Need More Passport Pages

i have only one page left in my passport for stamps and need to get extra pages. i have already done this once- can i get additional pages again? is the only place i can do that the US embassy in bangkok (i am a US citizen)? i live in the south so if anyone knows another way i can do it please let me know.

thx!

Yes, you can. I have done it twice at the embassy in Laos, now have a 96 page passport. It's free, and can be done at any US embassy or US consulate. Well, at least it used to be that way. However, I have one of the old passports "pre 9-11". Maybe the new, more secure passports are harder to add pages to, don't know.

Edited by tiger tanaka

I have done it twice at the embassy in Laos, now have a 96 page passport. 

Immigration officials must love perusing through your personal copy of "War and Peace" at border points. :D:D

btw, I wonder what the record is?.... :o

I've done it 3 times, don't know number of pages but it's huge and certainly over 100. I have to keep a clip or pos-it on the page with current visa otherwise takes forever to find.

Immigration officials either give up perusing after a few minutes or don't even try...just ask me to find the relevant current page for them. But then, I'm a middle aged woman which puts me in a very low-risk demographic. A guy and/or arab/south asian/african with a thick passport might encounter more delays and scrutiny. Sad but true.

Used to do it with the old Brit PPs but not any more.

When I was fun running between Saudi-Iraq and Nigeria they used to fill up pretty quickly and the best I ever had was an origional think.. 95 pager with 2 new/extensions stapled on to it plus the ribbon and the big red wax stamp :D all in all about 200 pages.

A single visit to some of these places involved pages and pages of visa stamps that make LOS look like a non starter.

In some you even had to get a stamp to buy booze... :o

Also with the EU they dont stamp you in or out when you go on a jolly over to Calais/Amsterdam any more so wee red book usually sufficent nowadays for most people.

thanks for the info... i called the US embassy in bangkok and they said the ways to do it are: go to the consulate in bangkok, wait for them to come to samui (only about twice a year), or mail in a request to my home consulate and have someone forward to me. FYI