What Bike (Budget 15000Bht)

paulinbk

Hey riders,

OK I just moved here from Shanghai and really miss my bike. The thing is, it was only about 12000BHT and was perfect for me (comfortable,smooth etc).

Im not going to go mountain bike riding, but just want a good bike for the city. Can you guys recommend a place to buy a good bike that isnt going to cost me the earth? Or if you really think its worth me paying extra let me know

I've shopped at a number of cycle shops in BKK. Probike is certainly the best known but there are others as well. There are several shops in Chinatown area to include the Shimano distributer for Thailand. I found the Nakornthai Bike in Bang Kapi almost next door to the mall there to offer a good selection of everything at very reasonable prices. Tel: 02-377-1701, 02-378-1900, 02-731-2765

• 4 weeks later...

i just bought a GT Avalance 3.0 with disc brakes for 13k in chiang mai about 3 hours ago. :) its in Chiang Mai but thought you might also have a look at this model if you find a shop in Bangkok.

here's a pic of it.

21707110150156732844178.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by tigerbeer

I was looking for a bike to ride to work and found some sites which sell second hand imported bikes http://www.mbkbike.com/index.php?mo=30&cid=109708 and a forum which list some bike shops in Bangkok http://www.thaimtb.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=13 (use Chrome or Google Translate ). Any advice on how good these bikes in this websites are ? are they priced good or too expensive for a second hand bike ?