Looking For Sausage

chiangmaibruce

WOW so you can eat two of my pies with veg 2 pies =700g alone +veg wowwwww i can just finish one if realy hungry. Bet you did not eat for 2 days after ?? Ha Ha Rob/sk

Sausage king use 95% prime shoulder and belly pork mix for our sausage and fat and spice 5%, No fillers or Colours, No MSG . Only the Best Ingreidents for quality sausage. The sausage king pie is 350g per pie and ful of meat to the point that you do not need fryes or veg with our pies as you will be pushed to finish just one pie. Quality Quality Quality always wins in the end. Rob/SK

Heretic coming to post.

I have never had a Good Sausage or Local made Pie in Chiang Mai.

Cheerful Charlie did best pie I had decent, but just not right.

He told me that you can't get the Lard for the Pastry, but his father made Pies in WW II and passed on a Trade Secret.

I have been told to my face, I wouldn't know a Good Sausage if I had one.

Best Sausage I ever ate was in Gulf Hotel Bahrain, An outstanding British Pork Banger.

john

Like mi grub.

Not strictly true as I managed to eat two of your pies with mash and veg :D they did taste good though!

... dont forget to fry fry up some onions.

Yes, i planned to do that for sure. But today I am running around like a headless chicken trying to borrow a suitable BBQ to use on Sunday.

Hope the weather remains good for the garden party

Oh you little beauty. We now have a aussie barbeque, very kindly being lent by the owner of Chiang Mai's very own "Barbeque Galore" shop. We have not one, but two, local sausage suppliers vying to create an authentic Aussie sausage. We have lamingtons & cream of a standard that hitherto one could only fantasise about. And we have a life size concrete jing-jo.

The only clouds on the horizon now are that apparently Citylife is concerned that our stall might upset/compete with the foodstalls offered by major advertisers such as the Chedi. But really, there's no comparison between the two. Ours will be fabulous . :whistling:

OK well sausage sangas are officially off the menu. In fairness to Citylife

though, it's simply because several other stalls have apparently already

indicated that they will be selling sausages/sausage dishes ... and Citylife

wants a variety of foods on offer. Fair enough. They have suggested that we do pasta instead,

but barbequed pasta sounds a bit off to me so I think we will give it a miss

:sorry:

Edited by chiangmaibruce

OK well sausage sangas are officially off the menu. In fairness to Citylife

though, it's simply because several other stalls have apparently already

indicated that they will be selling sausages/sausage dishes ... and Citylife

wants a variety of foods on offer. Fair enough. They have suggested that we do pasta instead,

but barbequed pasta sounds a bit off to me so I think we will give it a miss

:sorry:

Must say I am disapointed if that is Citylife's decision as I am sure Aussie sausages bear no resemblance to the other sausages likely on offer. I was unable to come anyway but would have looked forward t it.

Pasta just isn't thesame.

Sadly shame Pim.....I think you have made a mistake with this.

Folks, I indicated earlier that the sausage sizzle idea hit a snag and had to get the chop.

Since then, however, further discussions have taken place in an attempt to flesh out the organisers concerns. My initial thought was 'vegan conspiracy', but it transpired that there was more at steak ...

:jap: In short - it's back on - Citylife happy to have us - see you there :lol:

Oh you little beauty. We now have a aussie barbeque, very kindly being lent by the owner of Chiang Mai's very own "Barbeque Galore" shop. We have not one, but two, local sausage suppliers vying to create an authentic Aussie sausage. We have lamingtons & cream of a standard that hitherto one could only fantasise about. And we have a life size concrete jing-jo.

The only clouds on the horizon now are that apparently Citylife is concerned that our stall might upset/compete with the foodstalls offered by major advertisers such as the Chedi. But really, there's no comparison between the two. Ours will be fabulous . :whistling:

Congratulations on changing the organizers mind......

Kindly enlighten me as to the location of the Barbeque Galore shop. I have been looking around for a selection to choose from.

Kindly enlighten me as to the location of the Barbeque Galore shop. I have been looking around for a selection to choose from.

Certainly, you can reach Rob on 081 860 3608 - they are near Wat Umong, not far from Chiang Mai Uni. Nice guy

Edited by chiangmaibruce

Retraction and apology: I have been contacted by a moderator this morning after a vegetarian member hit the 'report' button after becoming incensed by my earlier comments. By way of explanation, I was just trying to chew the fat in a light-hearted manner. On further reflection I now appreciate that meaty issues like dietary preference warrant more thoughtful consideration. Alas, it would seem that sometimes Thaivisa brings out the wurst in me.

Edited by chiangmaibruce

where, may i ask are CMCL offices??

web site at www.chiangmainews.com

They are on the Canal Road. Turn left on Huay Kaew at the Phucome Junction and they are on your left about 200m down. Look for big CityLife sign beside the road

Epilogue: Just a quick report on today's CityLife Garden Party. Firstly, incredibly lucky with the weather - not hot and sunny, but not raining either (as was forecast) .. so everyone had a great day.

Thanks to the many Thaivisa members who dropped by our stall to say hi and taste the goods. It was also great to see the Thai folks bite into our gear and get their first taste of real food - oh how their eyes lit up!

Special thanks to bbqthai.com (agents for Barbeques Galore) who very kindly lent us their demo model which did the job very well indeed.

Sausage King mixed up a special batch of beef sausages using Australian seasoning, and I have to say their sausages were a close match to the flavour and texture of the real deal. As a result quite a few people came back for second or even third helpings. The only issue, and it's not a criticism at all, is that they did shrink markedly during cooking as the previous poster has noted. I suspect - and I'm no expert - that this might mean that they had less cereal filler than the Oz version.

With the lamingtons we had a number of people who came back and bought some (up to ten) to take home. Nevetheless we still have quite a few left over, so PM me if you get a yearning for some. I think the issue here was that people didn't know what "Lamingtons" were and were shy to ask ... we kept them covered in their boxes so that they stayed fresh and insect free ... but perhaps we needed to have some dissected and out on display (?) Anyway, live and learn

See you at the next one

Edited by chiangmaibruce

oops... i forgot about the lemingtons... i just cracked one open well after purchase and they taste pretty good... missing that jam in the lining but... or am i imagining things long since forgotten??

As far as I am aware, the thin layer of jam is (and remains) a feature of some packaged lamingtons sold in supermarkets where the traditional and much-preferred (real) cream alternative is not feasible

Oh, and some foreign foreigners asked me about the origin of the name "Lamington" - check this out folks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamington

Edited by chiangmaibruce

Hi guys (and girls?):jap:

For anyone interested in a good aussie meat pie, there is a new place called "Sally 'n' Pie" on Nimmanhaemin Soi 15. Chunky steak, steak and mushroom/bacon/cheese I think. Comes served with peas and mash for ~99b. Its right beside another new place - Bar Fry - that does great chips with toppings like gravy, garlic aoli, salsa and loads more. yum yum!

Repeated references to "Oz style sausages" but no details as to what the hell that means. What diffentiates an "Oz style sausage" from an English, German, Italian, American, French, Polish, etc style sausage? Has it got Vegimite added?

No vegemite but simply Oz butchers make the best sausages in the world :jap: The only good sausage I have come across in Thailand,with all due respects to TV sponsors etc, are the Veal Sausages from Hideway Cafe. In Coffs Hbr, NSW ,my home town, we had a butcher who only made 20 different types of sausages. If you didnt get in early, in the morning, by lunchtime they had almost sold out.They weren't cheap but all meat,beef, pork ,chicken etc and absolutely no additives...seriously good tucker (food)!

Repeated references to "Oz style sausages" but no details as to what the hell that means. What diffentiates an "Oz style sausage" from an English, German, Italian, American, French, Polish, etc style sausage? Has it got Vegimite added?

No vegemite but simply Oz butchers make the best sausages in the world :jap: The only good sausage I have come across in Thailand,with all due respects to TV sponsors etc, are the Veal Sausages from Hideway Cafe. In Coffs Hbr, NSW ,my home town, we had a butcher who only made 20 different types of sausages. If you didnt get in early, in the morning, by lunchtime they had almost sold out.They weren't cheap but all meat,beef, pork ,chicken etc and absolutely no additives...seriously good tucker (food)!

Aussie sausages really are the best - but not the Coles or Woolworths ones (no offence OP). The best ones are definitely from the small butchers in rural areas - I'm from down Wollongong way & there was no shortage of small butchers with plenty of tasty snags ready. I really miss a decent snag and found the only ones that were close to what we get back home were ones i got frozen from Rimping. They were beef sausages rather than pork ones - might have been Sausage King ones? Anywho, decent enough with some cooked onion and tomato sauce on white fluffy rolls. MMM!