Proof Of Income

I will apply for a Non-immigrant O visa for 90 days with the Thai embassy in Norway based on my marriage to my Thai wife.

Regarding documentation of income for one year extension of visa.

Would it be possible to get my income certified by the Thai embassy in Norway, and stamped here by the consular officer and present that to the local immigration?

or would I have to get it certified by the Norwegian embassy in Bangkok and get it translated in Thailand?

PS!

I have a certificate stating my income (more than 100.000 bath pr. month), issued by the norwegian government, it is translated to Thai by a certified translator in Norway that is recognized by the thai embassy.

regards

Morty

Each Thai diplomatic post overseas is an empire onto itself - and can set its own rules. But - typically - no proof of financial status is required in order to obtain a Class O visa based on marriage toa thai. All you need is your Thai marroage regsitartion certificate - and also a copy of wife's Thai ID card (or passport).

The financial documentation comes into play only once you reach Thailand, and are seekng to obtain a long-term entry permit extension. For that, Thai Immigration only accepts one of two documents:

1) A letter from a Thai bank, cerytifying that you have remitted required funds into that bank from overseas.

or

2) A document from your country's Embassy in Thailand, certifying that you receive qualifying amounts from a regular pension distribution. If that certification is in other than Thai langauge, you need to get it locally translated here by a certifed translator.

There is no need or value in preesnting financial documentation outside Thailand.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

If you request O-A (long term stay) outside the country,you need to proof your financial status.

Yes; but that is not what the OP is asking about - he does not require any proof to obtain a non immigrant O for a visit to his wife.

His income statement I assume was not provided in English and was thus translated. I believe others have been successful using such documentation but the rule is to have a letter from your Embassy here in Thailand so I would check with them to be sure - or at least that they can issue you a letter on what you have in the event immigration wants more.

If you request O-A (long term stay) outside the country,you need to proof your financial status.

yes you need a letter from your embassy here in english or thai. the uk embassy charges bt1200 but you can use this same letter every year when you apply for an extension. you do not need to get a new one, But I think you must get a fresh letter every year from your pension provider. However beware, immigration sometimes also insists that you have some money in your bank account as well .

Each Thai diplomatic post overseas is an empire onto itself - and can set its own rules.  But - typically - no proof of financial status is required in order to obtain a  Class O visa based on marriage toa  thai.  All you need is your Thai marroage regsitartion certificate - and also a copy of wife's Thai ID card (or passport).

The financial documentation comes into play only once you reach Thailand, and are seekng to obtain a  long-term entry permit extension.  For that, Thai Immigration only accepts one of two documents:

1)  A letter from  a Thai bank, cerytifying that you have remitted required funds into that bank from overseas.

or 

2)  A document from your country's Embassy in Thailand, certifying that you  receive qualifying amounts from a regular pension distribution.  If that certification is in other than Thai langauge, you need to get it locally translated here by a certifed translator.

There is no need or value in preesnting financial documentation outside Thailand.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok 

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

tnx for your answer Steve, the reason I asked was that I was hoping to avoid travelling to BKK.

The Thai embassy was very vague on this issue when I asked them.

If what they want is a letter from my embassy, that's what they'll get, I guess me trying to "cut corners" is not a good idea.

On the bright side, I will have an overnight stay in BKK. I guess that will be a good opportunity for a party.

:o

Morty

Yes; but that is not what the OP is asking about - he does not require any proof to obtain a non immigrant O for a visit to his wife.

His income statement I assume was not provided in English and was thus translated. I believe others have been successful using such documentation but the rule is to have a letter from your Embassy here in Thailand so I would check with them to be sure - or at least that they can issue you a letter on what you have in the event immigration wants more.

tnx for your answer lopburi3, you assumed correctly, I have done the translation on my own initiative, the embassy did not require proof of income to grant me a non imm. O. I'm just trying to be prepared for the upcoming extension.

I guess I will go to my embassy in BKK and get it certified there.

Morty