Where To Find Silica Gel?

gisele

small sachets of silica gel can be bought at photo shops.

i have seen larger bags of the stuff for sale at fotofile photoshop in mah boon krong , but that was a few years ago. they should be able to tell you where to buy it in larger bags if they dont stock them now.

can anybody tell me if these sachets can be dried out in a microwave every few weeks and used again.

• 2 weeks later...
I get mine from the local chemist - they raid all the medicine boxes for me - usually lots of it hanging around ...

That's what I also wound up doing, I went to a few drugstores and all except one gave me a whole bunch of packets for free. One greedy lady wanted to charge me 5 baht a packet, safe to say I will not be a regular customer of hers any time soon.

Does any one know where I can buy silica gel?

or if you have better solutions to prevent mildew in plastic boxes full of clothes/shoes and such.

thanks a bunch!  :o

The older colonial houses in Singapore and Malaysia had low-power heaters in the built-in wardrobes. This can be improvised by having a low-wattage light bulb permanently on in a cupboard where clothes, shoes etc. are kept. However, it would not work if they were in sealed plastic boxes...

Does any one know where I can buy silica gel?

or if you have better solutions to prevent mildew in plastic boxes full of clothes/shoes and such.

thanks a bunch!  :o

The older colonial houses in Singapore and Malaysia had low-power heaters in the built-in wardrobes. This can be improvised by having a low-wattage light bulb permanently on in a cupboard where clothes, shoes etc. are kept. However, it would not work if they were in sealed plastic boxes...

Having a light on would prevent mildew in a closet?