Maeramphueng Beach

coralia

Well, I was wondering if it's a good place to live (for a retired person).

First of all, what about pollution? I keep reading about pollution in the Rayong area...

Secondly, is it a safe place?...

Thirdly, are there supermarkets, pharmacies etc. in the area? Or do you have to go very far for that sort of thing?...

Thanks.

I live in Ban Phe. maeramphueng beach is ok and has quite a few retirees there. Maybe Ban Phe is a better place. it has tesco markets pharmacies etc etc. or Lae mae phim beach which is 22 kms east of ban phe. the beach at maeramphueng isnt to clean as are the beaches in the ban phe area mainly litter from koh samet island floating this way. however i am impressed with the lea mae phim beach and its cleanliness. this area is a big area for scandinavians.

hope this helps. let us know if u need more info

brgds mark

Well, I was wondering if it's a good place to live (for a retired person).

First of all, what about pollution? I keep reading about pollution in the Rayong area...

Secondly, is it a safe place?...

Thirdly, are there supermarkets, pharmacies etc. in the area? Or do you have to go very far for that sort of thing?...

Thanks.

I'll agree with most of what Mark has said, although I'd say the cleanliness of the beaches on Mae Rampheung and Ban Phe is about the same. No real pollution in either place, unless perhaps you do a bacterial examination of the water. I've heard nasties about that, but not experienced anything, and people swim on both beaches regularly.

Mae Rampheung seems to be much quieter than Ban Phe so that transport is essential in order to get anywhere for shopping. There are a few small shops, but that's about it. Banks, supermarkets, many more restaurants, pharmacies - general amenities are much better near Ban Phe. Mae Rampheung is growing, but it will be a few years before it will be self-sufficient.

I think both areas are basically quite safe. I've never had a problem, and my house is east of Ban Phe on the road out to Mae Phim.

Visit and take a look at the area. Good condos available all over. (And if you do happen to be Scandinavian, this area has become a "Little Sweden".)

Thanks for the information. I had a notion that the beach was part of Rayong city... In fact, how far is it from Rayong, and how far from Ban Phe?

No, I'm not Scandinavian... I hope the Scandinavian community will accept me though, should I decide to live there :) .

Thanks for the information. I had a notion that the beach was part of Rayong city... In fact, how far is it from Rayong, and how far from Ban Phe?

No, I'm not Scandinavian... I hope the Scandinavian community will accept me though, should I decide to live there :) .

Ban Phe is about 20~25 km east of the city of Rayong. Mae Rampheung beach is about 3~4 km west of Ban Phe, but not on the main road towards Rayong city.

I only mentioned the Scandinavians because there are many here. I'm not Scandinavian myself - I'm Canadian - and do enjoy llving here. Without using a politically incorrect phrase, some of my best friends are Scandinavian. rolleyes.gif

Is there any organised form of transport between Maeramphueng and Ban Phe? I mean songthaews or that sort of thing...

There is a songthaew but I don't know any scheduling of it. Could be hourly, or just whenever enough passengers load it up.

So, transport does exist, but you're almost better off to try a motorbike taxi (no idea of the price) between Mae Rampheung and Ban Phe. Prefer my own motorbike, myself laugh.gif

think the op will need to get a 2nd hand bike. u overcome yr illness???

cheers mark

Is there any organised form of transport between Maeramphueng and Ban Phe? I mean songthaews or that sort of thing...

There is a songthaew but I don't know any scheduling of it. Could be hourly, or just whenever enough passengers load it up.

So, transport does exist, but you're almost better off to try a motorbike taxi (no idea of the price) between Mae Rampheung and Ban Phe. Prefer my own motorbike, myself laugh.gif

I would suggest that it would be best to come and see for yourself, we have lived here for 7 years and love it. It's easier to get transport in to Rayong than Ban Phe, depends which village you live in.

Mae Rhunpeung is alot nearer to town than Laem Mae Phim. We get none of the pollution suffered in town and west of it the prevailing winds see to that.

If you do come and we are around I am sure we could show you around.

Shops/market are avaialable but would be best to do main shopping in Rayong.