Led Monitors

PMK

I think they are thinner, run cooler (give off less heat) and use less power. I've had an Acer S231HL bd for ~ 4 months and am pleased with it. A friend has a 23" Acer LCD (maybe G235?) model and I swear it looks better (screen images) than mine.

Edited by lomatopo

Dell U3011. Not cheap but one of the best available in the world. All reviews are really fantastic.

30" and around $1349.00 US - but it is nice. ;) I've been trying to get my hands on a Dell U2311, 23" is more to my liking - also an IPS panel with good reviews.

LED monitors run in different price ranges and are fast becoming the new low end darling.. you'll find them on Imac's and on many of the lower end models. They're use little energy, generate less heat, they won't dim nearly as much with age as old CCFL LCD's, and they're lighter in weight as well. However, they're still in their infancy and except on the high end haven't been as refined for overall performance. I found this one to be both a good value and decent performer and its become popular in Thailand.

30" and around $1349.00 US - but it is nice. ;) I've been trying to get my hands on a Dell U2311, 23" is more to my liking - also an IPS panel with good reviews.

Dell Thailand should be able to get that for you. They delivered my U3011 in 3 days from ordering here in BKK.

Samsung has always been my monitor of choice. I looked at the link above and when I spotted 16:10 my interest peaked as I need the additional vertical space for design work. However I then saw the rest of the spec - "It’s a 16:10 wide screen format with 1920x1080p". That's 16:9 standard HD not 16:10. :( Very difficult to find 16:10 now as HD is the buzz. I'm not too crazy about Samsung's adopting the capacitance touch controls though. Hard to see, hard to find.

Will check with Dell about the U2311.

Samsung has always been my monitor of choice. I looked at the link above and when I spotted 16:10 my interest peaked as I need the additional vertical space for design work. However I then saw the rest of the spec - "It's a 16:10 wide screen format with 1920x1080p". That's 16:9 standard HD not 16:10. :( Very difficult to find 16:10 now as HD is the buzz. I'm not too crazy about Samsung's adopting the capacitance touch controls though. Hard to see, hard to find.

Will check with Dell about the U2311.

Yikes.. got the perspective mixed up with my NEC LCD2690uxi2's.. Sorry about that. I had them on my mind at the time. And yes, I'd agree 1920x1200 is far preferable to 1920x1080p.. but as you know all the inexpensive monitors are going the 16:9 route.. even laptops.. and its irritating beyond belief.

While the Samsung BX2450 is a very decent monitor for the price, I think the Dell U series is in a different class altogether. If you can afford the Dell you'll enjoy it more. On the other hand, if you can afford the NEC's.. nice.. and I'm not sure if your design work requires color accuracy and uses different color profiles, but the ease with which the hardware LUT's allow the NEC to change from one to the other is a valuable benefit for my line of work.

I think I found the monitor I want. Dell U2410. 24" 16:10 IPS-Panel 1920x1200 with fully adjustable stand including height. Now if I can just figure out how to contact Dell Thailand. They don't make contact information easy.

Just call the number on the thailand website. They will get sales to call u usually within 30mins they will email u a quote sign it email it back and give them a credit card over the phone for the quickest delivery or bank transfer takes a few days longer to process the order.

Dell monitors ship from Malaysia took 3 days for mine to BKK.

Just call the number on the thailand website. They will get sales to call u usually within 30mins they will email u a quote sign it email it back and give them a credit card over the phone for the quickest delivery or bank transfer takes a few days longer to process the order.

Dell monitors ship from Malaysia took 3 days for mine to BKK.

Great! Thanks for that info. Kept seeing 1-800 numbers, but then I was jumping back and forth between Dell sites. :D

I'm not too crazy about Samsung's adopting the capacitance touch controls though. Hard to see, hard to find.

Agreed, the old buttons on the side where much easier......

Now where did I hide the remote.......... :cheesy:

Im running 2x 24" Acer S243HL LEDS as my primary desktop screens with a Samsung 20" LCD as a slave just for youtube/video duties, for visual quality the smaller sammy wins hands down.

Edited by Spoonman