Blackberry Plans W/Dtac

tigerbeer

Hi everyone, picked up a BB 8520 for 6,900 yesterday! signed up with DTAC shop on their blackberry plans for the Blackberry Life 30Day plan which included emails, Social Networks (FB/Twitter/Flickr) and Chat (MSN, BBChat,Yahoo). Internet is NOT included unless you go for the 790 baht unlimited or 30 days.Thing is that when i click on a link in Facebook or something, it takes me to the BB browser and loads the internet content. So I am thinking that DTAC has very smartly been charging me through my prepaid for the internet data. How can I prevent this?? I only need to use what is in my package but use internet though wifi only.

Is there any way i could do settings on my phone to prevent using GPRS/EDGE when in browser mode? or the only way is not to click on any FB links?

got it bkkjames but perhaps some setting on browser to prevent from using data service and only wi-fi. will check it out myself cheers.

I use AIS and have an unlimited package: good deal? not sure but my bill never changes

• 2 weeks later...