Car Tent

LivinLOS

Looking for one of those car tent setups, commonly seen all over the place, as a bunch of motorbikes have taken over my proper car port and once again the car is outside.

I am sure I passed one on special on my travel recently but for the life of me cant remember where. Since starting to actually look I have tried, Global House, HomePro, supermarkets, etc etc...

Ideally I want the biggest one I can find, almost 2 car width would be great. Have found posh garden type ones at multi 1000's of baht, more the garden party type thing but not the simple 'keep the sun off the motor' variety I want.

Any clues on where I might look next ??

HomePro had some posh garden party style ones.. The kind of thing you would want to put some chairs and a table under under for croquet on the lawn type affairs ;) high quality metal supports, and a price range of 3 - 8k baht..

If they had any of the purely 'functional' sun shade type I missed them ??

HomePro had some posh garden party style ones.. The kind of thing you would want to put some chairs and a table under under for croquet on the lawn type affairs ;) high quality metal supports, and a price range of 3 - 8k baht..

The one I have seen there umpteen times is functional and 1000 Baht on sale (which is often). I almost bought one myself.

The one I have seen there umpteen times is functional and 1000 Baht on sale (which is often). I almost bought one myself.

Will go give it another go.. Thanks..

Tesco Lotus used to have them (about 8 ft sq roof ) for B1,200 .Rather flimsey though .

Seems I keep missing them wherever I am !!

livinlos

re ... .Any clues on where I might look next ??

yes ..... go from chiang puak gate on the moat past rajabaht uni heading towards mae rim

when you get to city hall do a u turn and come back towards town

theres a bigish place that makes all sorts of tents / covers on legs industrial and domestic garden stuff

on your left before the first ring road / arcade bus station junction

hope you find it .... dave2

ps ... theres a wide drive through archway with garden / domestic tents on display in the middle of the building .. if you see that ... your there

I was there yesterday and its a score.. Actually theres 2 places one further back near the Gov Offices that was more 'custom awnings' etc and was pricey but higher quality.. I thought that was it and wasnt too pleased with anything there but spotted the one next to Caltex also.

They had a FULL selection from giant high quality things that ran in the 10's of 1000's but a few of the cheaper / simpler kind I wanted also.. Literally the last of the 3x3m ones in stock will do the job.

Thanks for all the help.

• 1 month later...

i was in mae rim yesterday so i took these pics of the place on the way home

look for the caltex gas station : ) ..... hope you get sorted ... dave2

can anyone tell me ....

are there shops like that one on the first picture in buriram or surin province?

korat would be good too

thanks

Edited by Ricci