Why Do Expats Wear Shorts In Thailand

Semper

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it's cool and comfortable :)

I invariably wear sandals (yes with socks when working), let my stinky feet breathe after they're let out of site boots.

I don't however wear shorts into town or when on business, I do always wear short sleeve shirts (and have for many years) as I just end up rolling up long sleeves anyway.

Its a way of life, I wear long shorts/polo and steel caps to work, in a social enviroment I wear long shorts/t-shirt and surfer joe thongs, hell will freeeze over before you see me in long pants.

May I ask why. :)

Its a way of life, I wear long shorts/polo and steel caps to work, in a social enviroment I wear long shorts/t-shirt and surfer joe thongs, hell will freeeze over before you see me in long pants.

I come from the Gold Coast in Queensland Australia, long pants have never been a requirement of my work or social life.

Edited by Spoonman

I only wear pants at night in BKK.

I only put on a shirt when I leave the compound.

I last wore shoes last Dec.

I can't find my wristwatch.

I understand those who are chasing paper need to dress accordingly. Got it.

I only wear pants at night in BKK.

I only put on a shirt when I leave the compound.

I last wore shoes last Dec.

I can't find my wristwatch.

I understand those who are chasing paper need to dress accordingly. Got it.

Can you find your bed/room :blink:

Shorts are great. Why be uncomfortable in a warm to hot climate. If you're wearing board shorts & it starts raining ...they dry in 10 minutes after the rain.And they don't look stuffy.Most of the time I prefer not to wear a shirt. Unless I am in a public place. Why not be comfortable in your retirement phase or at any time unless you have to impress the boss.

Because it's cool and comfortable :)

I invariably wear sandals (yes with socks when working), let my stinky feet breathe after they're let out of site boots.

I don't however wear shorts into town or when on business, I do always wear short sleeve shirts (and have for many years) as I just end up rolling up long sleeves anyway.

Exactly!!! Not the part about the socks though that's another issue... Curious question though...I do wear shorts every where, why not?? Being from a climate hotter and more humid then here not second thought about it...

Cheaper to launder!

This isn't a trivial thing (not the laundry, the shorts) once you get used to it. I have been considering a destination in another country to maybe move to someday. It's not the kind of place you can wear shorts often due to the culture and cooler weather. I have identified that as a big negative. I wouldn't want to go back to having to wear long pants.

Edited by Jingthing

I'm not talking about the 2-4 weeks tourists, but about long time expats who are wearing shorts an short sleeve shirts.

Why do they do this? :rolleyes:

Hi,

I have seen alot of things asked on Thai Visa, but this is the stupidest question I have ever seen.

FD :)

I'm not talking about the 2-4 weeks tourists, but about long time expats who are wearing shorts an short sleeve shirts.

Hi,

I have seen alot of things asked on Thai Visa, but this is the stupidest question I have ever seen.

Do you ever leave your room /house ? :rolleyes:

I come from the Gold Coast in Queensland Australia, long pants have never been a requirement of my work or social life.

Should I be impressed? :unsure: BTW, this topic is Thailand related. So nobody couldn't care less what you wear in Australia :whistling:

Personally, I never wear shorts outside of my home or the gym, but that is personal preference. I have absolutely no problem with anyone else wearing shorts.

On the other hand, I almost exclusively wear sandals.

As I wrote, personal preference, so who cares?

Other than for work or a date, why would you want to wear pants?

Downrange everyone wears shorts.

Well, pants protects your legs from the sun and heat. Why do people use the dark plastic thing on their car windows :rolleyes:

Hi,

Do you ever leave your room /house ? :rolleyes:

Hi,

If I was in the habit of asking datf questions I would stay in more.:blink:

FD