Who's Going To The Coolio Concert Then?

davethailand

He was indeed out and about last night. Bumped into him in Hooty's and then again in Living Doll Showcase. He is not very tall. But he is a surprisingly nice fella. He was trying very hard to persuade my mates and I to go to his concert, so much so in fact that he came across as a little concerned about whether anyone will turn up.

He was indeed out and about last night.  Bumped into him in Hooty's and then again in Living Doll Showcase.  He is not very tall.  But he is a surprisingly nice fella.  He was trying very hard to persuade my mates and I to go to his concert, so much so in fact that he came across as a little concerned about whether anyone will turn up.

I have the feeling you and I drink in the same bars :o:D

I'll be there tonight (free tickets) otherwise.....probably not. :D

He was indeed out and about last night.  Bumped into him in Hooty's and then again in Living Doll Showcase.  He is not very tall.  But he is a surprisingly nice fella.  He was trying very hard to persuade my mates and I to go to his concert, so much so in fact that he came across as a little concerned about whether anyone will turn up.

Coolio should be worried - uh he's nearly forgotten and I thought he was relegated to playing bit parts in C type films. :o Ask him about Dracula3000 that should get an embarrasing reaction out of him!! haha

Edited by britmaveric

Ken knows what he is doing when it comes to go-go bars. Music that you can listen to (and sing along to once you are drunk enough), good atmosphere and, most importantly, girls that are as fit as the proverbial butcher's dog!!! Can't beat a good bit of eye candy. I guess you probably agree.

Ken knows what he is doing when it comes to go-go bars. Music that you can listen to (and sing along to once you are drunk enough), good atmosphere and, most importantly, girls that are as fit as the proverbial butcher's dog!!! Can't beat a good bit of eye candy. I guess you probably agree.

We had a long chat last night about the said concert :D A mistake was made there big time.

I went and I have to the the performance, sound, etc etc was very good.

Only about 30 people came though :D:D:D Not any of my business but I told the organisors 3 months ago what advertising would be good in Patters. They did'nt advertise well.

I chatted with Coolio for about 15 mins after and even he said the same thing followed by-

"**** man I made sure I was paid before I came" :D

Actually a nice guy, (the wife enjoyed her the onstage performance :D:D )

Another example of Thai ignorance, Coolio is not a legend but any Thai kid into hiphop worth his salt would have definitely gone to this, shows that people know ###### all about hiphop in reality.

Have to say Pat that it was the american promoters fault that nobody attended (i was asked if i wanted to buy the after show party, i said no).

Various reason that sum up to terrible advertising.

All posters were in english only.

Poster quality was superb, Thick, Glossy= TOO EXPENSIVE.

Mainly advertised in gogo's ? :D

Started at 9pm on a saturday in september = Low Season, Not alot of cash around for the main customers for this type of show = THAI'S. And most have to work on a saturday evening.

Advertised on a farang TV news station. :o

Hopefully the next one will be better, They are talking about bringing Snoop Dog :D

I don't think they should put any concerts on in Pattaya.

Just visit the Blues Factory instead for some good live music.

(is that ok then dave?)

Thats yer first beer paid for :o:D

Or could have had Coolio play at the Blues Factory - would had a more people at Dave's then the 30 odd he had at the actual concert! :D

IMHO calling rap "music" is an insult! :D

I really cant stand rap or anything it "represents"

Snobs were saying the same about Blues 80 years ago , Rock'nRoll 60 years ago etc.

:o

I knew someone would come up with the "snob" comment. I for one love the blues. You can actually understand what they are saying...and why. Rap is all about the bling bling and smakin yo ##### up!

By the way IMHO means In My Humble Opinion, Its just an OPINION

Snobs were saying the same about Blues 80 years ago , Rock'nRoll 60 years ago etc.

I knew someone would come up with the "snob" comment. I for one love the blues. You can actually understand what they are saying...and why. Rap is all about the bling bling and smakin yo ##### up!

I agree , I actually play in a blues band on weekends , my point being that new things are never wholly accepted , would you have liked blues if you were around 80 years ago?AFAIK probably not......

By the way AFAIK means......as far as I know... :D

Who knows/cares :D

ps if you listen to some "rap" artistes there are a few decent lyrics and melodies , honestly!

:D

Edited by chonabot

I agree , I actually play in a blues band on weekends , my point being that new things are never wholly accepted , would you have liked blues if you were around 80 years ago?AFAIK probably not......

By the way AFAIK means......as far as I know... :D

Who knows/cares :D

ps if you listen to some "rap" artistes there are a few decent lyrics and melodies , honestly!

:D

OK, Your absolutely right. I should have been more specific and said "gangsta rap" I can and do listen to some, I'm really into the new Gorillaz cd right now. My whole problem with gangsta rap is its all Violence, money and degredation of women. Music has allways been about women, but c'mon, have you seen some of these videos? And to my knoweldge I dont remember Robert plant ever trying to "pop a cap" into Mick Jagger. :D