Cargo Shorts With Elastic Waistband In Chiang Mai.

Ulysses G.

Vendors used to sell these on the streets and in the public areas of the shopping malls, but with an elastic waistband and no belt loops. Has anyone seen them recently? I have reports that they are still in Pattaya, but have not noticed any here for a while.

I tried the Night Bazaar last night and did not see them, but could not cover the whole area, so might have missed them.

5509778-men-cargo-shorts-in-different-side-view.jpg

Is this a general inquiry or are you looking for a size xxl or xxxl like possibly for yourself?

What difference does that make?

You beat me too it MrBrad. What's your point D99?

Simple. No point in providing information about places to buy the normal sizes usually stocked if the OP is looking for very large sizes which he would need unless he has lost a lot of weight since I saw him last.

Many people post asking for information then later qualify the information they wanted which wastes a lot of people's time, the time of people who provided useful responses to the original post but later find them to be not useful because the OP has made new requirements.

I am looking for very large sizes, but the large "elastic waistband" type that the street vendors sell that I mentioned fit pretty much anyone. They used to be everywhere that they sell to tourists, but I have not looked in CM for a few years until last night.

I did ask in the Pattaya forum as I saw some there several months ago and several members said that they are still around.

Thanks for trying. :wai:

I will check that out. Thank you!

Wish I'd have known this morning UG, as I was in that store at KSK this afternoon and could have checked.

I didn't look closely at the shorts but there were quite a few there and some with elastic waistband, but I'm not sure if they were as you described. How about these Export Shops that are popping up everywhere, they have a great selection of stuff and I actually managed to but some nice TH, Navy slacks in the one at AP.......and they have generous crotch room (which I need of course). cool.gif

I tried KSK today, but they were not the right ones.

A kind poster in Pattaya told me that they are available there and gave a much better description of the ones that I am looking for than the description that I gave. Has anyone seen these in Chiang Mai recently, or will I be forced to go to Pattaya to get them? :D

"These are my favorite as they have lots of pockets and use no belts. They vary in that sometimes the pockets (other than the 2 front pockets), have zippers, buttons, or Velcro fasteners. They do not have belt hoops but instead have an elastic band that expands quite a bit. There is a drawstring cord strung within a pocket created with the elastic band and used to tie the pants in the front."

Edited by Ulysses G.

"These are my favorite as they have lots of pockets and use no belts. They vary in that sometimes the pockets (other than the 2 front pockets), have zippers, buttons, or Velcro fasteners. They do not have belt hoops but instead have an elastic band that expands quite a bit. There is a drawstring cord strung within a pocket created with the elastic band and used to tie the pants in the front."

Gday UG

If you squeeze your way around the corner from Chiang Moi

to Tha Pae Soi 1 (opp Warorot) your search will be over.

Edited by ThunderDuck

Where on Thapae soi 1 please?

Opposite side of the street from the Warorot Market (on Kuang Men/Thaepae 1)

there are a number of vendors ... or it might be behind Warorot on the next

street toward the river Whichayanon ... seek and ye shall find.

Edited by ThunderDuck

I am afraid that they would only have the ones that I'm looking for at independent vendors that mostly sell to tourists. I have never seen them in a store or a shop and they are not export quality.

I tried Thapae Soi 1, near Warorot Market but it was all stuff for Thais and mostly very small sizes.

A few years ago, the Night Bazaar was full of them and I still see lots of expats wearing them, but they are much harder to find than they were when there were more Western tourists. :(

Edited by Ulysses G.

I tried Thapae Soi 1, near Warorot Market but it was all stuff for Thais and mostly very small sizes.

:(

Suprised?

Okay UG don't be shy, tell us what size you are looking for, waist in inches, 44, 48, 52 or what? And colors too. Unless you are just looking for an excuse to Pataya.

Or if you really want to solve your problem easily, have some made to order.

Edited by Dante99

:(

Suprised?

Okay UG don't be shy, tell us what size you are looking for, waist in inches, 44, 48, 52 or what? And colors too. Unless you are just looking for an excuse to Pataya.

Or if you really want to solve your problem easily, have some made to order.

I am looking for a specific type of shorts as described below that are free size because the waistband is elastic. I can find cargo shorts that are my waist size, but I prefer the ones I am looking for and I have gotten several PMs from Pattaya that described them perfectly, so some people understand what I am talking about.

This is from a PM from a member in Pattaya and describes them perfectly.

These are my favorite as they have lots of pockets and use no belts. They vary in that sometimes the pockets (other than the 2 front pockets), have zippers, buttons, or Velcro fasteners. They do not have belt hoops but instead have an elastic band that expands quite a bit. There is a drawstring cord strung within a pocket created with the elastic band and used to tie the pants in the front."

I am afraid that I can not have them made to order because if they use the wrong elastic in the waistband, they will not fit correctly and I do not want to wear a belt (which is why I prefer this particular kind).

If they exist in Pattaya, my guess is that they are in Chiang Mai somewhere, but there are so many possible places to look that I am trying narrow it down.

These are similar cargo pants with no belt-loops and a full elastic waist:

shorts-boys-elastic-waist-cargo-1-big.jpg46091-250x250-Mens_elastic_waist_shorts.jpg

Some have an "AR Adventure" label, but some do not and I could care less about the label.

Several other members in Chiang Mai told me that are looking for these specific shorts too which is why I thought that someone might have seen them around recently.

Thanks.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Export 71 on Huey Khow road is great too, but I am looking for these specific cargo shorts and I have never seen them sold in a store.

They are usually sold at small, independent stalls in the lobby of shopping malls or in small stalls at places like the Night Bazaar.

As I said, since I have posted about them, a number of other people have mentioned that they are looking for these specific shorts too, so I am not the only one who has noticed and them and wants more. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

I've had great success in buying an item of clothing that I like, but in a Thai (too small) size and taking it to my dressmaker and asking her to copy it, but in my size. She's working on shorts for Hubby right now. I'll let you know how they turn out.

The elastic waistband is what I'm afraid that they will do wrong otherwise I would just have a bunch made.:(

My wife's sister's father in law (lives in Baan Wang tan) can do the elastic.

He can copy any article of clothing you have.

My friend from France had a pair of elasticated waistband shorts he loved, he copied them perfectly....

otherwise I'm sure I saw some in Lamphum indoor market...

David

• 4 weeks later...

Also try at the old Season dept store on Changklan near Empress Hotel. They have a whole load of mens clothes in there.

Thanks Sally. I found exactly what I was looking for at Season Plaza, but they were almost out so I had to order them and they arrived a month later (yesterday).

They have Jumbo and Super-Jumbo cargo shorts with an elastic waistband - as well as a bunch of smaller ones with a regular waistband - and a buddy and I bought most of them, but there are still some left for other Jumbos who are interested.

46091-250x250-Mens_elastic_waist_shorts.jpg