Giant Pizza In Bangkok (American Style)

junkofdavid2

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much love for Big Pizza...puzzles me!

Had it once, took 90 minutes to get here and tasted like crap......not going to bother again, there are plenty of other options........

The place doesn't really puzzle me, but the pizza is anything but impressive. I still get delivery from them a couple of times a year, but more because of the lack of decent options in BKK.

The pepperoni is not worth ording - not even close to American style pepperoni (this is one of the main reasons I don't order from them more, as 75%+ of the pizza's I order have pepperoni). Cheese is only ok. Sauce is decent/good. But most of the time the crust is undercooked for my tastes.

I typically get one of their ground beef or blue cheese steak (steak - not, it is ground beef) pizzas - would probably order these more often if the cooking of the crust was more consistant.

• 2 weeks later...

There is not a good hot dog in this country unless you buy from the PX at the Embassy.:whistling:

I have a feeling that you have tried the new ones at Butter is Better. Everyone that I know things they are good - for anywhere. :thumbsup:

There OK UG but I'll still take the PX.

<deleted> is "the PX at the Embassy"? Please don't talk in riddles.

From a Brit - A PX is an American shop like the NAAFI for the UK Armed Forces or a little Tesco Express, it is situated in the Embassy so that only those who can get into the complex can use it. It caters for the needs of the American Population in Thailand. Always used to have great chocolate bars and drinks when I used the one in Rheindahlen, Germany.

The funniest thing about this thread is it's so obvious that the secret "owners" of other pizza joints feel threatened by the opening-post's mere pizza suggestion, and keep using their "mirror accounts" to trash the pizza they haven't even tried or seen; and push their own.

Next step: They'll pretend they've tried the opening post pizza and trash it some more... then push their own as "unbiased" third parties (using, again, their "mirror accounts")

:lol:

The funniest thing about this thread is it's so obvious that the secret "owners" of other pizza joints feel threatened by the opening-post's mere pizza suggestion, and keep using their "mirror accounts" to trash the pizza they haven't even tried or seen; and push their own.

Next step: They'll pretend they've tried the opening post pizza and trash it some more... then push their own as "unbiased" third parties (using, again, their "mirror accounts")

:lol:

Are you implying me?

I'm not connected to any pizza business. I just stated my opinion based on the photo. It looks like a shit cheap pizza. Anyone who knows pizza will agree with me. Seems a large portion of the forum does and YOU are in the minority. Is it possible you are the one who is biased and has relations to the pizza business?

The pizza in the photo looks OK. I usually have to at least taste one before bashing it. whistling.gif

I think most of us would have preferred a different choice. But look at the base and cheese etc tomato sauce and it looks the deal.

If anyone wants to post a pic of the pepperoni I'm happy to offer an expert opinion without tasting....:whistling::D

I have a feeling that you have tried the new ones at Butter is Better. Everyone that I know things they are good - for anywhere. :thumbsup:

There OK UG but I'll still take the PX.

<deleted> is "the PX at the Embassy"? Please don't talk in riddles.

Never been around the military.?.:whistling:

thankfully, not often.

To answer the "what is the PX" question, it is a service or shop provided by the us military and embassies to help their staff overseas further overlook the fact that they are not in kansas anymore.

I like pizza, american pizza, italian pizza, almost all pizza.

Does anyone know a good pizza company that will deliver to Pinklao? good pizza usually tastes batter than bad pizza!

Thanks

As far as the OP is concerned, I remember the original ad from one of the coupon places... And the restaurant involved sounded interesting, but was a bit out of the way in Ramkhamhaeng...not like I'm driving by there day in and day out.

That notwithstanding, I think it would be a whole lot more useful for others to chime in who's actually eaten their pizza and what it tastes like vs. a lot of comments about how it looks in a photo, which isn't much of a way to be judging pizzas...

BTW, the pizza at Duke's at the Emporium isn't a traditional pizza at all, but the bread they use for it is quite good and the overall pizza tastes good and has a nice consistency as well. It's not a purists pizza, but it does make for a tasty snack. ;)