Can Agassi Beat Federer For The Us Open ?

paulfr

Pure emotionally, I wish he could win it and it would be indeed a crown to his career! I even think Federer may consider to give it to the " Old Man', but then real life will kick in and Federer has to think of his own records and posterity.

Federer is a player with a keen historical sense of his sport. If you look at his scoreboard you can see that he is trying to be an all time champion, beating all the records he possibly can... so I'm afraid it will not be the case for the Grand Old Man to writr this one on his scoreboard. I wish he could though... :o

Bronco

Do you really think so ?

Now that the match is over for some 36 hours, you are really going out on a limb there. What odds are you giving ?

Seriously, it looked like Andre had his number at 4-2 in the third set. But Roger ripped off three straight points to keep it from going to 5-2 and then turned it all around. He is a great champion indeed.

Also, Agassi's comment that he is the best he has ever faced is quite a compliment from such a tennis legend. We will see how Rog lives up to the expectations over then next few years. At 2 majors a year for 4 years and he would tie Sampras for all time Grand Slams and still only be 28.

BTW, Clisters won twice the paycheck that Roger won because she won the Open series on points for the previous 6 hardcourt tourneys which doubled her winnings. The largest women's prize ever at 2.2M$. WOW !!

Cheers