Swedish Man Sentenced To 4 Years For Buying Sex From 13-Year-Old Boy: Bangkok

webfact

Swedish man jailed 4 years for buying sex from 13-year-old boy

A 60-year-old Swedish man was Tuesday sentenced to four-year imprisonment for buying sex service from a 13-year-old boy.

The Criminal Court found Karl Erik Berglung guilty of a boy in November 2008 when the boy was 13 years old.

The Swedish man claimed he was forced by police to admit having sex with the boy. But the court believes in testimony of the boy given in front of a psychologist and a social worker and a public prosecutor.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-03-01

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last name is Berglund, not Berlung.

From his arrest in 2009:

karl-erik-berglund-las-anders-elerman-gorge-gibbs-2009-5-12-6-50-51.jpg

Suspected pedophiles, from left, Sweden's Karl Erik Berglund, Las Anders Elerman, and Britain's Gorge Gibbs sit during a police news conference in Bangkok, Thailand Tuesday, May. 12, 2009.

Thai police arrested two Swedish men and one British citizen in a Thai beach resort town of Pattaya for alleged sexual abuse of young boys, police said.

AP

http://newshopper.sulekha.com/karl-erik-berglund-las-anders-elerman_photo_803692.htm

====================================================================================================

Previous thread on their arrest:

Two Swedes, One Briton Arrested For Paedophilia

Words escape me. It just goes to show that there are so many sick people out there. This story is sad. The poor kid must have been in such an impoverished situation that he had to resort to selling himself. At 13, just past puberty. That's just wrong in so many ways. Then there is this sexual deviant that did not hesitate to take advantage of the kid. This is sickening.

Karl Erik Berglund Pedophile gets 4 year sentence

PATTAYA: -- Karl Erik Berglund [60], a Swedish national was charged on multiple counts of sexual abuse after having had sexual relations with underage boys in Pattaya, Thailand. Along with two other foreigners, Mr. Solberg was arrested and remanded in custody in 2009

Pattaya, 1st March 2011:[PDN], on the 1st March 2011, at 12.46 pm The Bangkok Criminal Court adjudicated the Swedish pedophile, Mr.Karl Erik Berglund , [60] defendant guilty having sex with a boy named C[Alias], aged 13, Mr.Karl was sentence for 4 years for an offense under criminal law, Section 277 base molesting children. Up to 4 years old.

Full story HERE

-- PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2011-03-01

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Four years is to easy for a rockspider, it should be 4,000 yrs. Rot is prison. Yes I know many on here will attack me and say it is just a normal sexual activity but I don't believe it is. So give it to me as much as you want for disliking pedophiles. I don't care and I don't like them.

Don`t these child rapists realise that this is a set up organised by the police, the underage boys and their families?

Many of the kids are already well seasoned street prostitutes and use the law to extract large sums of money from the perverted farangs.

Now that these perverts have probably been separate from all they’re assets and jailed, I have no doubts these kids are back on the streets again, perhaps with the blessing of their families and looking for their next victim.

These kids are jailbait, PERVERTS and SICKOS BEWARE, you maybe next

Four years is to easy for a rockspider, it should be 4,000 yrs. Rot is prison. Yes I know many on here will attack me and say it is just a normal sexual activity but I don't believe it is. So give it to me as much as you want for disliking pedophiles. I don't care and I don't like them.

Well said sick Mother F(*&^%$rs

Don`t these child rapists realise that this is a set up organised by the police, the underage boys and their families?

Many of the kids are already well seasoned street prostitutes and use the law to extract large sums of money from the perverted farangs.

Now that these perverts have probably been separate from all they're assets and jailed, I have no doubts these kids are back on the streets again, perhaps with the blessing of their families and looking for their next victim.

I object strongly to the general word "you" at the end of this post - 'PERVERTS and SICKOS' maybe tempted next, but nobody else.

Why warn them?

Edited by creck

4 years is to easy! They should sentence pedophiles with a prison sentence equivalent to the expected remaining life of the victim! In this case, Thai male life expectancy is 71 years, them subtract 13 and sentence him to 58 years in prison!

4 years is to easy! They should sentence pedophiles with a prison sentence equivalent to the expected remaining life of the victim! In this case, Thai male life expectancy is 71 years, them subtract 13 and sentence him to 58 years in prison!

It is this kind of hyperbole that makes me wonder for some of you people...it would apparently be ok to rape and murder a person over 18 and get 10 years in jail, but if the person is 17, touched upon for money, wow, then one should get 58 years in jail... :rolleyes:

Maybe not so impoverished. Maybe he just wanted a new mobile.

Words escape me. It just goes to show that there are so many sick people out there. This story is sad. The poor kid must have been in such an impoverished situation that he had to resort to selling himself. At 13, just past puberty. That's just wrong in so many ways. Then there is this sexual deviant that did not hesitate to take advantage of the kid. This is sickening.

It is this kind of hyperbole that makes me wonder for some of you people...it would apparently be ok to rape and murder a person over 18 and get 10 years in jail, but if the person is 17, touched upon for money, wow, then one should get 58 years in jail... :rolleyes:

We are talking about rockspiders/pedophilles not rapists. A rockspider will seek prey as young as a couple months old and prey on children. Yes a Rockspider can rape but he is still a rockspider. A rapist can rape but that does not generally make him/her a rockspider.. Huge difference. Continual to defend and support the actions of these people all you like, they deserve life inprisonment as the death penalty is the easy way out for them.

It amazes me how many of these peds are gay. Way over 50 %. Sick twisted human filth.

What bulls**t. If ,for example 1% of people are peodophiles. that makes 1% of gays and 1% of straights peodophiles. Since there are about 15 times the amount of straights in the world it makes straight peodophiles the majority. Get your facts right.

Now that these perverts have probably been separate from all they’re assets and jailed, I have no doubts these kids are back on the streets again, perhaps with the blessing of their families and looking for their next victim.

=========================================================================================================

Finally someone who understands Thailand. These are not innocent children dragged off of a schoolyard, but experienced prostitutes supporting their families and the police. The boy should be placed in a juvenile prison for at least four years along with his parents, but this is Thailand, so he is already on to the next john or dick or harry.

Nobody supports pedos and child molesters, but with the millions out there that will never be imprisoned, would it be better for them to hang around schoolyards or pay the services of a prostitute? Now prostitutes aren't even a safe option so look for them in your local neighborhood soon!

Edited by parallaxtech

It amazes me how many of these peds are gay. Way over 50 %. Sick twisted human filth.

What bulls**t. If ,for example 1% of people are peodophiles. that makes 1% of gays and 1% of straights peodophiles. Since there are about 15 times the amount of straights in the world it makes straight peodophiles the majority. Get your facts right.

i suggest you work on getting your maths right instead of making up 'facts'

i suggest you work on getting your maths right instead of making up 'facts'

Nothing wrong with my maths. Read again or go back to school.

If 95% of male peds rape exclusively boys - I don't care if they are Catholic priests - they are **ing gay. get it?

If 95% of male peds rape exclusively boys - I don't care if they are Catholic priests - they are **ing gay. get it?

I agree with what you just wrote. BUT you originally implied that 50% of peodophiles are gay. That is not true and a slur on gay people generally. What you said is sexist. Studies show that peodiphilia occurs with equal percentages in both straight and gay people. With that in mind, please go and re-read my first comment to you.

I cannot be bothered replying to you again. Your brain seems to be incapable of understanding a simple concept. you are befuddled by your sexism.

Lets take a vote.

Who is worse, a kiddie feeler or a recreational drug dealer or a murderer?

That depends for example;

1) Dealer : Is it Weed? if so than definitely the pedo. If it's crack, I would say too close to tell.

2) Murderer: What was his/her motivation? If someone murdered a crack dealer or pedo well then IMHO that doesn't make them worse than the drug dealer or pedo. However if they murder to steal their land or their money, perhaps because of their religion or colour of skin, then this would be on par with the pedo.