Re-Entry Questions

I know this question has been covered, but I've been reading some differing reports on the re-entry permit. I will be leaving for Bali from Phuket on Wednesday morning and need a re-entry by tomorrow (Monday) as we are going to Phuket on Tuesday. Can I get the re-entry permit at Suan Phlu or do I have to go to the office that is much further away (forget where). I know you can do it online but as I need it by tomorrow I believe it is too late for that. Thanks!

Believe Suan Phlu only provides the service on Saturday. I would suggest a trip to Chiang Watanna (end of soi 7). In theory you can now obtain at Suvarnabhumi but very little reporting so far and not sure if you can access from domestic flights area.

Normally you only can get the re-entry at the same location where you received the visa extension. ( except in emergency’s )

Phuket airport does not supply the re-entry permit.

I don't have information about Suvarnabhumi and this should be something new as they never really did this only again only in case of emergency’s.

But again, things can change on a day notice as we all now.

I believe you apply by E Mail but have to go in person to collect it.

For a re-entry permit,if you are in Bangkok area and you have an Internet access, you could fill in a TM. 8 form and send it to [email protected]

— You should e-mail the completed form 1 day in advance.

— You have to submit a 2" photo and pay a permit fee at counter 7, the Immigration Bureau (soi suanplu office.)

— Fee for re-entry permit:

1,000 Bahts for single

3,800 Bahts for multiple

Not sure how up to date this is though.

Immigration

Believe Suan Phlu only provides the service on Saturday. I would suggest a trip to Chiang Watanna (end of soi 7). In theory you can now obtain at Suvarnabhumi but very little reporting so far and not sure if you can access from domestic flights area.

I did notice that there was a desk for re-entry permits, with a very bored looking girl sitting there, in the International Departures Immigration Hall, nobody used all the time I was queueing.

But as the OP is flying from Phuket to Bali he probably will not have access to this area, the notice on the desk advised that you have to provide proof that you are leaving Thailand on the day.

Re-entry permits were done online before, you just did all the documentation online, however you still had to go to Suan Phlu and get it stamped into your Passport, so in reality a waste of time.

That's what I did last time. Not a waste of time as it saved a trip out to Chaeng Wattana, which for me is much further. But this time around I left it too late, so I'm stuck spending half a day going out there and coming back.

As said in theory you submitted application on-line the day before and drove up to a window to obtain. Problem was most people did not have cars so nobody manned the window and everyone had to enter and queue inside anyhow. It saved a few minutes I suspect but basically same procedure as doing in person.

Make sure you enter that re-entry number/information on your arrival card when you return. Check before leaving inbound immigration that new stamp is for the same time as your current permitted to stay.

I've got a brand spanking new reentry permit that I will be using next week . . is there anything I should pay special attention to as I go out and come back in . . I wanna make sure that Immigration does not screw me around somehow

If is a multiple entry re entry permit, make sure they do not stamp 'USED' over it when you come back in. What I do is highlight in yellow the word MULTIPLE on the permit in my passport.

Well, I went to Chaeng Wattana today. Taxi was about 170 baht from Silom. The process takes forever. The application was a cinch but then you have to wait until your number to be called. I think we got our number just before 11:00 - there were 75 people in front of us. They take a break for lunch and we finally got called at 1:30 pm. Then you have to wait for it to be stamped - another 30 minutes. I will definitely be doing the online option next time.

I've got a brand spanking new reentry permit that I will be using next week . . is there anything I should pay special attention to as I go out and come back in . . I wanna make sure that Immigration does not screw me around somehow

If is a multiple entry re entry permit, make sure they do not stamp 'USED' over it when you come back in. What I do is highlight in yellow the word MULTIPLE on the permit in my passport.

It will be a multiple reentry permit and this sounds like good advice