Walkie-Talkie

triffid

Please bear in mind that, in order to purchase and use Walkie-Talkie devices in Thailand, one needs to apply for and obtain a type of "Broadcasting" license. I'm sure the retailer will be able to point you in the right direction. BTW; these licenses can only be held in the name of Thai Nationals.

Safety & Security first, hey ? !

This is a bit like the Chainsaw; for this device in Thailand, one needs to obtain, what basically amounts to, a "Fire-arm License" - Believe It or Not

Edited by jaapfries

To the side of Carrefour ( come out of Carrefour side entrance and turn right then on the left)is a medium sized store. In there is a walkie talkie retailer inside that has many different types and is very knowledgeable. Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the store, it mostly sells mobile phones

Beware its forbidden for a farrang to use a 2way radio without the proper license in Thailand.

Even the red color Cb radios must be registered.

If caught by the Police very hefty fine or up to 5 years of imprisonment.

So if you dont have the proper license keep your fingers away.

I have the proper license for ham radio and it will take up to 4 month to do the paper work.

I wish you had been more precise; I can visualize 3 exits from Carrefour into their carpark - excluding the front exit. Anyway, I'll look around over there.

To the side of Carrefour ( come out of Carrefour side entrance and turn right then on the left)is a medium sized store. In there is a walkie talkie retailer inside that has many different types and is very knowledgeable. Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the store, it mostly sells mobile phones

A bleeper will serve my purpose too. These are what went out with the coming of mobile phones. Do bleepers exist any more?

Beware its forbidden for a farrang to use a 2way radio without the proper license in Thailand.

Even the red color Cb radios must be registered.

If caught by the Police very hefty fine or up to 5 years of imprisonment.

So if you dont have the proper license keep your fingers away.

I have the proper license for ham radio and it will take up to 4 month to do the paper work.

I wish you had been more precise; I can visualize 3 exits from Carrefour into their carpark - excluding the front exit. Anyway, I'll look around over there.

As you look at Carrefour from the front it is the road on the right hand side take the exit into that road and go right a little. It is on the left. I just can't remember the name

As you look at Carrefour from the front it is the road on the right hand side take the exit into that road and go right a little. It is on the left. I just can't remember the name

Maewang Electronics about 100m on left side Behind Carefoure

Hamshop No1 Behind wat prasing

Whelen on Hangdong road after airport Plaza Robinson.