Former federal judge Camp sentenced to prison over stripper scandal

News_Editor

Former federal judge Camp sentenced to prison over stripper scandal

2011-03-12 02:59:34 GMT+7 (ICT)

ATLANTA, GEORGIA (BNO NEWS) -- Former federal judge Jack Camp on Friday was sentenced to a short prison term over the scandal involving drugs and a stripper, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

Former Senior U.S. District Judge Camp, 67, received a 30-day prison term, 400 hours of community service, and one year of probation. In addition, Camp was ordered to pay a $1,000 fine.

U.S. District Judge Thomas Hogan said before sentencing that Camp disgraced his position and denigrated his office. Camp asked for probation and community service sentence but Hogan denied it.

Camp resigned from the U.S. District Court bench shortly before pleading guilty in November to a felony drug charge and two misdemeanors. He admitted giving a stripper $160 to buy drugs, knowing that she was a convicted felon.

"I have embarrassed and humiliated my family as well as myself," Camp said. "I have embarrassed the court I have served on and I am deeply sorry for that. When I look back at the circumstances which brought me here and look at what I did, it makes me sick."

At the time of his offense, Camp was a senior judge who began paying the exotic dancer for sex and drugs after meeting her in May at the Goldrush Showbar in Atlanta. Later on, the stripper turned informant for the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).

In October, Camp was arrested by FBI agents in an undercover drug operation. He said his decades-long battle with depression and a bicycling accident that caused brain damage led him to use drugs and seeing strippers.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-03-12

The same thing happened to me. There I was riding my bicycle one minute and the next thing I remember was my brain being damaged and I was in a go go in Pattaya. I was depressed. Aw shucks anyone would be depressed paying the prices those strip joints in Atlanta charge.

Another sad example of a guy who Pattaya could have saved. What this poor fellow is going to jail for is all in a normal night out with the boys in Thailand.

Moral of the story, when you find yourself old and depressed and brain damaged after a bicycle accident start reading Thai Visa and head for the LOS.

I live better than Hugh Hefner, Tiger Woods or an Arab Sheik. I don't have big money. But I've enough to rent a bar for a night for a birthday party.

There is a long time poster here on Thai Visa that had a birthday party a few years ago. He wouldn't let me buy a drink. The night and the entire staff and the food was on him. I remember someone quoting Hefner on Tiger Woods saying, “monogomy is overrated.”

There are a number of threads on TV about why people prefer Thailand to their home country. When I see a news article like the one in this instance it is so obvious.

I have a Thai lady friend whose name is Duke. I must admit she is one of the most fascinating women I have ever met. I live vicariouosly through her a bit. I only mention it to point out I am not advocating a male only hedonist world view. Duke is 35 and the Thai female equivlent of Tiger Woods.

She plays a bit of golf and has a different boyfriend for ever day of the week and two on Sundays. Asking Thai people about her morality I always get the same response, “up to she.”

So, judge after you get out of the slammer try a trip to Thailand, up to she, up to me.

Don't remember who that was, anyway not a US judge but a British singer. When arrested for a sexual encounter between him and a consenting adult (but equally considered immoral and illegal as this story), he was asked by a reporter whether he was ashamed. And he answered: "Yes, I am ashamed for my country to have these laws that got me arrested."

Don't remember who that was, anyway not a US judge but a British singer. When arrested for a sexual encounter between him and a consenting adult (but equally considered immoral and illegal as this story), he was asked by a reporter whether he was ashamed. And he answered: "Yes, I am ashamed for my country to have these laws that got me arrested."

It wasn't George Michael?

Yep, you are right! That's the one I meant.

The Cottage King :lol: