Where To Meet A Good Girl?

Thaifever

I have too many good girls to sort out with husbands (cousins of my wife).

In ChiangMai looking for husbands

1) Accountant, went to CM uni, age 28, slim, shy, only speaks Thai

2) Hospital Administrator, went to CM uni, age 28, speaks English after a few drinks.

In Nan

1) Works in the Sombat bus office, age 22, only speaks Thai, very, very pretty.

Now the problem is, you are a teacher, that means you are scraping a living in Thailand and can offer the girls nothing in the long term. They want white guys because of pensions and financial security, despite having good jobs (by Thai standards) and being well educated they are essentially social climbers prepared to overlook the mans age in return for a better future.

Thailand is full of young white guys looking for free sex, but none of the Thai 'good girls' would look twice at such a guy, I get asked to spot the losers for them all the time, takes me about 2 minutes. "Where did you go to university", "oh, I only have a TEFL" ....... bye, bye.

Unfortunately

Any 'good girl' you find will likely bail when she discovers your true financial and social status.

Edited by sarahsbloke

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2) Hospital Administrator, went to CM uni, age 28, speaks English after a few drinks.

In Nan

Now the problem is, you are a teacher, that means you are scraping a living in Thailand and can offer the girls nothing in the long term. They want white guys because of pensions and financial security, despite having good jobs (by Thai standards) and being well educated they are essentially social climbers prepared to overlook the mans age in return for a better future.

Thailand is full of young white guys looking for free sex, but none of the Thai 'good girls' would look twice at such a guy, I get asked to spot the losers for them all the time, takes me about 2 minutes. "Where did you go to university", "oh, I only have a TEFL" ....... bye, bye.

Unfortunately

Any 'good girl' you find will likely bail when she discovers your true financial and social status.

Good post, Sarahsbloke, I would agree. And, you touched on a VERY important point... learning the Thai language fluently enough to converse with the women of your choice. Another point is how many young, attractive foreign men are there who can live in Thailand without any means of support? It is pretty hard to have a proper relationship if you only live in Thailand for a few months of the year.

Of course, there are all the handsome young white dudes who've never had problems finding women anywhere. They are mostly the exception, but they are certainly here. But, that is NOT what this topic is about. It's about the many guys who CAN'T find nice Thai women to have a relationship with.

In Nan

Unfortunately

Yes, very true. And they don't care how old you are, the older the better. :lol:

I am not going to ask how the guys posting separate their own wives/GF's from the women they describe in these posts ;)

"... separate their own wives / GFs from the women that ..."

Goodness me, its hard enough keeping the wife and girlfriend apart!

As the toast goes - 'to wives and girlfriends - may they never meet!'

SC

jeeez, guy asks a simple question and 20 people jump down his throat because 1) he's young 2) he works. i'll hazard a

guess that many thai girls don't just want a wrinkly old man with a pension. when you kick-off and she's still 35 and

raising your young kids what is she supposed to do then? pine away over your loss until she passes away? an argument

can be made that it's a little selfish to expect that or marry a woman 30 yrs your junior just because "you have money"

and "she's in a financial bind." anyway, back to the OP's question. it might be better for you to move out into the

rural area where perhaps your position isn't held against you. people might accept you for you and not be concerned

with showy ostentatious displays of wealth and supposed status. that is, if you really want to try and find regular girl.

Edited by cali4995

jeeez, guy asks a simple question and 20 people jump down his throat because 1) he's young 2) he works. i'll hazard a

guess that many thai girls don't just want a wrinkly old man with a pension. when you kick-off and she's still 35 and

raising your young kids what is she supposed to do then? pine away over your loss until she passes away? an argument

can be made that it's a little selfish to expect that or marry a woman 30 yrs your junior just because "you have money"

and "she's in a financial bind." anyway, back to the OP's question. it might be better for you to move out into the

rural area where perhaps your position isn't held against you. people might accept you for you and not be concerned

with showy ostentatious displays of wealth and supposed status. that is, if you really want to try and find regular girl.

Some comments belong in another category altogether and I'm not really interested in a debate. Was a bit depressed about a recent situation and wanted some suggestions on where to bounce back to good.

Thanks to all the posters, this has become a broader topic than what I was initially asking for but I appreciate the feedback.

sarahsbloke, you might understand that someone holding a tefl may not necessarily be at their peak employment level just because they don't hold a teaching degree (which I do not). Moving to Thailand can be a place to gain a new experience, for a time, for some, or, a place to start a new life, like myself (potentially). I have goals I'm working toward, but I'm not there yet. You say that you can "spot the losers in about two minutes". Interesting, all the Thai girls that I know, have no problems figuring out how to ask what one's educational background is. Is that what defines one as a loser? Be careful not to get too lost in your own self importance. The west can have a brainwashing effect which can be difficult to vanquish. However, I know where you're coming from as Thailand holds academic education to an extreme.

cali4995, I agree with you about the materialistic nature of a large city. I know there are a lot of possibilities for a girl to meet someone here with a higher income potential than myself. Of the girls I've dated here so far, I've felt more chemistry with the ones living outside Bangkok. Same as back home. However, meeting, or dating here isn't a challenge. Possibly I'm looking for a holy grail. Anyway, I'm off to find a chill-out lounge. Cheers.

Hey OP,

Ignore the losers who have put you down. They're just trying to justify their whoring. It's a valid question. Have you hung out in Thonglor or Ekkamai? Was at Xperience at the weekend for Brazilian night. Everyone was having a great night and not a working girl in sight. Some very hot women though. Good mixture of Thai and farang. Think it's just once a month though. Cheers

All this poor guy is asking is where and how can he meet a decent ,everyday thai girl to take out on a date and maybe get to know!

i've seen this answered many times before on here without all this crap you're throwing at this harmless guy...jeez...give him a break.

Op..go to thaimusings.com..heaps of answers there.

All this poor guy is asking is where and how can he meet a decent ,everyday thai girl to take out on a date and maybe get to know!

i've seen this answered many times before on here without all this crap you're throwing at this harmless guy...jeez...give him a break.

Op..go to thaimusings.com..heaps of answers there.

I have to agree on Ian in that the OP never clearly defined what he was looking for. He did state he did not want a party/bar girl, which is a start. Using a generic term like "good girl" can mean different things to different people. So it would help to find out more about the expectations the OP has, short and long term.

One important question is how much per month can you set aside for this woman monthly? Will she live with you? I'm not aware of a woman that does not have a price, and that's anywhere in the world. I think if you have at least 6000 baht/mo, you shouldn't have a problem KEEPING her.

If OP knows thai, even just a little bit, just walk around and I'm sure you'll find some "good girls" to talk to. I think the massage shops (professional ones) are good. Any mall, food, or bank will have a bunch of women working there. I've always liked the uniforms of the ladies in the eyeglass shops.

There was also a website "retire on 550 a month" which has a Thailand introduction service, targeted at retirees but anybody considering living in thailand are welcome. They are based in chang mai, and they have a non-bar girl introduction service. Not totally online. You get to meet with the ladies in person.

Dont know if there is an introduction service like that in Bangkok, but I already had a butterfly of a friend who schooled me on the art of meeting thai women without lying and without drinking alcohol or going to bars. He's not a bar person either. I was having such an fun time in Phuket, I never bothered with the "retire on 550 a month" service.

• 2 weeks later...

They are everywhere, even in the bars.

Just because they have an education or money does not make them a "good girl".

In fact, the ones that think they are Hi So usually have their heads up their butt.

I prefer the simple country girl. You will find more honesty and integrity in the rural poor .

I would make comment but your judgments aren't worth defending. I'm not asking how to talk to a girl, I'm asking for a decent place to meet one. Not a sleazy bar, just a cozy chillout place. If you can't suggest one, maybe your being around the block hasn't exactly panned out for you.

Sorry for you but there is no place where you'll be sure to meet a "good girl".

You can find her anywhere, even in a gogo bar. Take time to meet people and you'll maybe find the pearl you're dreaming of.

Do you know where to meet good girls in your homecountry ? So don't ask here in Thailand, it's just about your attitude to attract some girls and build a relationship. :whistling:

....and money helps.:whistling:

My buddha, this chappy has, to me a reasonable query and most of the responses are clearly from blokes that are either shacked up with bar girls and cannot find better, or even worse, completely clueless, unhappy and ill informed wanna be's that are more than happy to share their lousy attitude with all and sundry.

If you'd like some suggestions, then drop me a note cos there is no way I am going to share info with this mob.

Well I think the odds are pretty high unless your in some high class joints, the last place I would want to find my future soul mate would be in a bar.

One can only assume that you have not been into a bar/club that is not on/around Sukhumwit/Silom in BKK.

Route 66 is full of Thais ... 99% of which would ignore a 30-something farang. The same with most of RCA and Ratchada.

Current GF was DJ at club in RCA. She is 35 I am 65. She worked in RCA for 8 years.

I can't imagine why a man under 50 would come to Thailand and work. The opportunities have to be minuscule as opposed to the West. Exception Western companies operating in Thailand.

Having said that a bar is not a place to meet a good girl. Not in Thailand or the West.

Personally I have never been looking for a good girl.

Good girls throw themselves at teachers in Thailand. The principal at one school where I worked even lined up a different woman to have lunch with me every day. The kids wanted to fix me up with mom and the ladies who cleaned the classrooms and made the school lunches all flirted with me outrageously. The ladies at the mayors office where I helped out on occasion were shameless flirts. People as I walked down the street would say hello Kru or Ajarn and want to chat. The songtau driver would ask me to sit up front with him so he could try and fix me up with his daughter a college girl.

It was my experience that I got hit on at least twice a day simply because people realized I was a teacher and not a sex tourist. So I don't know there the OP is coming from. Maybe you should change schools. I have found that government schools with a male principal and all female staff are far more conducive to fun after class.

Good girls throw themselves at teachers in Thailand. The principal at one school where I worked even lined up a different woman to have lunch with me every day. The kids wanted to fix me up with mom and the ladies who cleaned the classrooms and made the school lunches all flirted with me outrageously. The ladies at the mayors office where I helped out on occasion were shameless flirts. People as I walked down the street would say hello Kru or Ajarn and want to chat. The songtau driver would ask me to sit up front with him so he could try and fix me up with his daughter a college girl.

It was my experience that I got hit on at least twice a day simply because people realized I was a teacher and not a sex tourist. So I don't know there the OP is coming from. Maybe you should change schools. I have found that government schools with a male principal and all female staff are far more conducive to fun after class.

Enjoy your fantasy world, little man.

I could be cruel and ask you to post a photo of yourself.

But .... I won't do that. It would be too much like taking candy from a baby.

Enjoy your fantasy world, little man.

I could be cruel and ask you to post a photo of yourself.

But .... I won't do that. It would be too much like taking candy from a baby.

I rarely go to bars and don't date bar girls. Don't get me wrong I used to when I was learning about Thailand. Nor do I fault anyone who does. In many ways it is a simple solution to an age old problem. I don't go to bars simply because I don't like drunks.

I taught in government schools and colleges in Thailand for 4 years. I have a pretty good understanding of how the system works.

I have no problem with people who disagree with me. I like a good discussion. But to demean me based on appearance when you have never seen me seems a bit lacking in logic. Or to demean what I have said if you have never taught in a government school seems lacking in accuracy.

I don't know what your problem is but if you have anything to say based on experience in Thailand that differs from what I have posted feel free to post it. Why tell me I live in a fantasy world if you have no evidence to support your claim?

Do you really think being rude is it's own reward?

And, to get back to the ORIGINAL topic...

Who really WANTS to meet a so called "good girl"? In the 20 years preceding my first marriage I certainly didn't want to be with "good" girls. The "bad" girls were so much more fun. :whistling:

And, it's certainly been that way since coming to Thailand 15 years ago as a single man.:)

I have no problem with people who disagree with me. I like a good discussion. But to demean me based on appearance when you have never seen me seems a bit lacking in logic. Or to demean what I have said if you have never taught in a government school seems lacking in accuracy.

I don't know what your problem is but if you have anything to say based on experience in Thailand that differs from what I have posted feel free to post it. Why tell me I live in a fantasy world if you have no evidence to support your claim?

You ought to understand that some people have been in Thailand much longer than you. And you ought also to understand that your education and your intellect serve only to convey the fact that you are a fool.

It's up to you what you do next.

You could write some more semi-literate pseudo-intellectual trash which would reinforce my opinion that you are an idiot.

Or ....... you could make a decision to grow up and start acting like a man.

Ultimately the choice is yours.

But why be a little boy when you could be a big boy?

Edited by andrewbkk

You ought to understand that some people have been in Thailand much longer than you. And you ought also to understand that your education and your intellect serve only to convey the fact that you are a fool.

It's up to you what you do next.

You could write some more semi-literate pseudo-intellectual trash which would reinforce my opinion that you are an idiot.

Or ....... you could make a decision to grow up and start acting like a man.

Ultimately the choice is yours.

But why be a little boy when you could be a big boy?

Andrew young dude, I got to Thailand in 1968 and I doubt if you were here then. If I am wrong please correct me.

Why just flame me? “your education and your intellect serve only to convey the fact that you are a fool.” that is a flame Andrew. “You could write some more semi-literate pseudo-intellectual trash which would reinforce my opinion that you are an idiot.” That is also a flame.

'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, and any other comments meant to incite anger.

To restate, this is what I wrote, “I can't imagine why a man under 50 would come to Thailand and work. The opportunities have to be minuscule as opposed to the West. Exception Western companies operating in Thailand.

Having said that a bar is not a place to meet a good girl. Not in Thailand or the West.

Personally I have never been looking for a good girl.

It was my experience that I got hit on at least twice a day simply because people realized I was a teacher and not a sex tourist. So I don't know there the OP is coming from. Maybe you should change schools. I have found that government schools with a male principal and all female staff are far more conducive to fun after class.”

Try responding to what I said instead of mocking me as a person. If you don't agree with something I said fine, say so. If you think I am wrong, fine state that. Why flame me? It serves no purpose. If what I said is in error point that out. I don't have any problem with you not agreeing with me.

@ Andrew

I've met guys that have been here 20 years and don't have a clue what's going on

(married to girl, while she keeps a Thai husband on their money, etc)

Marky and Ian seem to generally have it right IMHO

Flaming them just makes you look like one of the daft ones.

White men (single or not) of any age get hit on all the time if they mix with Thais, no matter what they look like.

As one girl said to me, "white men all look the same to me, tall, white skin and big noses"

What I have noticed is that men (of any race) are just as likely to be taken by a good girl their own age as by a pretty bar girl half their age. It's usually the weak, trusting men who get taken, and that applies wherever you live in the world.

Edited by pjclark1

To the teacher that got flamed;

personally I have no reason to doubt your experiences. It makes sense as in thai society a techer is very high on the status scale. What happened is you posted these experiences in a way that may apppear to some as bragging, especially if those "some" have had poor success trying to date mainstream gals. To some, experiences such as yours are deemed "impossibilities" for western males.

I knoiw people that are networked with mainstream and hi-so levels and are not perceived as sexpats and yes, they receive much attention also. Those guys know better than to tell their tales to anyone other than close friends that would not doubt the stories, as they have seen with their own eyes.

Please don't be surprised if few or none believe a story such as yours especially on this forum. Perhaps there isa bit of envy also in the hostility.

It might be better if you refer to people you know in such situations rather than saying it is you.

Best of luck.....

• 4 weeks later...

They might be a "good girl" in your eyes. But she might as well marry a Burmese than date a white guy to her countrymen.

Sorry.

I think an educated middle class or above Thai woman would prefer a demographic comparable Caucasian male (educated, professional, non-sexpat style) over any old Burmese guy. Actually Thai society looks down on some Burmese, sees them as cheap labor.

As we are all aware sexuality is a complex subject in Thailand! I mean things rarely are what they seem. What is a good girl? I am not sure what the answer is. My gf is a very good girl, but she can also be very annoying sometimes so I am not sure if a good girl is necessarily a perfect person to be with. Rich people can be horrible, poor people can also be horrible. Some middle class people are really nice. I think the answer is go out and meet people, be friendly with them, see where things take you, don't be taken advantage of, but be polite.

I do know some parts of Thailand have too many farangs, to the point where you are ignored and rarely talked to. Other parts of Thailand have few farangs and people seem much more interested in talking with you and getting to know you. Major problem is the language so I think if you really want to mix and get to know Thais you need to improve you Thai to a point where you can have meaningful conversations with them.

Where to meet a good girl... Hum. Tricky. Rich well educated girls are often bad girls (read spoilt).

Maybe the question should be where to meet a girl who doesn't need your financial support and would be interested in you?

Edited by MaiChai