Where To Meet A Good Girl?

Thaifever

Well I think the odds are pretty high unless your in some high class joints, the last place I would want to find my future soul mate would be in a bar.

You really need to square up your logic

"unless I was in some high class joint" .."las place...in a bar" - so what you are saying is 'hih class hookers are OK - low class not.' Surely that's true for actresses and nurses and secretaries and accountants as well?

Anyway, we always find whatever we are looking for in the last place we look (for simpletons: that;s why we stop looking)

SC

point-set-match

Well said.

I've been actively dating here in Bangkok for 3 years now, having what most guys would consider great success - yet I'm still single.

Point is, even if you consistently date women you consider to be "good" - which is highly subjective anyway, but I for one like women who've got their act together, have a car, a condo, travel a lot etc, and there's PLENTY of them here in Bangkok - There's no guarantee you'll be able to form a long-lasting relationship.

Women who are in high demand (by Thais and foreigners alike) have plenty of options,

and it'll all boil down to physical chemistry, communication, practical matters such as the distance between you or having time for each other etc.

Sure, the "prettiest" women I've dated here have all spoken Thai only because most of them never had to make an effort learning English.

My Thai is quite solid, I read and write well - but it's nowhere near the level I want to use with my partner on a daily basis (yes, I'm very picky).

I'd say work on yourself, eat well, exercise regularly, do some self-help and keep going out - it's all a numbers game anyway, just be disciplined and you'll get there.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never mind trying to find them....

Focus on learning how to be a man of integrity and honor. Fall in love with yourself and learn how to be a balanced man. Women respect strong men who have boundries that they are willing to defend.

Cultivate intimate (nonsexual) relationships with other men. Women cannot supply what men need only other men can. "Bro's before Hoe's"

If you do this they will find you and you will be much better equipped to be in a relationship.

Good girls are on datingsites like dateinasia dot com, but there are only about 5% really good girls and it's the thing to recognize them. Found few real treasures in Thailand an Laos and it's a pity I can't marry them all.

Well I think the odds are pretty high unless your in some high class joints, the last place I would want to find my future soul mate would be in a bar.

"unless I was in some high class joint" .."las place...in a bar" - so what you are saying is 'hih class hookers are OK - low class not.' Surely that's true for actresses and nurses and secretaries and accountants as well?

Anyway, we always find whatever we are looking for in the last place we look (for simpletons: that;s why we stop looking)

SC

point-set-match

I'd say work on yourself, eat well, exercise regularly, do some self-help and keep going out - it's all a numbers game anyway, just be disciplined and you'll get there.

This is far more important than many think. You need to look healthy. Health is a sign of vitality. Females think in terms of long term,not one night. They will want to picture you as someone that could be a father to her off spring. If you look sickly, out of shape, bad skin, then you will not fit the bill. Attractive women have many options after all. You need to have something that the others don't have.

I agree with all that you said. You need to become a good human being to attract a good girl. You need to be non-reactive, chilled out, funny, good at listening, telling stories etc etc. Have a good social circle. Your right on and it is paying off for you obviously. If you act desperate also, its a right turn off.

The "downside" is that it takes effort. And that is where most people fail. It takes effort to become a well rounded, strong, good person. However, I believe on balance you get what you deserve in life not what you desire.

SC

point-set-match

2 years in BKK and you havent worked it out yet?...............take up salsa.............mostly thai girls and farang guys, look up web site salsa bangkok for classes and venues, when you can dance you wont have any problems meeting a roomful of young educated and english speaking thais...or a few expat women as well...( you will meet plenty doing classes, even as a biginner) other wise join up with the group "meetup".google them they have a presnce in BKK.

2 years in BKK and you havent worked it out yet?...............take up salsa.............mostly thai girls and farang guys, look up web site salsa bangkok for classes and venues, when you can dance you wont have any problems meeting a roomful of young educated and english speaking thais...or a few expat women as well...( you will meet plenty doing classes, even as a biginner) other wise join up with the group "meetup".google them they have a presnce in BKK.

Ah yes, dancing. A good dancer has always attracted the ladies for as far back as I can remember. I love dancing, but I'm not so fond of the modern disco.

I met this good girl once. She was a stunning knockout of a beauty. We spent the next few weeks going to prayer meetings trying to save my soul. And, on Sunday from 9 until noon we spent it in some big hall with a bunch of stuffy, dressed up people sitting quietly while some weird character wearing a suit was ranting and raving about what was wrong with society. It was a good lesson and cured me of ever dating a good girl from then on.

Good girls are on datingsites like dateinasia dot com, but there are only about 5% really good girls and it's the thing to recognize them. Found few real treasures in Thailand an Laos and it's a pity I can't marry them all.

I swear……….The funniest I’ve read on TV in a long time…….Youare a real studmuffin! You the man! Please......for the girls of the world........Stay single.

Focus on learning how to be a man of integrity and honor. Fall in love with yourself and learn how to be a balanced man. Women respect strong men who have boundries that they are willing to defend.

Cultivate intimate (nonsexual) relationships with other men. Women cannot supply what men need only other men can. "Bro's before Hoe's"

If you do this they will find you and you will be much better equipped to be in a relationship.

Just re-read this topic…………… 'trisailer' what are you like, "Cultivate intimate (nonsexual) relationships with other men"……..Yer, most men call this, er, talking! You are just plain out there. But your posts do make me laugh!

Edited by Tonto21

Just re-read this topic…………… 'trisailer' what are you like, "Cultivate intimate (nonsexual) relationships with other men"……..Yer, most men call this, er, talking! You are just plain out there. But your posts do make me laugh!

:cheesy: :cheesy:

Yes, funny trisailer should feel the need to stipulate "nonsexual" relationships with other men

But i guess with being out at sea for months on end there not very many women sailors :emot-kiss:

Mr. Thaifever

Any news?

Hoping you are still with us, regardless of some of the replies.

;)

2 months have passed, so I guess you surely had some progress.

Post # 8 seems to be the best one to me.

:)

We classify them as "good girls" and "no good girls"?

My wife and also friends classify them as good girls and naughty girls.

Some also call them lazy girls, because they believe working in a bar is easy.

Mr. Thaifever

Any news?

;)

I thought the lazy girls were the ones that couldn't be bothered to work in a bar.

There are good girls and bad girls, but we all of us only improve with practice and hard work...

SC

Mr. Thaifever

Any news?

;)

I thought the lazy girls were the ones that couldn't be bothered to work in a bar.

There are good girls and bad girls, but we all of us only improve with practice and hard work...

SC

I see your point SC.

I found it strange too, and was explained it as if you are too lazy to find yourself a decent 10 hrs a day job, then you always can work in a Bar.

• 1 month later...

I've always had trouble with this question. In the west, I never succeeded in finding a girl because I didn't know how to get them or how to go about doing it.

Personally, I met my wife by just boldly asking a girl on the street for a date. Seemed to work.

I've tried dating websites before, but the women on there are overeducated. That's okay if you want somebody high class or who is picky. But I don't really like picky women who think they're all that just because they have a university degree. I really like to go after the hs educated ones.

I think a good idea would be to hang outside some factory and meet some girls. Or just go cruising around town meeting girls working at shops. Also, you could make some Thai friends and ask them if they know of a girl who's interested in a farang.

I've never had much success with those dating sites. 90% of the women on there are university graduates. I don't know about you but I find such women too demanding and picky.

When I first came to Thailand more than 10 years ago I was on a one year sabbatical from work. I rented an apartment in Bangkok to use as my hub for travel all around Asia as you could get quite cheap airfare in Bangkok. Usually I just bought airline tickets and booked my own hotels but on one occasion I purchased a package tour because it was so cheap. 300 USD bought a one week trip to Beijing including tour, four star hotel, and airfare. The price was so good that I bought it and planned to just use the flight and hotel and to skip the tour part.

It turned out that the flight was a red eye and we got into Beijing at 6 AM. Well the surprise was that we did not go from the airport to the hotel. We got on the bus and started immediately on the tour. It was 26 Thai people, me, and the Thai guy the travel agency sent along as a facilitator. The Thais were couples of ages from about 40 to 70 years in age. So the first day I was not too happy to be stuck on the bus when I had intended to go out on my own.

But guess what happened. On that first day later that evening when we finally got to the hotel, some of the Thai people on the trip invited me to come drink with them. It turned out that most of the people on the trip spoke good English. None of them were hi-so, but mid level professionals and some civil servants. As it turns out I took the bus tour a few more days just to hang out with my new friends. To make a long story short this group of Thai people, about half from the Bangkok area and the rest from around Thailand became the core of my friends in Thailand. Some I still hang out with and some I am still in touch with by email. I have visited many in their homes and they have visited me.

The point of this story is that since I was single these people were constantly trying to match me up with single women they knew. All of these women had decent jobs and some were even good looking (to me at least) but none of these match ups turned into a serious relationship as nothing ever clicked for me with any of them. However it was a great learning experience. I felt like I learned a few things about Thai women and Thai culture that helped me when I eventually met my wife.

So my advice on how to meet Thai women is to figure out how to meet and make Thai friends and if you are single they will always be trying to set you up with single Thai women that they know.

When I first came to Thailand more than 10 years ago I was on a one year sabbatical from work. I rented an apartment in Bangkok to use as my hub for travel all around Asia as you could get quite cheap airfare in Bangkok. Usually I just bought airline tickets and booked my own hotels but on one occasion I purchased a package tour because it was so cheap. 300 USD bought a one week trip to Beijing including tour, four star hotel, and airfare. The price was so good that I bought it and planned to just use the flight and hotel and to skip the tour part.

It turned out that the flight was a red eye and we got into Beijing at 6 AM. Well the surprise was that we did not go from the airport to the hotel. We got on the bus and started immediately on the tour. It was 26 Thai people, me, and the Thai guy the travel agency sent along as a facilitator. The Thais were couples of ages from about 40 to 70 years in age. So the first day I was not too happy to be stuck on the bus when I had intended to go out on my own.

But guess what happened. On that first day later that evening when we finally got to the hotel, some of the Thai people on the trip invited me to come drink with them. It turned out that most of the people on the trip spoke good English. None of them were hi-so, but mid level professionals and some civil servants. As it turns out I took the bus tour a few more days just to hang out with my new friends. To make a long story short this group of Thai people, about half from the Bangkok area and the rest from around Thailand became the core of my friends in Thailand. Some I still hang out with and some I am still in touch with by email. I have visited many in their homes and they have visited me.

The point of this story is that since I was single these people were constantly trying to match me up with single women they knew. All of these women had decent jobs and some were even good looking (to me at least) but none of these match ups turned into a serious relationship as nothing ever clicked for me with any of them. However it was a great learning experience. I felt like I learned a few things about Thai women and Thai culture that helped me when I eventually met my wife.

So my advice on how to meet Thai women is to figure out how to meet and make Thai friends and if you are single they will always be trying to set you up with single Thai women that they know.

Best advice I have read on this topic thus far....

Making friends with mutually respectful people around us will open many doors to further friendships and relationships...... Pretty much as it would back in our home countries.