Lamborghini Gallardo Owner Destroys His Car After Bad Service

Remember the woman who trashed her Honda a couple of years ago because she was frustrating with the lack of consumer protection in Thailand. Seems the problem is not just here:

A Chinese owner hired a "sledgehammer team" to beat up his 6-month old Gallardo in front of a large crowd after being dissatisfied with Lamborghini's services.

According to the owner's announcement that he posted on the internet, he decided to smash the sports car on the World Consumer Rights Day to vent his strong dissatisfaction with Lamborghini's services in China and Europe, and its downgraded standard for service providers.

It all started when the engine of his newly-bought sports car failed to start on November 29, 2010. After he had contacted Lamborghini's dealer in Qingdao, Shandong province, the car was taken to the designated maintenance shop with a trailer of a maintenance service provider entrusted by Lamborghini's Qingdao dealer. The engine problem was not fixed, and the bumper and chassis were found damaged after the car was towed to the maintenance shop. As the owner pointed out the problem, the maintenance service provider apparently ignored his requests to pay for the damages. After that, the owner contacted Lamborghini's CEO Mr. Stephan Winkelmann, the brand's China headquarters, its after-sales service manager for Asia-Pacific region, and the brand's owner Volkswagen Group, but the problem was still not solved.

Full story at http://www.cardotcom.com/miscellaneous/2011-lamborghini-gallardo-smashed-china/

>Remember the woman who trashed her Honda a couple of years ago because she was frustrating with the lack of consumer protection in Thailand.

I remember that was about 2005. Also if memory serves me right a similar incident happened about 5 years before that where a Thai owner smashed up their CRV outside the Bangkok Japanese embassy.

Some what extreme but I thank he got his point across.

What would that be exactly?? They've got his money and he has a $750,000 pile of scrap metal, the entire process is a completely childish, self indulgent, temper tantrum. How many people in China could have benefited if he had even sold it and contributed the proceeds to some worthy causes like micro loans or something equally beneficial. It's probably all corrupt money anyway which is why it was so easy for him to let it go..

I wonder if the owner is in the manufacturing business and which useless <deleted> he exports to other parts of the world.

Probably, very good point :rolleyes: ..... Hypocritical at best....

Edited by WarpSpeed

If he wanted to destroy the car he could have burnt it, why didn't he? Most interestingly, not mentioned on the website - what'll he do with the car? I'm shocked how well it stood up to sledgehammers but only the bodywork was damaged and the chassis, engine, transmission seem untouched. If in LOS it would be a quick and easy rebuild job!

If he wanted to destroy the car he could have burnt it, why didn't he? Most interestingly, not mentioned on the website - what'll he do with the car? I'm shocked how well it stood up to sledgehammers but only the bodywork was damaged and the chassis, engine, transmission seem untouched. If in LOS it would be a quick and easy rebuild job!

Yeah but they were hitting like women, probably resenting every hit they had to make and the handles on those sledge hammers are like broom handles so how heavy can the heads be?

Edited by WarpSpeed