km

It appears here that km the car has done is not the big factor on price.... low km, outstanding condition for the year and 1 owner do bring a bit higher price

Where i live most houses have at least 2 cars, myself have put just under 11,000km on my car in the past 33 months, the pick up is 3 yr old in May and has over 140,000km..... 3 doors down they also have a Toyota Fortuna bought new 5 years ago, has just 9,000km on the clock he always uses his old 300D 123 Benz says is so much nicer, he says one day the Benz will die, it has done over 400,000km but so far it never has..... few houses up the old guy has a Isuzu TR Station Wagon year 1993 he bought it new and has under 60,000km

It appears here that km the car has done is not the big factor on price.... low km, outstanding condition for the year and 1 owner do bring a bit higher price

It is so common to wind back the clock that Thais simply do not trust the mileage and I totally agree. I live very closely with Thais and I have heard about winding back the clock so many time throughout the years. Part of service that some / many garages offer

Overall condition is what matters the most

70,000 in 11 years is little but could be, agree :)

^Agreed...