Giant Pizza In Bangkok (American Style)

junkofdavid2

I discovered an American sportsbar in Bangkok with HUGE pizza (just like in the states).

Around a 17" large pie for less than 500 baht (but as high as 799 for their 3-sausage topping). Pepperoni pizza was 539 I think.

Run by 2 jolly-old American guys. Name is "Brunswick" bar or something like that.

However, it's a bit hard to get to. It's on the right, in a side-soi along Ramkamhaeng 24, just before ABAC's old campus if you're coming from Ramkamhaeng main road. Take bus 537 from Victory Monument, or take the red truck (song taew) or taxi from the corner of Ramkamhaeng main road and Ramkamhaeng Soi 24.

They also have other American favorites (which I haven't tried yet) such as 1/2 pounder burgers, American hotdogs, etc. They also sell those "beer towers" (I dunno how many gallons of beer is in one, but saw it and it's huge).

I found it via this 'groupon style' deal using Thai City Deals (but sorry, this deal is expired and gone. But you can see the old deal here):

http://thaicitydeals.com/bangkok/deal/save-up-to-68-for-best-of-the-west-sets-at-the-brunswick-bar-and-grill

I also attached pictures of the pizza below, and I put my hand beside it so you can estimate the size.

Crust was great, cheese was great, pizza sauce was great too!

Will be back!

post-34215-0-36658800-1300524685_thumb.j

post-34215-0-06732400-1300524699_thumb.j

post-34215-0-59235500-1300524709_thumb.j

Edited by junkofdavid2

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love a great pizza but looking at those pics, all i can say is.... bah.gif

..that aint it !

Agreed, looks like an extreme amount of low quality meat dumped on it and I would gather that the cheese is not of high quality. Sauce is also something to consider; is it real pizza sauce, right consistency etc? Tough to find in Bkk.

Dukes does a good "American" tasting pie though ;)

Perhaps one of their pies with different toppings would look better.

Agreed. Hazarding a guess I'd say that's the mexican with chilli beef and maybe beans?

A pic of the pepperoni pizza would be good......then I can make a proper armchair assessment. :D

There is not a good hot dog in this country unless you buy from the PX at the Embassy.:whistling:

I have a feeling that you have tried the new ones at Butter is Better. Everyone that I know things they are good - for anywhere. :thumbsup:

There OK UG but I'll still take the PX.

There is not a good hot dog in this country unless you buy from the PX at the Embassy.:whistling:

I have a feeling that you have tried the new ones at Butter is Better. Everyone that I know things they are good - for anywhere. :thumbsup:

<deleted> is "the PX at the Embassy"? Please don't talk in riddles.

All because they are Americans it does'nt mean they can make Pizza.

Thanks, that really made me laugh.

Guess America is the world, the whole world and nothing but the world.

Italy is just a small town in one of it's states. :D

Napolitan's would be spitting on their computer screen haha.

(Don't worry, just say 'huh?' and look confused) ;)

Edited by appropriate

<deleted> is "the PX at the Embassy"? Please don't talk in riddles.

Never been around the military.?.:whistling: