How Do We Stop An Outdoor Bar From Disturbing The Neighbors With Their Loud Music From 8:20Pm Til 11 Pm Every Night

nycboy57

OP, the government will act on noise complaints. An open air bar? I may have missed this, but is this a licensed establishment or something running on the street? If licensed, what is it license for? Playing music, have they paid for their music license? I am sure they can be confronted on many fronts – just don’t do the confronting yourself.

In my old apartment, a new bar opened up on the soi in front and had very loud music. Within one month, the management got them to lower it. One of my close Thai friends had a similar problem with a karaoke bar that opened across from her condo. The residents got together and demanded the management take care of it, and it was taken care of. One of my closest friends here had a mega complex being built near him, 24/7 with the noise. The neighbors all complained and it stopped. Get the picture – do it as a community.

It is also nonsense people claiming that 11pm is early. If the area is residential – too bad – the area is residential. The music should not be so loud that you can hear it in your apartment.

It saddens me the number or people here who just accept it and think there is nothing that they can do. As a first step, speak with building management and see if anyone else is complaining.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is also nonsense people claiming that 11pm is early. If the area is residential – too bad – the area is residential. The music should not be so loud that you can hear it in your apartment.

That is a big "if". Perhaps the OP could tell us exactly what other businesses are in the area?

Going off subject slightly but still about noise . I sit up most nights to watch football . The trouble I have is that the TV / sat companies have everything set up so that at half time or full time or any break in other TV programmes they blast out the volume at twice the sound . This is right through the night. I am sure it must be heard by next door neighbours . I try to mute it every time but I do forget sometimes until the noise hits.

Going off subject slightly but still about noise . I sit up most nights to watch football . The trouble I have is that the TV / sat companies have everything set up so that at half time or full time or any break in other TV programmes they blast out the volume at twice the sound . This is right through the night. I am sure it must be heard by next door neighbours . I try to mute it every time but I do forget sometimes until the noise hits.

Just use headphones, wired or wireless. I do; in fact, I prefer them.

Sorted.

Just use headphones, wired or wireless. I do; in fact, I prefer them.

Sorted.

Same problem..I think I read once that some TV sets have sound level monitoring, i.e. you can set the maximum level.

Anyone know ?