Old Croc

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aussie Miss Thailand

post-18822-1126625329_thumb.jpg

September 13, 2005

AN Australian girl who believed she didn't have the looks to make it as a Sydney model has been crowned Miss Thailand.

Angela McKay, 20, grew up with her Thai mother and Australian father in Margaret River, WA.

She won a modelling competition at 16 – as Girlfriend magazine's "face of 2000" – but when she moved to Sydney found the market "a bit difficult", her aunt Jill McKay said, so she headed overseas two years ago – landing work with a modelling agency in Bangkok.

Ms McKay said Angela was "overwhelmed" by her title and told her over the phone: "I really didn't think I was going to win . . . it hasn't sunk in."

Angela's mother Kung and father Bob have flown to Bangkok to celebrate.

Angela, who Ms McKay said was taking a "crash course" in Thai, will now contests the Miss World title in China in December.

Ms McKay said her niece had been reluctant to enter the competition, wanting to return to Sydney to begin a university degree.

"Her life has completely changed," she said.

Do Thais feel happy seeing farang looking Miss Thailand? :D

What's gonna happen to Miss France if she can't speak Franch but German? :D

Miss Japan with black skin or Miss Congo with blond hair? :o

Everything is possible in Thailand.(T.I.T)

I suppose we'll just have to get use to the problem of beautiful Thai women not speaking good English. It was bound to happen. And it will only get worse(not the right word). How many Thais are now exported around the world(another bad choice of words) marrying farangs. They come back here and make good money because of their looks.

I was born in England and grew up in Australia. I can't speak English proper to safe my life. LOL

C

I saw her on a chat show on telly last night, and was shocked to find that she couldn't speak Thai. She seemed to understand ok but couldn't find the words she was looking for with the host having to help her.

She also looked very average on this program. Many girls can look good for the photograph but are nothing special in real light.

I think it is a farce with her winning this title, and also the runner-up who was half Danish, and not living in Thailand. Her old man spoke a bit of Thai too on the show.

I saw her on a chat show on telly last night, and was shocked to find that she couldn't speak Thai. She seemed to understand ok but couldn't find the words she was looking for with the host having to help her.

She also looked very average on this program. Many girls can look good for the photograph but are nothing special in real light.

I think it is a farce with her winning this title, and also the runner-up who was half Danish, and not living in Thailand. Her old man spoke a bit of Thai too on the show.

Did you happen to catch which name/age she was using? That remains unresolved... :o

Hate to break it to you but my lawyer, who admittedly isn't a great lawyer, is better looking - not as tall but close - 173 cm. And feionitely a better form factor. :o

I thought these contests were judged on other personal qualities like personality etc as well as beauty,She is one beautiful young lady .

the sad habit of denigrating what you cant have is alive and kicking among our posters. :D

Sriracha John:

แองจิล่า แมคคาย

best transliterates to Angela McKay. No age is mentioned in the post, but a quick Googling with the Thai name turns up age=21.

Thanks for that... :o

I wonder where the other name came from?.... anyway, I wish BOTH of her personalities at either of her ages much continued success...

in both Thailand and Australia...

and in both Thai and English...

:D

Do Thais feel happy seeing farang looking Miss Thailand? :D

What's gonna happen to Miss France if she can't speak Franch but German? :D

Miss Japan with black skin or Miss Congo with blond hair? :o

Everything is possible in Thailand.(T.I.T)

Ms Namibia last year was blond and blue eyed. A few Ms. scandanavians had dark hair and olive skin. Ms Canada is actually a Russian transplant.... Not unusual

Her body is great, her face is plain but cute and her hair is horrible.

While I find her nice, there are plenty around that are much much cuter and they can be seen any day of the week in various locations, its hit and miss.

I do find miss Thailand being from Oz and cannot speak thai a bit of a farce. But as with most things in Thai, its all in the appearance and show, the quality and substance behind it does not matter a hoot.