K-Bank W. English Service In Cm ?

THAIPHUKET

I want to get this here

In my local KBANK, I deposited and "locked" 200k in a fixed deposit account and they gave me a Platinum VISA card with 200k limit. No company/work permit needed if you lock the money. Several phone calls from KBANK in Bangkok to clarify things, but card issued within 2 weeks.

-----------

snapback.pngpuuchai299, on 2011-03-21 13:29:54, said:

You can easily open an account with K bank with a debit card visa attached to the account,you can then make the same card usable as a web shopping card and get online banking for it also.normally you only need to let them copy your passport.I and many of my friends have this and it took no longer than 30 minutes to open the account.

yes I recommend K-bank they have good service and the internet banking is very good also.

Agreed. I've tried most of the main banks and for me KBANK is the best. Very good internet banking, English speaking and reasonably knowledgeable staff (at least in my branch).

Where in Chiang Mai is that true too??

I would be caredul of using Kasikorn Thai bank.

Last year, a bank worker copied my signed letter requesting some money, and used it some months later to steal 250,000 baht from me.

I now have an account at SCB.

Been using K-Bank for a year now and never had a problem.

Debit card and internet banking set up and issued on the day I opened the account and no money required to be "locked in".

always found the staff to be good at every branch I've been in, not just my branch.

The web card can now be used to book on-line with Air Asia, not sure how long this has been the case but it's not very long.

I remember trying to use the web card for this towards the end of last year and it did not work at that time.

I recently got a credit card from ayuthya bank by locking away a set amount of money in an account. It took 2 weeks to come through. The webcard is ok but you can only use it on the web obviously and a lot of hotels and car hire etc want to see a physical credit card.

I got the web card from Kasikorn Bank without 'locking in' a single satang. It can be used as a credit card but is actually a debit card which debits from your balance. OP, if you are referring to an unsecured line of credit, then I don't believe it is possible without a work permit.

I got the web card from Kasikorn Bank without 'locking in' a single satang. It can be used as a credit card but is actually a debit card which debits from your balance. OP, if you are referring to an unsecured line of credit, then I don't believe it is possible without a work permit.

I am not looking for an unsecured line of credit. No problem with a chash balance but if possible without it even better.

What did you asks for specifically?

The Credit card can be obtained without a work permit by locking in a certain amount of your funds, but you get a bill every month like you would on a normal credit card and you never have funds taken from your account. You pay as per normal in a set time or you get charged interest on what you owe. So for example for your marriage visa you need to have 400k thb in a thai account to show immigration, you can get a credit card on 90% of the amount so in this case 360k thb. You still have the 400k thb in your account to show the immigration but you also have a credit card that you can use the funds with and not just keep in the bank. The credit card company will not take any money from your 400k as you will be charged seperate for any transactions you make on the credit card plus interest if you dont pay back in 60 days. The only time they will take anything from your 400k account is if you cancel the card and your in a negative balance with it or if you dissapear from the face of the earth. Its just basically security for the bank.

Edited by thaimiller

I am not looking for an unsecured line of credit. No problem with a chash balance but if possible without it even better.

What did you asks for specifically?

It's called K Cyber Banking. Once you open that you can get the web card very easily.

There is a lovely, English speaking gentleman in my Kasikorn branch. It is on the Chiang Mai - Maejo Road, right in the plaza that is next to the hospital, on the corner of the Superhighway. (sorry, I'm crap with with directions)

Nobody with an answer out there?

Which Kasikorn Branch in Chiang Mai has English speaking staff?

Thapae RD. Near soi 2. I have been a customer for 10 years, and they have English speaking staff.

Hope this will help. :)