90 Day Reporting

Have the rules changed on 90 days reporting? I received information yesterday that some foreigners went to immigration Nakorn Sri Thammarat 1 day after the 90 day period and were fined 2000 baht. The reason i ask is because i thought there were 7 days grace before and after to report. My 90 days were up on the 2nd of March and my visa expires on the 8th. I will be exiting the country on the 8th and thought i wouldn't need to report. Now i'm not sure.

From what I understand, they don't worry about the 90 day reporting when you are leaving the country.

If you do your 90 day reporting late, then you will probably get fined. If you're leaving the country, they don't care (or even know?) if you haven't done your 90 day reporting.

From what I understand, they don't worry about the 90 day reporting when you are leaving the country.

If you do your 90 day reporting late, then you will probably get fined. If you're leaving the country, they don't care (or even know?) if you haven't done your 90 day reporting.

Do you have any idea of how much the fine should be? Is it per day or a set fine? I'm trying to work out on whether to gamble or not.

Do you have any idea of how much the fine should be? Is it per day or a set fine? I'm trying to work out on whether to gamble or not.

I think the regulations allow a fine of up to 5,000 baht, but the "set fine" is 2,000 Baht.

Maybe it would show up on their computer when you leave the country, though I really don't know.

They could, if they were so minded, ask for the receipt from your last 90 day report which you are supposed to keep with your passport, though I never have been.

There seems to be conflicting information on this thread on whether or not i have 7 days after the date on the slip to report to immigration. So i'm still unsure, although perhaps my best bet is to head out the country and take the slip out the passport but keep in on me in case they ask for it. If they are asking for the receipt though, i suppose that means it's not on their computer.

There seems to be conflicting information on this thread on whether or not i have 7 days after the date on the slip to report to immigration. So i'm still unsure, although perhaps my best bet is to head out the country and take the slip out the passport but keep in on me in case they ask for it. If they are asking for the receipt though, i suppose that means it's not on their computer.

I've never had a reporting slip with me when I've left the country, and I have never been asked for it.

I've never had a reporting slip with me when I've left the country, and I have never been asked for it.

Ok, but have you been over the date on your slip. I'm 4 days past the day on my slip and about to leave the country.

Ok, but have you been over the date on your slip. I'm 4 days past the day on my slip and about to leave the country.

I believe I have ... although I didn't look after my 90 reporting as it was done by the office ... but then I found out they weren't doing it that often and I got a fine for reporting late (but not when I was leaving the country).

I believe I have ... although I didn't look after my 90 reporting as it was done by the office ... but then I found out they weren't doing it that often and I got a fine for reporting late (but not when I was leaving the country).

Ok, thanks for the info.

Reading previous posts and having left the country many times and returned (but not on overstay) I have never been asked about 90 day report and had never thought about it but also never had my reporting slip with me. But I do notice that everytime I may visit immigration for say, re-entry permit, extension of visa, etc., they always want to know my current address...

New rule is 15 ( changed from 7 ) days before and 7 days after the 90 day reporting date.

So you have a 21 day window to do your reporting.

2000 Baht fine is for reporting after the 7 day window when done at the immigration office.

4000 Baht fine when reporting after more then 90 days after the reporting date when done at the immigration office. ( but this be different at other immigration offices )

When stopped at the street for not reporting different fines apply.

Do not gamble and try to be a "cheap Charlie" when it comes to immigration rules. I've a British friend who, although comfortably retired, tried to save a few pounds by opting for a "free" Thai visa in Britannia. By the time he cleaned up the mess of his own making, it cost him triple damages.