Farang Bar In Maejo Area.. Please

jackjones

I brought dinner home tonight from the Heidelberg Restaurant. Roasted pork chop with mashed potatoes. Quite good. My wife had the spaghetti with meat sauce which she said was excellent. They were completely out of the sausages because a number of people showed up tonight all ordering various sausage plates.

The two meals plus 2 waters (15 baht each) totaled 355 baht. Not cheap, but fair given the quality.

Edited by venturalaw

• 1 month later...

Not a farang bar, but one of Mae Jo's best.. have you tried Volks Bar? (not sure if that the real name). Nice setting on small lake decked out in vintage Vespa/ Volks style. We were pleasantly surpised with the food since its cheap to cater for the 90% student customers. Good for sundowners or go later for the band.

volks bar.kmz

I was starving tonight and off we all went to try out the German restaurant for the first time. Successfully negotiated a u-turn against the traffic, all the while thinking of big sausages and mashed potatoes and pulled up beside the restaurant only to see a hand written sign saying " closed for a week. " Nothing else written, no indication of when this week actually started or when it was going to end. Great. Anyway, we then found the Volks bar for the first time and had a pleasant snack beside the lake. At 6.00 we were the only customers and they seemed to be setting up the tables for the evening. The staff were pleasant and the food was fine. The menu was fairly small and is probably aimed at people snacking along with their drinks. I think it would be good to try a bit later on in the evening and to hear the band.

• 1 month later...

There's a small one in Pimuk Moo Baan in San sai if you don't mind a short trip. 2 min from Meechok intersection.

There's good music, sport and good western food.

The crowd is mainly farrang but there are Thai's that go regular too.

It's called Bamboo bar and is owned by Joolz & Denise who used to own The What Bar in town.

Good folks and it's Joolz's birthday today so should be quite busy tonight.

If you require directions PM me with a number and I'll ring you to advise :intheclub::partytime2::burp:

Sounds interesting. Can somebody post a map?

Thanks in Advance!

-Mestizo

I Hear on the grape vine that their is a big Bar/Restaurant may open in Sansai with thai/western food and pool table and darts + large screen for the sports all goes well about 12 weeks time. quote name='Pikey' timestamp='1299999720' post='4278425']

Never been but saw the Heidelberg last week. So, from Mee Chok/Rimping go north on the 1001, over the 121 crossroads, past L&H on the left, past the PT/7-11 on the left then after about 400m slow down. It's just about opposite Wawee Coffee still on the left but not terrifically well signposted. If you go as far as the new traffic lights at the Esso station you've missed it.

Cheers,

Pikey.