To Those Who Pretend To Live In Britain

thaimate

For those who are falsely claiming to live in the UK, perhaps making claims for benefits they are not entitled or for fraudulent purposes should at this time be extremely concerned.

A UK resident must personally complete the census form and an agent will later collect it.

Up to 5 years imprisonment, a £10000 fine or both is the penalty for not submitting the census form.

If the person cannot be found, checks will be made and if discovered living outside the EEC will be extradited and face a mandatory 5 year prison term or could be imposed to serve the prison sentence in Thailand, a term of 25 years.

What about someone like me who isn't claiming anything but kind of just left without informing anyone? I'm not sure where I am registered as living.

The last census I was on was in 1981, I left England just after that and haven't been back.

I didn't qualify for poll tax and I'm pretty sure I'm not on the electoral register any more, and they can't find me from the land registry either.

What amazed me was that the census forms are in 57 different languages!! Isn't there anyone left in England that speaks English <deleted>????

And there's 1 question that appears only on 1 language form and not on any of the others.

It's on the Welsh census forms and the question is "Do you speak Welsh?" DUH?????

I've told my Welsh mates to answer 'no' to that one, in Welsh of course.

That's the point. They don't recognize the sentiment of someone putting 'Jedi', which is why if you really don't care let them know. Religion is not an important part of British life which is the way it should stay. However when more money is put into things life 'faith schools' the government needs to know that most people are not religious.

Exactly.....

On the religious question if you are not religious make sure you put " not religious" or "no religion" on the census form..

Humanist and secular groups have complained about the way the census question is worded as it leads the form filler to put down a religion when they in fact maybe non-religious.

The census is important from the Governments point of view as to where to allocate funding, the last census in 2001 equated that the British were very religious Christians when in fact the opposite was true.

Once the 2001 figures were calculated disproportionate funds (UK taxpayers money) was pumped into Muslim Schools, Catholic schools, Jewish schools and into other cultish government approved organizations.

Religion in the UK has far too much privilege as it is....remember the Popes visit, how many millions of pounds did it cost the UK Taxpayer?

Remember there are still in the year 2011, 26 unelected Bishops lording it in the house of Lords governing the lives of 60 million people.

Be careful how you answer the Census religious question lest you want to fund the next Muslim school or Mosque by your hard earned tax money.

There is something morally wrong here as if you are religious thats up to you, but dont use my hard earned tax money to fund your beliefs.

Allah Wakbah.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the threats of extradition and imprisonment are extremely far-fetched to say the least!

If you rent a house out to someone else, they are the resident. they will fill in the census form. If you say your resident at a certain address, and you're not, presumably there's someone there that 'handles' your mail etc? They will fill it in and put your name on it.

If you're not on anyone's census form but are registered somewhere, how long do you think it will take anyone (who actually cares) to go through the information of all the addresses in the UK, cross checking them with the one they've got for you, until they discover...'aha! Mr Bloggs isn't on the census forms at ANY address!'

It may be the case, in theory, that all this information can be accessed by the click of a mouse by some enthusiastic clerk in Lambeth town hall. However, in reality, that person would have to have simultaneous access to the Office for National Statistics database (AFTER the census information has been collected, examined and filed by a third party, sub-contracted by the government) and the relevant information registered by you at the last address you claimed you were living at. Which they won't.

They would also need to give a stuff, and would need, at least, a year off from their current duties in order to find out....what exactly? That you don't live in the UK after all? Not exactly front-page news.

The UK government, like most organisations, stumbles from one day to the next trying to do the best it can under the circumstances (the particular circumstances, with regard to said government are; mostly populated by people who are too busy/lazy/wrapped up in their own personal shit to care about much else)

Unless you are wanted by MI6, in which case they probably won't wait until the census information has been collated and might use some other means of tracking you down, I really don't think it will be a problem for you guys who say you're UK resident, but aren't.

There's so much information out there, it will be used, eventually, for the stated purpose, statistical studies of the UK population.

The threats of fines are to try and make sure as many people as possible complete the forms.

mai kid maak maak na pi nong :wai:

For those who are falsely claiming to live in the UK, perhaps making claims for benefits they are not entitled or for fraudulent purposes should at this time be extremely concerned.

A UK resident must personally complete the census form and an agent will later collect it.

Up to 5 years imprisonment, a £10000 fine or both is the penalty for not submitting the census form.

If the person cannot be found, checks will be made and if discovered living outside the EEC will be extradited and face a mandatory 5 year prison term or could be imposed to serve the prison sentence in Thailand, a term of 25 years.

Easily the most ridiculous thing i have EVER read on TV, & there's been a few..

Easily the most ridiculous thing i have EVER read on TV, & there's been a few..

Must agree. About 5 years for murder let alone anything else. :lol:

PS. Perhaps a few names of those peeps locked up can be posted here. :)

Edited by transam

What amazed me was that the census forms are in 57 different languages!! Isn't there anyone left in England that speaks English <deleted>????

Actually, they're translations of the census form - the form in English is the one that has to be filled in.

Did anyone notice the errors in the Thai translation - they got the relationship questions a bit wrong!

What about someone like me who isn't claiming anything but kind of just left without informing anyone? I'm not sure where I am registered as living.

They'll probably muster a posse to dig up the local graveyards.

Actually, they're translations of the census form - the form in English is the one that has to be filled in.

Did anyone notice the errors in the Thai translation - they got the relationship questions a bit wrong!

Must be the thickness of War and Peace then with all those translations?

And what if the person answering only knows their mother tongue and can't write English?

Must be the thickness of War and Peace then with all those translations?

No, the translations are separate items that one must order (or download) explicitly.