Where To Meet A Good Girl?

Thaifever

I've tried meeting girls in clubs and what not, with limited success. I'm looking for more than a one night stand. I've been in Thailand a couple years, mid 30's attractive, although I am teaching which can be a turn off for some girls so it seems. Are there any bars/lounges someone can suggest where I might go alone or with a friend to meet a decent girl?

I don't like party girls, and I'm really tired of meeting online as it's really a huge time commitment. I know there are malls etc and I will entertain that option as well, but khao san road isn't the same as it used to be as the quality seems to have dropped in recent years.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are asking which bars/pubs to meet non-party girls in? LOL

Let's face it, if you don't meet women locally through work, through friends, etc ... you just aren't going to meet them. Random pick-up lines at a mall won't get you where you want to be either. Having Thai friends will get you there.

mid 30,s,Attractive?

And u dont have a clue how to find a gf.As a more mature person than u and being around the block many million more times than u,i would forget trying to get a gf when u go out and just enjoy the night and relax a bit more.Maybe the girls think u are very clingy and put a distance between u,or maybe the places u go too arent the right places.Also for gods sake dont tell them u are a teacher,that will scare them away lol,thais know how much of a pittance u earn as a teacher

///

mid 30,s,Attractive?

And u dont have a clue how to find a gf.As a more mature person than u and being around the block many million more times than u,i would forget trying to get a gf when u go out and just enjoy the night and relax a bit more.Maybe the girls think u are very clingy and put a distance between u,or maybe the places u go too arent the right places.Also for gods sake dont tell them u are a teacher,that will scare them away lol,thais know how much of a pittance u earn as a teacher

///

I would make comment but your judgments aren't worth defending. I'm not asking how to talk to a girl, I'm asking for a decent place to meet one. Not a sleazy bar, just a cozy chillout place. If you can't suggest one, maybe your being around the block hasn't exactly panned out for you.

Let's face it, if you don't meet women locally through work, through friends, etc ... you just aren't going to meet them. Random pick-up lines at a mall won't get you where you want to be either. Having Thai friends will get you there.

thank you. i disagree to an extent but i see where you're coming from. thanks for the reply.

I would make comment but your judgments aren't worth defending. I'm not asking how to talk to a girl, I'm asking for a decent place to meet one. Not a sleazy bar, just a cozy chillout place. If you can't suggest one, maybe your being around the block hasn't exactly panned out for you.

Sorry for you but there is no place where you'll be sure to meet a "good girl".

You can find her anywhere, even in a gogo bar. Take time to meet people and you'll maybe find the pearl you're dreaming of.

Do you know where to meet good girls in your homecountry ? So don't ask here in Thailand, it's just about your attitude to attract some girls and build a relationship. whistling.gif

Edited by Nawak

thank you. i disagree to an extent but i see where you're coming from. thanks for the reply.

Disagree all you want, but the results are what matter. "Good girls" may go out to a bar or a club (usually a Thai place) but they won't go alone. They will arrive in a group and leave in the same group.

My friends at work were trying to set me up with dates from the moment they got a read on me. They discontinued when they realized that even though my partner still currently lives in BKK, we have not split up ;)

If you work here then the chances are somebody will find you rather than you looking for it. I worked with my wife for 3 years before we became an item. I'd never even given her a second glance. She still laughs about how, when I was initially introduced to her, if somebody had said " This is your future husband" she'd have replied " Me marry a westerner? I don't think so!"

If you work here then the chances are somebody will find you rather than you looking for it. I worked with my wife for 3 years before we became an item. I'd never even given her a second glance. She still laughs about how, when I was initially introduced to her, if somebody had said " This is your future husband" she'd have replied " Me marry a westerner? I don't think so!"

+1,

:cheesy:, nice one. :)

The other shoe -----

My BF has never dated anyone other than Americans...... oh well :) ((yes I am a Yank))

His mother's remark "He's so OLD!"

BF's answer "same age difference as every BF I have ever had!"

(14 years --- we've been together for 8 years and he is a RARE find!)

(so yes, my MIL is older than me!)

Edited by jdinasia

JD mate is there a word in the gay dictionary for a gay Asian who only dates western men? Sort of similar to "rice queen" the other way round.

Potato Queen ---- yeah that's him! (I on the other hand am not a rice queen ---- but opportunity versus .......)

Which brings up the topic on another subforum of farang men hitting on farang women .... why wouldn't they? Not all of us in Thailand are here strictly because of an attraction to Asians.

Your a Teacher and your trying to meet Bar girls, thats going to get you respected in your circles, let alone the problems that may come with them, other Teachers, Nurses, office girls, etc etc

Read a bit closer .... looking to meet girls in pubs bars does not = looking to meet BG's

Well I think the odds are pretty high unless your in some high class joints, the last place I would want to find my future soul mate would be in a bar.

One can only assume that you have not been into a bar/club that is not on/around Sukhumwit/Silom in BKK.

Route 66 is full of Thais ... 99% of which would ignore a 30-something farang. The same with most of RCA and Ratchada.

Well I think the odds are pretty high unless your in some high class joints, the last place I would want to find my future soul mate would be in a bar.

You really need to square up your logic

"unless I was in some high class joint" .."las place...in a bar" - so what you are saying is 'hih class hookers are OK - low class not.' Surely that's true for actresses and nurses and secretaries and accountants as well?

Anyway, we always find whatever we are looking for in the last place we look (for simpletons: that;s why we stop looking)

SC

You really need to square up your logic

"unless I was in some high class joint" .."las place...in a bar" - so what you are saying is 'hih class hookers are OK - low class not.' Surely that's true for actresses and nurses and secretaries and accountants as well?

Anyway, we always find whatever we are looking for in the last place we look (for simpletons: that;s why we stop looking)

SC

point-set-match

What separates a good girl from a bad girl? I'd really like to know the answer to that question. Are we talking sex here or just conversation? Does having sex with a woman turn her into a "bad" girl. Or, is it just because she wants money up front instead of working you into taking her to all the expensive joints in town? I've been with hundreds of women and married to two. I can't say I can see a lot of difference. There is good and bad in all of them. I'd certainly rather be with a hooker who is up front about what she wants than many of the married women I've met who have no problem preying on other women's husbands. And, I'm including the husbands of their so called "best friends". I can spend a whole evening flirting and playing pool with a hooker and have a great time without even taking her home that night. I'll leave that for some other "customer". Conversely, I can spend a whole evening yacking to some old lady in her nineties who still has a sound mind and has lead an interesting life. They are entirely different evenings, but just as enjoyable.

Is it really fair to some young woman who you give mixed messages to about what you want? She's thinking you might be a possible husband and you only want to get into her pants without paying for it. I don't think that is being honest. Just what do you want a so called "good girl" for?

Ian, tuck your shirt in as your agenda is showing! Not that I inherently disagree with it but in a social context in Thailand, a working stiff (pun intended) has different social requirements in a mate/multiple date ;)

I've tried meeting girls in clubs and what not, with limited success. I'm looking for more than a one night stand. I've been in Thailand a couple years, mid 30's attractive, although I am teaching which can be a turn off for some girls so it seems. Are there any bars/lounges someone can suggest where I might go alone or with a friend to meet a decent girl?

I don't like party girls, and I'm really tired of meeting online as it's really a huge time commitment. I know there are malls etc and I will entertain that option as well, but khao san road isn't the same as it used to be as the quality seems to have dropped in recent years.

There are various clubs in Bangkok for various interests (social service clubs like Rotary, running clubs like the different Hash House Harrier, religious clubs, etc.). As some other people have said, there are bars and nightclubs that ordinary Thai people go to also. If you are a speaker of Thai, that is a big help. For the most part, you will need to take the initiative to find locations/clubs that you feel comfortable in. Think of what you would like to do in your home country. See if there is something equivalent to that here in Thailand.

Route 66 is full of Thais ... 99% of which would ignore a 30-something farang. The same with most of RCA and Ratchada.

Hahaha.... you guys just have no game.

Nothing easier than RCA and other Thai places. Learn how to approach chicks in groups and get some clues on women.