Thai Travel Industry Fears Effects Of Japan Quake

webfact

Nisa#50

you dont understand cause your either thick or you dont want to understand.

Cheques are not the norm when giving monies to disasters in foreign countries, the money is given to N.G.Os and other trusted orgaisations.

Was that hard to understand ??? get off your anti Thai bashing and look what was said or was not said.......Thai travel should have initially said and felt for the Japanese--and not for them re loss of revenue. Never mind what the world is saying this is the subject here.

I ask you not to distort what I said to suit your self importance. Please look at my post properly, put your gun down. and don't use untruths about my post. Why don't you choose more of a middle ground stance, and look both ways.

Edited by ginjag

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nisa, your defense of Thailand is your prerogative, of course, but most of us have proposed that this economic impact concern was expressed at a very early time frame (the dead have not had a chance to cool). The other countries/experts you mention. at least let the rescue/recovery mode enter the scenario prior to rattling on about the economic effect this will have on Japan and other countries.

I am reminded of the plane crash when the looters were pawing through the victims belongings prior to rescue/recovery of survivors/causalities. I realize this is not the case here. but the mind set seems similar.

If the article had been started with a few words of concern to the people and country of Japan, it may have been less criticized.

I guess if this was an editorial or press release from some government body or any agency as opposed to a BUSINESS NEWS ARTICLE then I would agree about starting off with condolences and even requesting a moment of silence.

Not sure what you are referring to about other countries not talking about economic implications of this tragedy before having people on the ground there as this is factually untrue and can easily be verified by checking the business news of most any other country. If they are not already there then Thai Search & Rescue personal will be on the ground today in Japan ... how many other countries will have people there by the end of today that are also running stories of the economic impacts this crisis may cause?

We might also want to condemn Japan and its people for being insensitive given they too are talking about the economic impact the earthquake will have in their country.

Comparing (or being reminded of) in anyway this Business News Story with looting of dead people in a plane crash is exactly what I am pointing out here in terms of where some posters minds go when it comes to bashing Thais. It clearly is not logical or rational thinking and is putting a HUGE expectation on Thais that are not put on people of other countries doing the same exact thing while at the same time having many posters constantly reminding us how ignorant, corrupt and backwards Thais in general compared to those of other countries crazy.gif.

We might NOT want to condemn Japan at this time, you are a person who thrives on anything that opposes your line of thinking. No one is logical-no one is rational-only you----Big YAWN :redcard2: respond in the way you always do--attack and never stop. so sorry majority don't agree with you.....I,m happier and easier in looking at both sides--you could learn a bit from this way.